Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-21, 04:39 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Oh definitely come back and update how those work out!
OMG...I hated them!! I'm returning them tomorrow. I think they would be great for someone with foot problems due to the support. However, I don't have foot problems and was only getting them for the cushioning because I do have bad knees. Thumbs down for me. What a bummer.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 04:51 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
OMG...I hated them!! I'm returning them tomorrow. I think they would be great for someone with foot problems due to the support. However, I don't have foot problems and was only getting them for the cushioning because I do have bad knees. Thumbs down for me. What a bummer.
Aw!! But thanks for reporting back, it's always interesting to hear how things can be so different for others.

I've really enjoyed my Hoka One One Challengers with Gore Tex, but I do have a history of foot problems and really appreciate the noticeable arch support.

I'm wearing mine after going a good while sampling other stuff, and the arch support is more noticeable than I realized at first. This is not a negative for me, but I can see how it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

And LOL, but I bought mine with Gore Tex so I could wear them in the rain and inevitably wind up getting caught in the rain wearing the wrong shoes.
Old 03-26-21, 07:22 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Aw!! But thanks for reporting back, it's always interesting to hear how things can be so different for others.

I've really enjoyed my Hoka One One Challengers with Gore Tex, but I do have a history of foot problems and really appreciate the noticeable arch support.

I'm wearing mine after going a good while sampling other stuff, and the arch support is more noticeable than I realized at first. This is not a negative for me, but I can see how it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

And LOL, but I bought mine with Gore Tex so I could wear them in the rain and inevitably wind up getting caught in the rain wearing the wrong shoes.
Oh, no....isn't that always the way! That is my luck too!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 07:53 PM  
wendug

For walking shoes I like "skater" style shoes. I just bought these and they are super comfortable.

https://www.6pm.com/p/sbicca-keyston...7/color/405669

I also have shoes in the same basic style from Earth and Naturalizer that are great, too. I like that they are a bit more stylish than athletic sneakers.
Old 03-26-21, 09:33 PM  
SEV

Another vote for running shoes. Right now I have Sketches and they are super comfy for walking. I never have been able to walk in cross trainers, even ones I love for my dvds.

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 06:23 AM  
geojill

I work as a repair tech and stand on cement a lot. I also walk outside during my breaks, so I need comfy shoes that are good to walk in as well. I have been wearing Skechers Max Cushion sneakers. They are comfortable for work and walking, and last year I walked more than I ever have... I wore the crap out of those soles! Tried a different sneaker at the end of last year and they weren’t the same, so I went online and bought two more pairs of the max cushion.
Old 03-27-21, 07:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I work as a repair tech and stand on cement a lot. I also walk outside during my breaks, so I need comfy shoes that are good to walk in as well. I have been wearing Skechers Max Cushion sneakers. They are comfortable for work and walking, and last year I walked more than I ever have... I wore the crap out of those soles! Tried a different sneaker at the end of last year and they weren’t the same, so I went online and bought two more pairs of the max cushion.
This is great to hear! I love my Skechers and have been wondering about the Max Cushion. I will probably get some since I put off buying new shoes in the fall. Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 11:00 AM  
BunnyHop

This discussion has prompted me to review my shoe supply and come to the realization that I needed to throw out three pairs of worn out sneakers.

I'd kept them in the rotation just out of habit. Not going out in the world as much as usual seems to have kept me from noticing how aged they were.

Funnily enough, I've got plenty of perfectly good shoes, I'd just had those three worn out pairs in the front of the cabinet so that's what I wore all the time.

I'm noticing that this has been a pattern of mine, bath towels, dishes, clothing. A good reason to re-organize and re-evalulate.
Old 03-27-21, 02:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Well that stinks! I want extra cushion. I guess you saved me from purchasing because I don't need extra support either. Maybe I will try the ones Susan H mentioned.

Sherry have you been able to sort through these responses and find a shoe?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 05:24 PM  
star117

Buying shoes is sooooo hard! And we don't have a lot of options to look and try on in our town
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes, sneakers, walking shoes