Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-03-21, 06:54 AM  
sherry7899

2021 Holiday Gift Exchange Wishlist thread

I am starting the thread in case anyone has a wishlist ready.

Some tips: (thank you!)

Please include your size if you ask for socks or clothing

Please include any allergies if you ask for food items

Please include some less expensive options for dvds and streaming

If you ask for anything fragrance related, please include which scents you like and do not like.

It can be helpful to list favorite and least favorite colors.

Thank you so much for joining us! I think we can all use some extra holiday cheer this year !

From Anne's post:

Gifts must be mailed out (postmarked) by December 7th. Please make sure that you can postmark your gift by December 7th --- some people have had to wait until after Christmas for their gifts and that isn't fair to them. Obviously, things happen -- but, let's stick with the holiday spirit!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 07:23 AM  
Rhonda

Here is a start: may come back to add more

KCM BoxFit DVD
KCM Supersculpt DVD
Streaming sites: I already have CoffeyFit RAW; Peloton; Les Mills (which I hate to say I don't use often)
Don't care for Beachbody
would like to try: Fitfusion https://www.fitfusion.com/checkout/s...be/gift?gift=1

Burts Bees Lip Balm (regular)

Candles (Vanilla, cinnamon)

Harney and Son's Tea (faves are Mint Verbena, Green Hot Cinnamon Spice), don't like Black Tea

Jigsaw Puzzles (Lighthouses, wolves, tigers/cats, scenery from where your from).

2022 wall hanging calendar. I use one in the basement to write down my workouts.

Hair bands to pull hair up when working out

I like chewy candy such as swedish fish, red vines licorice, chocolate covered caramels.
Trail mix with nuts/raisins/chocolate

Yoga Mat cleaner, yoga blanket (don't need yoga blocks or straps have plenty). No foam roller have several.

Last edited by Rhonda; 11-04-21 at 06:17 AM. Reason: added
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 07:06 PM  
sherry7899

I will come back and add links for the streaming sites. I just wanted to get started

This is my thirteenth year participating.
Thank you so much for reading my wish list! I understand about being on a tight budget, and I will be very grateful for anything that is sent to me. I know this was a really difficult year for many of us. My family does not really exchange gifts, so I absolutely love being part of the VF exchange and being surprised. It makes my holiday season! Thank you in advance for being my Santa.

Please do not be put off by the length of my list. I only included a lot to increase the element of surprise and give my Santa more to work with. Hopefully that will make things easy. I will be thrilled with anything I receive.

I have chronic pain issues, so I cannot do anything with high impact. My favorite workouts are, non-complicated dance, kickboxing, yoga (including kundalini, hatha, and yin and restorative, and anything to help with low back/neck and hip opening). I’m a music snob/geek, so I love workouts with great music. I do not do any Firm, pilates, step or complex cardio. I love anything “woo woo” and hippy dippy (have them all, but workouts like Misty Tripoli, Soul Sweat, Yoga Booty Ballet, NIA, Bellyfit, etc)

Please do check back. I may add more ideas after seeing other people's lists

I am happy with streaming if the dvds are too expensive.

DVD Wish List: ( I am fine with gently used dvds)
-Cathe Flex Train Low Impact Metabolic
-Cathe Freidrich Perfect 30 Pump
-Gin Miller famous 100 Reps (total fitness dvd)
-Shaun T Hip Hop Abs Ultimate Results (I have the original set) if you happen to have found them cheaply
-mimi kuo deemer Yoga and QiGong (single cheaper dvd, not the two dvd set, which I have already-Amazon)
-Yoga Emergency 12 minute back workout-Collage

I would love to try any of these streaming sites. Please ask Anne or fanofladyvols for my e-mail address. If I messed up any links and you can’t find the site, please ask fanofladyvols for me to search and I’ll send her the link.

-one month Body Project streaming
https://teambodyproject.com/
-one month Yoga Ranger streaming
https://theyogaranger.vhx.tv/checkou...be/gift?gift=1

one month streaming Body Groove
https://www.bodygrooveondemand.com/c...be/gift?gift=1
-booya fitness one month:
https://www.booyafitness.com/pricing
-one month yoga tx streaming:
https://yogavida.vhx.tv/help/subscri...a-subscription

non fitness dvd/cd ideas: (hope this is okay!)

“Respect” movie with Jennifer Hudson (amazon)
“A Gift From Bob” movie on dvd (amazon)
“The Highwomen” cd (I love Brandi Carlile!) (amazon)
Brian May “Back to the Light” 2021 double cd set (amazon)
Roger Taylor “Outsider” cd (amazon)

Other things that may be helpful about me:
-I love psychological suspense, and British/Irish authors, and books about being an empath (Judith Orloff “Thriving as an Empath.”)
- -anything with Peanuts characters, especially Snoopy –I adore Snoopy! A mini desk calendar would be wonderful (Amazon)
-my favorite colors are purple and pink (all shades), blue, turquoise, red and black. My least favorite colors are brown, orange, yellow and green.
- cds for relaxation and yoga nidra to help with insomnia, especially ocean or rain sounds
-anything yoga and meditation related-surprise me ! meditation oils, yoga mat cleaner, crystals/stones
-anything with cats (especially black cats) fairies, or butterflies
-warm fuzzy socks in pink, purple, or blue or black (size 10 feet) My feet are always cold!
-bookmarks
-cute notepads or blank journals (any size!) with cats, fairies, Peanuts characters, hearts , butterflies
-colored pens, especially in colors like purple, blue or pink (all shades)
-I’d like to try diamond painting-something small just in case I hate it! Anything with cats (especially black cats) or flowers, fairies, etc

-I love to bake and cook, so if you want to share any favorite recipes (don’t really eat beef) especially for soup/stews/smoothies/healthy or unhealthy treats, I would appreciate it. I mean to share recipes, not to buy cookbooks. I am also obsessed with using my Instant Pot, so if you have found any great free recipes, please share! I also love kitchen gadgets , like cute cupcake liners, or silicone spatulas in bright colors with sayings about baking , or plain ones.

- a purse sized planner-anything with cats, flowers, etc-ones from the dollar store are fine!

Beauty products:
-I dislike fruit scents, except for coconut.
-Shower gel or lotion in any scents listed below, or holiday scents :cinnamon/vanilla, warm vanilla sugar
-Body butter from Trader Joe’s in coconut, pumpkin or pomegranate, or body butter from anywhere! I am not brand picky.
-heavy duty hand cream-my hands get SO dry in the winter. I love "Working Hands" brand, but I will try any brand.
-I have long hair, and love unusual large barrettes (the size that can hold hair pulled back from both sides ) especially silver/ pewter ones shaped liked hearts, flowers, etc or coated hair rubber bands for ponytails for when I exercise, or soft cloth wideheadbands. I love prints like flowers or paisley, or solid colors.
-curly hair styling products or deep conditioner
-I wear fragrance oils as perfume, and love the scents of lilac, jasmine, gardenia,Ylang ylang, violet, pumpkin, coconut, vanilla, sweet pea,lily, honeysuckle
(the brand P & J is great and is available on Amazon and it is inexpensive. I also like the floral fragrance oils from the brand Barnhouse Blue
- I love Burt's Bees facial wash for sensitive skin
-Love, Beauty and Planet brand rose scented anything-body wash, lotions, etc.
-hair ties for thick hair-any brand

Holiday Treats: (no allergies)
I adore chocolate, (especially dark chocolate, chocolate with peanut butter, like Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups, or chocolate with peppermint or mint) and dark chocolate covered pretzels, almonds or peanuts. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate. I LOVE peppermint bark. I also enjoy trail mix with nuts/dried fruit and bit of chocolate or mini peanut butter cups (like the "Adventure" trail mix at Aldi or anything from Trader Joe's or Target.

I am curious about trying protein powder. I do NOT mean to send a pricey can of protein powder! If you happen to have extra sample packets, that would be really helpful. Thank you!

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but please do not send any of the following. I would hate money wasted on things I cannot use or do not need. Thank you!
-candles (we have very curious cats )
-holiday decorations and ornaments –we are fully stocked! We no longer put up our tree because our cats are climbers.
-coffee/tea/hot chocolate-we have plenty
-lip balms (ones that are not tinted) I have plenty already
-cookbooks-too expensive, and I have a large collection
-mugs-we have no more space due to my huge collection of Snoopy mugs
-I do not need an apron since I received a lovely one last year
- I have yoga blocks and straps_______________

Old 11-03-21, 07:10 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Bumping this for people who might not have seen it yet... Off to work on mine.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 07:45 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Bumping this for people who might not have seen it yet... Off to work on mine.
I could barely come up with dvd ideas! My collection is huge, and the instructors I like don't release dvds any more, which is so sad!

Old 11-05-21, 02:22 AM  
JENILU

Just gonna save me a little spot (which will turn into a huge one because I get too wordy)
Thank you guys for getting it started and the work everyone puts into it and the fun people still try to put into it!!

** Update: My Dear Santa, I have cleaned up a little and added a few things. - i am always adding, so no worries if you don;t wish to look anymore- and if I take anything off, its only because I am embarressed its so long and trying to cut down, definately not that I wouldn't want. As long as you are having fun putting whatever you decide together, than its perfect!!

Please forgive me for being so slow. I would love any of these and possibly others. Of course, used is absolutely fine, just have fun. I do have a designated "mostly fitness list" on Amazon if you would like it. Too many health issues to even talk about, so probably nothing more intense than Jessica Smith (my go to person), and no shaky/tip toe type barre (lol)
Some possibilities: (i don't expect any of these more expensive items, just naming if you could find used cheap or lying around or trade)
- Nadia Narain - Yoga For Everyone Box Set (kind of expensive, cheaper on Amazon than other places, also interested in just the Dvd from it called Everyday Yoga for Stress Release)
- Chair Pilates set with Caroline Sandry (a bit cheaper on Total Fitness)
- Jessica Smith - Walk Off Belly Fat ; Total Stretch; Gentle Yoga Stretch
- Kari Anderson - Center Floor, Sweat express 2 (both of these may be too hard, but would love to try if easy to get)
- Gilad Xcelerate vol. 4 or 2
- Ballet Beautiful - Total body, Body Blast, Supermodel, the 2nd DVD of the easier pregnancy set (basically saying, any of her floor work stuff, lol)
- Jari Love - Get Ripped and Jacked (only if you can find cheap, etc)
- Qigong for Health and Wellness with Mimi Kuo Deemer (actually just interested with anything, including books, for deep healing, especially my organs, but also inflammation, sudden meno, and cancer)
- plenty more on that Amazon List. If you prefer a streaming GC, I have considered Sadie Nardini, Les Mills, Cocolime Fitness (maybe), possibly another gentle one I haven't thought of? (Amazon GCs are great too!)

Just some (edit: too many) loose ideas of loves
- I am a tomboy boho/hippie steampunk combo kinda girl which makes no sense, so yes, basically me. (and very spiritual)
- Anything homemade from the heart is a joy, and so special to me if you like to do that
-** I adore anything with turtles on it 9also love the Cheshire cat!)
- Inspirational things (verses, sayings on others things, note cards, note pads, devotionals etc..
- Katy Daisy or other datebook in that style format (The Creative Revolution one, by the same brand looks nice). This format has helped me a lot over the last few years, doesn't have to be the brand they come from (stickers would be fun too, or pretty pens)
- I love large coffee cups, but they are hard to come by, I do collect shot glasses and a cute one from your area would be fun!
- Stuff that would help in learning sketching (a book, pencils, whatever?)
- unique, inexpensive stainless steel/silver, etc type jewelry (steampunk, turquoise,...just different)
- lip healing and plumping products 9maybelline and milani make some nice ones, but open to others- no pineapple, allergic
- been trying different types of hats since I struggle to fix my hair anymore. bucket hats, old fashioned caps, toboggans, baseball caps
- funko pop dolls- I collect all kinds, but am especially fond of old cartoons and shows
- Shows I'd love to collect anything from: Dr. Who; Blacklist; Mandalorian; any Stargate Series; The 100; The Queen's Gambit (Movies: Old horror, Maleficent; Pride and Prejudice; Anne of Green Gables)
- Fave colors: anything that color shifts!! LOVE; turquoise- and all shades of blue or green in between; all shades of purple except maybe the pinkier ones; silver/grey; coral
- Scents i love of coconut, pistachio )only experience with that is the sheamoisture one), cinammon; apple; tropical; honey; sometimes peppermint (I do have to be somewhat careful with chemicals, so the more natural the product, the better
- Love Coffee and hot tea (any chai without black pepper is a fave for tea, and I love holiday flavored coffees especially- affordable only); I can eat nuts other than peanuts
- ooh, forgot, could use some really low kinda thick socks (I seem to always get them to where they show a little, and its ok if they do (I wear an 8 if that matters)
(PS: I have a George (my Quaker parrot), 2 cats (well 3 actually and 2 of them are my grandchildren, lol- son's both have cats; and my fur baby daughter Lucy)

Bless you if you read all this, and especially if you have bothered looking at updates. You are an angel. My brain works like this and I hope and pray it doesn't overwhelm you. I just think its more fun to know things and have options.
Many blessings

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown

Last edited by JENILU; 11-13-21 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Trying to make a little sense
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 07:29 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I could barely come up with dvd ideas! My collection is huge, and the instructors I like don't release dvds any more, which is so sad!
Sherry I have to agree. I have only come up with one DVD and just don't have anyone or any other DVD that I want.

I have a huge collection that I don't use much as it is and my goal is to put some up on VF Roost so others can enjoy them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 10:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Dear Santa, here are some items that would help support my fitness and stress reduction goals in 2022. Used DVDs are perfectly fine. I don’t expect all of these, just putting some ideas down for you.

*** Tracey Mallett Booty Barre Ballet - with “four quick workouts” on the cover
** Ellen Barrett Self Slim & Sleek Fast
* Tracey Mallett Get Your Body Back

A month subscription to Glo - https://www.glo.com/gift

Leg warmers, plain old 1980s style without boot cuffs

Lip balm (stick) with cocoa butter

If you shop at T.J. Maxx, sometimes they have yummy Perlier products in the bath/body department. Love those. Something small, postage is so awful now.

Votive candles - spice or fruit scents

If you knit or crochet - I love scarves! (If by the odd chance my Santa likes to knit slouch hats - hint, hint)

A little something that represents where you live - like a local artisan soap bar, or a shell, or an interesting little rock for my crystal gridding hobby, etc.

I really shouldn’t be eating treats, and we don’t decorate anymore. But if you must twist my elbow I only eat gluten free goodies or dark chocolate cashews or almonds.

Thanks so much! I'll appreciate and enjoy whatever you can send!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 11:31 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Dear Santa….

I am excited to participate again this year! Please don’t feel pressured to exceed your budget! I rarely use DVDs any more, have gone to downloads & streaming.

So here is my list……

Jessica Smith Downloads:
Walk Strong Burn Fat & Have Fun
Walk Strong Build Metabolism & Muscle
Walk On Walk Off Belly Fat

Streaming GC:
Callanetics
https://www.callanetics.tv/gift_cards/new

My email for GC or download: p-rogers@shaw.ca

Other:
Cosy winter socks for hiking, shoe size 7.5
Lightweight gloves
Scarves
Winter headband for my outdoor walks, like to wear one over my baseball cap
Journal
Colourful baseball cap

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-21, 09:47 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Just gonna save me a little spot (which will turn into a huge one because I get too wordy)
Thank you guys for getting it started and the work everyone puts into it and the fun people still try to put into it!!
I am always glad to see your list because I am just about as wordy!

Tags
2021 gift exchange, gift exchange, holiday gift exchange, wish list