Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-21, 11:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Bring on the good, and the bad reviews!
This^^

There have been times someone else's negative review was what convinced me I would like it, lol!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 06:59 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thanks to all those who made me feel better! I DO like her as an instructor and think her walks are perfect for days I don’t feel like exercising because there is Zero Dread factor! And, sometimes, I don’t want to have to have to think hard to perform moves that require a lot of coordination (I have 2 left feet). So, these walks are perfect for that. I’ll definitely keep her walks as I really like her encouraging style and supportive banter. She seems like a really nice person and I don’t find her grating in any way. She’s very pleasant and I like her. She will be my goto girl for those type of days mentioned above. Also- I just want to be clear that I have only done 6 walks. So, the later walks *may* have more variety the further you go in the series. But, if it is 50 walks like the first six than I’m going to have to give a thumbs down. If that is the case, maybe taking the best 8 walks with the most variety and sunny weather would have been a better dvd set than 50 mostly the same walks with bad weather.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 07:28 AM  
star117

I tried about 7-8 of these when she released them on youtube a few months ago. I loved her personality, and the idea of them being in a different state because that is such a unique idea. The moves are repetitive, but that doesn't bother me too much (I also have a bazillion Leslies!), but I did one everyday and also found that to be not good for me as I was starting to dread it. BUT I think the reason was because I was not a fan at all of the voiceover on the workouts between segments. The just really were distracting to me and I can't really explain why, but I didn't think they were necessary and they annoyed me HA Are the dvds the exact same walks that were on the YT videos? If so, I'm going to pass...even though I really like that map!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 08:27 AM  
laurajhawk

Don't feel bad, Gemini! It's good to know what people think. For myself, I was expecting them to be pretty similar - just from reading other posts/reviews about Jenny and looking at her youtube workouts. I don't think I'd want to do one of these every day by any means. I have found myself doing more walking-type workouts for cardio - due to both preferences and injuries - and I like the idea of having something different from my usual Jessica and Virtual Active, especially since I'm using Jessica for weights right now.

I know I don't need *50* of them. But, you know, they're practically free.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 08:46 AM  
Dancing Queen

I just received my DVDs yesterday and I'm pretty excited about the workouts and the map.

My husband, a history buff, suggested that I do the walks in the order they became states so completing the map would help me learn as I go.

I'm definitely glad to have 50 new walks in my collection - 30 minutes is just right for starting my day and leaves enough time for strength training or yoga afterward.
Dancing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 10:18 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Gemini, your review is very important and and can save folks' money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
... There have been times someone else's negative review was what convinced me I would like it, lol!
If I read reviews that say, "Boring" or "Too many form pointers" or "Not enough choreography" - that grabs my attention right away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
I just received my DVDs yesterday and I'm pretty excited about the workouts and the map.
My husband, a history buff, suggested that I do the walks in the order they became states so completing the map would help me learn as I go. ...
What a great idea! Err, could he makes us a list with those dates???

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 11:42 AM  
Mickey12

I'm enjoying these walks, but I can't do too many too close together because I also find them extremely repetitive. Someone else mentioned it would be nice if some had faster pace and beats per minutes or if the camera moved somewhat for different angles. I completely agree. The thing I like is the different scenery because the workouts definitely don't have a lot of variety. I also like the walks that have movement in the background. Some are filmed in country or beach settings or just away from people and with no camera movement, they get sort of stale quickly. The walks that have people walking, on bikes or skates, or vehicles moving around are the ones that pass more quickly for me. She did some walks with local people as background exercisers. Those are my favorite.

I'm glad I purchased them though. I will continue working my way through and as I posted earlier, I'm keeping track of which walks have a sunny setting because that's a big draw for me if/when I circle back to do them again.
Old 04-16-21, 12:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
If I read reviews that say, "Boring" or "Too many form pointers" or "Not enough choreography" - that grabs my attention right away!
Yes!! ^^ALL This +1

"Repetitive"
Me: "Oh I could learn this one.."

" Too easy" or "not intense"
Me: "Oh, my level!"

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 01:52 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Sounds like just what I need. I have Jenny's Checkout Workout and it is inside a little room. Now Jenny and I are going to get out and see the world!
Old 04-16-21, 07:44 PM  
pgun3

When I ordered I screwed up and must not have clicked I wanted the dvds and I asked Jenny if I could pay the $10 and have them shipped to me. Jenny sent them free of charge. How awesome was that.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jenny ford, mindless workouts, outdoor settings, outdoor workouts, walk across america, walking workouts