Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-21, 11:37 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

I don't understand having a registration deadline. ??? If you want to buy this, you have to do it in the next 10 days?

This will be the first of Jessica's programs that I am passing on, but I do really hope it is successful for her with a different target market.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 11:44 AM  
carolyn jane

In the program information it says you can cycle through the program as many times as you want. Does that mean once you pay for it, the program belongs to you and you can access it forever?
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 11:54 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
In the program information it says you can cycle through the program as many times as you want. Does that mean once you pay for it, the program belongs to you and you can access it forever?
I believe so.

I have to admit, the $97 price made me think twice, and I'm a huge Jessica fan. But I will be buying it, because her workouts suit me so well. And if I own it forever, well as long as PP is around, it would be a good investment in the long run.

I'm not sure about the check-ins either. I have only enough emotional energy for one check in here and the FB Group! However, I am interested in what the support will be like.
Old 03-04-21, 11:55 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
I don't understand having a registration deadline. ??? If you want to buy this, you have to do it in the next 10 days?

This will be the first of Jessica's programs that I am passing on, but I do really hope it is successful for her with a different target market.
I think you only have to do it starting March 15 if you want the one on one personal training from the check in group. I think you can do the workouts any time, similar to other PP digital purchases.
Old 03-04-21, 12:01 PM  
bjones

I think she made it streaming only (no download) in order to offer the money back guarantee. Which who knows if that will even work?

Also I noticed that the price has $197 crossed out with $97 as the current price. Is that to entice you to buy it in the next 2 weeks or risk a massive price hike?

Why are there no video previews of the workouts? Walk Strong 3 had a really nice series of previews of each video. And you got a lot more workouts for the price too. And they are only 30 minutes each.

So...I'm definitely passing on this one. I have Cathe's XTrain, STS, Pure Strength, Slow and Heavy, Pyramids, etc. Cathe also has nice timesaver options. I'm not sure that Jessica can really beat Cathe in strength training intensity, variety and premixes.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m good with digital, but the longer workouts are a definitely a con for me. I like the variety of stringing shorter workouts together. And $97 is a bit pricey for me after I convert it to Canadian $. So I’ll pass for now, but I’ll be curious to hear reviews from those who do buy it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:09 PM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post

My understanding is that there is a registration deadline but you can start the workouts any time you want, you don't have to be part of the check in group (definitely not me) and the workouts are yours to access anytime forever. Am I understanding that correctly?

ETA: Wish all of the workouts were 40 min or less
Yes, once you buy the program, it is yours to keep. From her email: "Once purchased, the plan is yours to keep forever and you can start it at any time, but our goal is to be able to go through the program together as a community, beginning on Monday, March 15th."

I think I'm going to pass. There so many 12-week programs offered for free on Youtube by very good trainers (i.e., Caroline Girvan), I don't feel the need to spend $97 for something that's similar.
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:14 PM  
sillygirl

I love Jessica and have almost all her workout DVDs but I will revisit this program if/when it's available on DVD.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:21 PM  
s2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandmom View Post
Yes, once you buy the program, it is yours to keep. From her email: "Once purchased, the plan is yours to keep forever and you can start it at any time, but our goal is to be able to go through the program together as a community, beginning on Monday, March 15th."

I think I'm going to pass. There so many 12-week programs offered for free on Youtube by very good trainers (i.e., Caroline Girvan), I don't feel the need to spend $97 for something that's similar.
It's yours to keep as long as purple player is around. I'm sure that's not a real issue but I always feel I'd rather have it on my own USB stick than rely on a service staying in biz

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:22 PM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I love Jessica and have almost all her workout DVDs but I will revisit this program if/when it's available on DVD.
Me too!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift