Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-21, 01:20 PM  
kristiep

I had my first Pfizer dose this past Tuesday. No issues but a sore arm and a slight headache the next day. I worked out the following morning and felt fine. Hoping I have the same experience on the second dose.
Old 04-19-21, 12:33 AM  
sillygirl

Thankful to report that the only side effect I felt was a sore arm. It was noticeable a couple hours after receiving the shot and lasted about 28 hours. Felt like someone punched me really hard in the arm. I'm ambidextrous (write with my right hand but do most everything else with my left) and glad I chose my right. I sleep on my left side so my sleep wasn't affected too much - definitely wasn't comfortable to sleep on the right arm. I made sure to take my probiotics the day before and drank more water than usual (something I need to work on). I played it safe and didn't do any workouts this weekend.
Old 04-19-21, 08:06 AM  
sherry7899

I guess I am just extra lucky...I had the first Pfizer vaccine Saturday morning. I just felt tired until Sunday afternoon. My arm was not even sore. Sunday afternoon I had a slamming headache and nausea. By the evening I started to feel better, but it came back this morning. I hope I do not go through this again for the second one, just in time for my first Mother's Day without my husband or mom. Sigh....

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-19-21, 09:00 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I guess I am just extra lucky...I had the first Pfizer vaccine Saturday morning. I just felt tired until Sunday afternoon. My arm was not even sore. Sunday afternoon I had a slamming headache and nausea. By the evening I started to feel better, but it came back this morning. I hope I do not go through this again for the second one, just in time for my first Mother's Day without my husband or mom. Sigh....
Sherry, I'm sorry you're not feeling well from the vaccine and hope you feel better soon.

Off-topic, but I hate Mother's Day. It's such a painful day for so many people. I subscribe to emails from Pandora jewelry and they recently sent out an email saying that they recognize it can be a hard day and were providing an option to opt-out of all of their Mother's Day emails/promotions. I was really grateful for that and took advantage of that option.

Thinking of you, Sherry.

Erica
Old 04-19-21, 09:58 AM  
warriorprincess

I got my second Pfizer vaccine Saturday, and happy to report only a sore arm again. In two weeks, I'm buying my own groceries! woohoo! I'm so over Instacart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
Old 04-19-21, 01:09 PM  
horsemom2

First Moderna yesterday and I actually feel better today than most days.
(Most days I have lots of random aches and pains.)

I did drink alot of water before the shot and lots since.
Old 04-19-21, 05:39 PM  
Venus

I had my first Moderna vaccine on Thursday. I had a sore arm, headache, and my body felt a little tired and achy (though I'm not sure the latter was because of the vaccine). I just kept it light on the weekend and did mostly gentle yoga.
Old 04-19-21, 05:53 PM  
MathTeacher

I have had both of my Pfizer shots. My arm was a little sore after the first one. I was not even sore after the second one. I did light workouts after both of them just in case.
Old 04-19-21, 08:24 PM  
kat999

I was pretty out of it after my second Pfizer dose. I only started to feel better about 48 hours later. Fatigue, migraine, sore neck, EXTREME sleepiness, and just feeling mentally and physically out of it. The vaccine was on a Thursday afternoon and I didn't do a legit workout again until that Sunday, when I did 45 minutes of a FIRM workout (and I really took it easy with modifications, light weights, and not pushing myself). I worked out like normal for five days the following week.
Old 04-19-21, 08:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I did fine with the first Pfizer shot, sore arm (mildly) only. Got the second one yesterday at 6:30 pm. Arm hurt again, but felt overall fine last night, maybe just a bit "off," but slept fine. Woke up feeling okay but still a bit off; did a light workout routine in a.m. Around noon I started to feel a little achy and was running a mild fever, and that's been a bit on and off for the rest of the day; ibuprofen helped, and I mostly feel fine now. I was worried because I had a more extreme reaction after my 2nd Shingrex shot (nausea, dizziness, fever, chills), so compared to that, this was nothing.

I really enjoyed this SarahBeth yoga routine I did earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiiMZaTLrzE&t=603s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines