Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-26-21, 07:20 PM  
fanofladyvols

Great workouts everyone!

Since I last posted I finished up the yoga in the BOHO set and enjoyed them. I wouldn't ever choose to do the meditations or the other workouts in the set though. Also did Cathe's upper body Mish Mosh premix #2. Went to visit my daughter and walked with her but mostly had a good visit.

Today was MH60 Crush and Burn Complexes and EBE1 Booty blast. These workouts paired well and I plan to continue to use them together this week. Wrestled the husband out of the recliner and we went for a relaxing outdoor walk to enjoy the gorgeous weather here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-21, 10:23 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Great workouts, everyone! Well done!

Pam, fellow PTer! About 6 months ago, I washed walls in our rental house to prep for paint and a couple of days later my right arms flared with tendonitis in the elbow. Within a few days of compensating for the right arm, the left arm flared as well. So months have passed and I'm a lot better but still not healed. It took forever (3 months) to get into PT after I finally asked my doctor for the referral. I'm glad to be getting some help in healing.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone!

I think I missed checking yesterday -

I did - a few outdoor walks and Yoga w/ Kassandra - 20 Min Morning Yoga Flow Daily Stretch & Strengthen

Today, so far:

Gina B - 1,000 Step '80's DIVA walk
Jessica Valent - Lower Body Blast
Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Stress Relief (7 min)

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 10:27 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday’s activities:
~Beach park walk
~Essentrics TV: Lauren’s live all standing - This was really good, loved some of moves & cues, plan to steal them for my classes. .
~PT exercises

Brenda - Ouch, that sounds painful! Good that you’re making progress though. My progress is slow too, partly because I waited too long to seek treatment. But I’ll get there!

Carol - That back mobility practice sounds like something I’d really like!

Linda - I chuckling about you wrestling your DH out if his recliner.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 08:55 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Trifecta Pilates - Full Body Pilates Class - 15 minutes;
Dog Walk - 25 minutes

Another nice class from Beth. I'm looking forward to my pilates workouts every day and that's saying something!

The dog walk wasn't really exercise, but we were at least moving and the dogs were thrilled.

Pam - I looked on YouTube, but did not see the Back Mobility workout on Beth's channel, so I'm guessing it's available only to streaming members.

Donna - Good workouts, Donna. I like that Lower Body Blast workout by Jessica.

Brenda - Is your elbow getting better finally? That's a really slow go, I know.

Linda - Also laughing at you wrestling your DH out of the recliner.

Waves to Dana.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-21, 08:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed to do a few extras - a dog walk at lunch w/ my Golden and in the evening I did a walking workout w/ Pahla B - I think it was from her August Playlist - Day # 6 - it had music in it -which is weird, LOL!

Today, I was in the mood for Pahla B again and I did her new 40 Min Fit Body workout - that she posted a few weeks ago. The first half is cardio - Pahla style, the second half was strength. I finished up w/ Jessica Valent - Head to toe Challenge - Pilates for the back - it was a nice stretch/strengthen routine.

I hope to walk again today, although it looks like it may rain.

Carol - I know, my Golden likes to sniff and roll in the grass, so it isn't a speedy walk - at least not in the neighborhood. If I take her somewhere else she is more energetic! I'm glad you are enjoying Beth/Trifecta so much! I always said, I think if I stuck w/ her I'd get really good at Pilates. Robin's site is open, but I think I'm going to pass. I have Jessica V. for now and can dabble in some You Tube instructors not to mention my DVDs...

Dana - I'm feeling the same as you about the Shingles vaccine. I know I should, but the side effects do concern me particularly given my history of side effects - passing out from dehydration/fever from the flu vaccine a few years ago was not fun. And it seems like the Shingles one is worse. I did react to the Pfizer COVID vaccine which was no surprise to me. We did have a friend who had such a severe reaction to the first shot that he as advised not to get the 2nd one. I know I would never mix vaccines - like some people will get the flu and Shingrix at the same time. No thanks. I also did have Shingles and it honestly wasn't that bad - I preface that by saying, I got treatment for it ASAP and was on the anti-virals almost immediately so that probably kept it from being worse. I don't know...still on the fence. I suppose I could get the first one and see how I do and if it is bad, not get the 2nd one.

Rambling!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 09-28-21, 08:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Senior Shape - Barre One Weight - 36 minutes; Trifecta Pilates - Total Body Pilates Class - 15 minutes

Nice workout by Lauren - about 20 minutes of standing work followed by about 10 minutes of leg and ab work on the mat and a 5 minute stretch. Even though this was supposed to be easy, I was challenged.

Beth's pilates workout was a little bit harder than the others have been, but she gave a lot of modifications.

Donna - Yes, I definitely passed on Robin's membership. I couldn't even make myself do her short, free workouts. No chance I'd do anything longer, even if I had paid for it. Her stuff is just not my cup of tea. Lots of choices on YouTube right now for pilates instructors. I stumbled across another new one the other day - Kait Coats. I haven't done any of her stuff, but it looks interesting.

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Yesterday my Golden and I walked at lunch.

Today, so far, has been:

Gina B - 1,000 step walk - Country, 1,000 step walk - Heart
Jessica Valent - Pilates Fun with Weights- which was challenging to me, but doable w/ modifications.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 09-29-21, 04:12 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just a quick wave to everyone!

I didn't sleep well and then had a morning appt. with my dr. and I didn't really feel like working out afterwards. This was just a routine BP check and she took some blood to check my glucose and cholesterol. Six months ago, my glucose was borderline but she didn't tell me to fast and I came in after breakfast. This time they also didn't tell me they'll be checking glucose but I didn't eat anything since last night so hopefully the test should reflect actual numbers.

I also got a flu shot. I usually don't get one and wasn't planning on getting one this year either, but since I was already sitting there with my back to the wall so to speak, I've decided to go for it and get it. That was at 9am and so far, I feel perfectly fine unlike the last shot I got it 10 years ago when I had distinct flu symptoms for a day and felt like crap.

I hope everyone is doing well. I plan to get back to my workout routine tomorrow.

Waves!
Old 09-29-21, 04:14 PM  
donnamp

Dana - I always feel somewhat ill from the flu shot - ranging from just some fatigue and body aches to full on feeling like I have the flu and running a fever. It stinks...but I have also had the flu a few times, including H1N1 and that really stunk!

Donna

Tags
bobandbrad