Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-21, 05:55 PM  
pgun3

fat consistency...

Why is some fat more normal looking and some look sludgy? Mine looks sludgy LOL does this make sense?
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 06:39 PM  
Terry

I don't know exactly what you mean, but: My back-of-the arm fat has been of a consistent pinch-thickness my entire adult life. By my mid-50s, the fat was showing as a slight bulge that had not been there before. My older skin stopped holding the fat in smoothly the way my younger/tighter skin had done previously.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 11:01 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Why is some fat more normal looking and some look sludgy? Mine looks sludgy LOL does this make sense?
Lifestyle. Genetics. Sun Exposure. Muscle gain and loss.

Lots of reasons. Some of which we can control and some that are out of our hands.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 06:51 PM  
upperwside

I hear ya! I noticed my arms that always looked amazing looked flabby. I think it's Peri menopause. If I watch my calories it's all good. The second I don't I look puffy. Walk a very fine line at 48! Every bite too much makes a huge difference!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 07:59 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I hear ya! I noticed my arms that always looked amazing looked flabby. I think it's Peri menopause. If I watch my calories it's all good. The second I don't I look puffy. Walk a very fine line at 48! Every bite too much makes a huge difference!
my problem is I was in denial and didn't want to look at what was happening with my body...I don't have many pictures of me over the years. I didn't look in the mirror and that is what happened to me.

What I mean sludge is I look at my legs and it looks like something is under my skin that looks like LOL sludge LOL imagine what that would look like. Not smooth, kind of lumpy. I wonder what I could do to help that? dry brushing? Message? I think eating better would help but I am slowly trying to work on that.

and I am in menopause or finished...I have no clue. I have not had a period in maybe 2 years
Old 02-26-21, 08:00 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Lifestyle. Genetics. Sun Exposure. Muscle gain and loss.

Lots of reasons. Some of which we can control and some that are out of our hands.
I think I have had a lot of muscle loss through the years. I don't eat well and I have gained weight
Old 02-26-21, 11:41 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I always remember this inspirational before and after post from Hilary:

http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/sho...d.php?t=180270

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone here in this thread. I just found it amazing what a difference in body composition looked like and of course the years/effort that went into making the change and that it was possible, at least in her situation. Everyone of course has their own unique challenges and bodies though.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 05:59 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone here in this thread. I just found it amazing what a difference in body composition looked like and of course the years/effort that went into making the change and that it was possible, at least in her situation. Everyone of course has their own unique challenges and bodies though.
Well, there is hope for even me then. She looks even fitter at 58
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 07:10 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post

thank you! my legs are larger at the top. I am concerned with my skin rebounding since I am going to be 55 in August....It's kind of scary. I should never have let myself go this far

Tags
fat