Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-16, 01:09 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
I also wanted to hear personal thoughts, so I am very grateful for both!! I hope this helps you, SBH, as I didn't mean to hijack or anything {{HUG}}
Personal experience with something is always good and helpful to hear about!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-16, 01:39 PM  
sbh

Wow! There are quite a few of us who are keeping up the good fight. I am interested in hearing all the methods of pain relief and rehab. I am sending all of you prayers for renewed health.

doglover I am also so sorry about the loss of your husband.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-16, 07:48 PM  
PrairieGem

You can add me to the list. I'm not currently injured, thank goodness, but I have gained a lot of weight in the past several months due to thyroid issues, stress, and a skin problem (probably thyroid-related) that took two rounds of steroids to get under control. *Sigh*

I posted a few weeks ago that I have a really hard time getting motivated to restart by therapeutic workouts like CS, etc. I enjoy them... eventually, but they're not my favorite, and I kinda have to already be in the swing of working out to talk myself into doing them. (I'll often find myself opting to do nothing instead.) So I'd been focusing on walking outside; plus short, beginner-friendly circuits; taping old episodes of Gilad on cable; and KCM's "Start Here."

The trouble I'm having right now is this heat wave that just won't stop. It's been in the 90s for weeks now, which is unusual for us (it's always hot, but not this hot for this long). It's even really too hot to do much inside, and it's really sapping my energy. So I'm trying to channel my motivation into sticking to a healthy food plan.
Old 07-24-16, 09:13 PM  
cpcathy

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 11:29 AM  
Zippy

I'm in the same boat. Starting over today. I am using weight watchers as that is the only way I have been able to lose weight in the past. I am also starting over with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I did it last fall and made it to weeks 7 and 8 but didn't like those 2 weeks for some reason. This time I will sub. with her other video's. I am excited to do this because I bought tickets for Jillians 2016. The date in Minnesota is 11/12/16. I want to complete at least one round prior to attending this. Cannot wait.
Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 11:43 AM  
mlroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
I am excited to do this because I bought tickets for Jillians 2016. The date in Minnesota is 11/12/16. I want to complete at least one round prior to attending this. Cannot wait.
What a great incentive to keep it up! Good luck!

Still just bein' a mel...
mlroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-16, 07:33 PM  
OSusanna

I keep trying. I keep trying. I had an injury myself and then a cold and then fatigue (probably from not exercising) and then whatever I allowed myself to use as an excuse. So I am a restarter again and I'm doing what I always do when I restart. MARGARET RICHARD! How can I work so hard and not sweat? Her workouts are my gateway to other weight workouts just like Leslie's are the gateway to other cardio that I also enjoy.

One thing that always stays in the back of my mind is that fitness is really really personal. I learned that here. Not private necessarily, but personal and so my Leslie walks and 1/2 hours with Margaret Richard are hard for me personally sometimes for a variety of reasons. And I kick myself for letting it be that way. But then I just do the workout and try to get consistent.

I keep trying because I always see the line graph of my fitness progress not as a straight line going up over time but as a line that dips and rises with my circumstances and physical health.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote