Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-21, 03:43 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I forgot about homeschooling groups. I honestly don't think I could have homeschooled without the information I received on our state homeschooling page. They gave me accurate information unlike all the misinformation I received from our school district.

Erica
PMing you.
Old 08-16-21, 06:06 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
I use facebook to stay connected with old friends and I love it. I feel like I get to be a part of their lives and that wouldn't have happened without facebook. There are other social benefits I get from it also as well as lots of local news and events, fitness stuff, etc. Yes, there is a lot of garbage on there but it has definitely been a positive thing for me. Oh, and I belong to a parents group for my daughter's college that is invaluable and I belonged to support groups for different surgeries I have had in the past where I got more information and support than I ever got from my doctor which helped me be very prepared for my surgeries.

Erica
I feel the same way. I get more benefits than drawbacks from Facebook. I really like the connections and it's been advantageous for me.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 06:31 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I still have a good relationship with that choice of Social Media. I am always learning and I can follow along better with the people. They are no more friends to me than people on VF. I like finding unconventional ways of exercising, which VF does not have.

On VF it’s the quite the same instructors and I did not connect with any of it. I’ve tried, but it’s no my shoe.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 09:58 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I haven't been on FaceBook for about two weeks.

I haven't lost any weight but I feel 100 pounds lighter!

I take it back. I think you are right! I'm sticking to my groups, and ignoring the rest.

Quote:
I forgot about homeschooling groups. I honestly don't think I could have homeschooled without the information I received on our state homeschooling page. They gave me accurate information unlike all the misinformation I received from our school district.

Erica
I started in 2006, and we were on forums back then. Eventually, we moved to FB. I've always found the support helpful.
Old 08-19-21, 06:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I haven't been on FaceBook for about two weeks.

I haven't lost any weight but I feel 100 pounds lighter!

Lol!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 09:34 AM  
amoodygirl

I would really like to give up FB. It does have its value to me as I use it for fitness groups, music interest groups, and animal and animal rescue groups.

Slowly but surely I've unsubbed from various groups and only kept the ones that are of deep interest to me as well as not having a lot of contentious debates (political, etc.) going on. So my FB usage is very minimalist right now. I could see giving it up completely at some point but just not ready at the moment.

I actually enjoy Instagram much more these days. Again, I only bother with the things that are of deep interest to me. I stay far away from anything political or contentious.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 03:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diet LOL

I remember when I posted (years ago) about Leslie Sansone's Walk Diet DVD & a stern moderator deleted my post with a reminder that diet talk was against the rues.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 03:15 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Lol. I guess you can spell it out now . Lol

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 12:52 PM  
warriorprincess

I like Facebook. I log on about 5-10 minutes every day to see what my family and friends are up to. I'm going to 'Yoga with Baby Goats' tomorrow because I saw it on my FB feed. I also found out a dear old friend died a couple of weeks ago, and was able to join in the sharing of memories and old photos of him with friends. I can watch my nieces and nephews grow up from afar.

The trick is simply to unfriend people who post political stuff.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 01:52 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I like Facebook. I log on about 5-10 minutes every day to see what my family and friends are up to. I'm going to 'Yoga with Baby Goats' tomorrow because I saw it on my FB feed. I also found out a dear old friend died a couple of weeks ago, and was able to join in the sharing of memories and old photos of him with friends. I can watch my nieces and nephews grow up from afar.

The trick is simply to unfriend people who post political stuff.
LOL if only it were that simple. There are a few family members who do this consistently. I just snooze them rather than potentially create a rift by unfriending them.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, social media