Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-21, 12:23 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Monday and DST is here! Spring is just around the corner.

Today was ES Week 10 and a TG cardio workout

Mickey- You will really enjoy your trip to Gettysburg. Hopefully all of the services will be open when you go. Have you seen the CNN special on Lincoln? They have released four episodes thus far and they are good.

Mickey and Kittybug-
40% off is good. I have Level Up, Yoga 30 and 30 and Flexibility and Beyond. I love anything Travis that is 30 minutes.

Lavna, Cataddict and Chel-
My pick would be Cedie. I miss her in the Cathe workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 12:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Monday!

For "metabolic" Monday, I did this one hour Caroline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHNtFY-MSnU

It wasn't very metabolic, but it was a great workout that I loved! I was considering one of her EPIC II workouts that is fairly similar to this -- bodyweight and hits everything -- but I was previewing it last night thinking about how I would modify some things that I would need to modify. It occurred to me that if I looked at her earlier uploads there might be something similar but more doable and that's exactly what I found. Very doable, but still challenging. It was sixty different moves -- 50s work, 10s rest. All lower body done, then upper, then core/abs. The upper body moves had a lot of core involved, since they were usually some sort of plank/push up move, but I have to give her credit, I definitely felt more core work once we switched to that. She had a bunch of different sit up moves in the core section, too. Tough, but doable. I really liked it -- the hour flew by.

And now, DeclutterMax. Waves to all!!
Old 03-15-21, 02:03 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Happy Monday and DST is here! Spring is just around the corner.

Today was ES Week 10 and a TG cardio workout

Mickey- You will really enjoy your trip to Gettysburg. Hopefully all of the services will be open when you go. Have you seen the CNN special on Lincoln? They have released four episodes thus far and they are good.

Mickey and Kittybug-
40% off is good. I have Level Up, Yoga 30 and 30 and Flexibility and Beyond. I love anything Travis that is 30 minutes.

Lavna, Cataddict and Chel-
My pick would be Cedie. I miss her in the Cathe workouts.
I have not seen the special on Lincoln. I'll have to seek it out. By coincidence, I watched the movie Lincoln with Daniel Day Lewis and Sally Field over the weekend. It was good and well acted, but I started to lose interest mid way - too much political shenanigans and not enough human interest for my taste.
Old 03-15-21, 05:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh my, way too much to catch up on! Been a busy few days with Chore Max and Patio Max (cleaning up winter detritus and getting ready for spring, planting bulbs, etc.) and enjoying our lovely weather! It's almost spring!! But I hate the time change, always messes me up for a few days.

So Friday was Kat's Hip Hop step, the one she originally released last fall, then Sunday was Ingrid's Weighted Plyo Legs plus Weighted Plyo Upper Body. Those are NOT heavy weight workouts, my peeps, just FYI. And ouch.

Today I took Manleym's suggestion of Kaylie Daniels' Strength and Cardio Vinyasa and whooooWEEE yep, that was pretty tough but awesome! Right up my yoga alley, hah. I'll definitely check out more from her.

Kim, yes, I'm caving on Inner Dimension probably this Weds when they release the new series. I was talking it over with my husband and explaining to him the discount, etc, and feeling guilty because you know, so many workouts, so little time. He then asks how much it is, to which I expected the 'do you REALLY need this' conversation to happen, but much to my surprise, he says, 'Wait a minute, so it's around $6 per month for something we know you'll love and use, and I'm paying more than four times that for a gym membership I don't use? What was the question again? GO SIGN UP.' Huh....Mr. Kittybug to the enabling rescue! Plus then he went and made sure an HDMI cable was hooked up in the room I practice in. So yeah, I'm signing up!

Bee, I laughed so hard at the 'being in bridge way too long' bit!!! OMG. That's hilarious!!

Nathalie, my absolute favorite is Jai, not that I relate to her and her supreme fitness in any way...she's just a pleasure to watch and very inspiring. I also love Brenda though because she seems so natural and happy and like a lot of fun! I guess I like them all, really.

Horusosiris, I too have Y30F30 but never got any of the others (and sometimes kick myself I didn't do the downloads). I love anything Travis and am looking forward to a subscription right now.

ChelePA, I hope you get to resume your trip plans. Sucks when stuff is cancelled!

FN2, you reminded me I STILL have these Patrick workouts I haven't gotten to yet....arg!!!

UG, have to run, Watulans...work is going to kick my behind this week and I'm behind an eight ball already. Waves to FOLV, Garrie, KateTT, and anyone I missed!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 07:59 PM  
Mickey12

Kittybug I'm happy to hear you have an enabling, understanding husband. Aren't they just the best? The sale price on Inner Dimensions is really what has my attention. I'm hoping that it will inspire me to do more yoga. I haven't purchased yet, but I'm leaning towards it. However, I have to say Travis really has a lot of free workouts on Youtube. I was poking around today and I surprised to find so many.

Tonight I did another of the free 30 minute downloads I got for signing up my email. It was one by Lauren, Find the Joy, I think it was called. It was nice and I think I can learn to enjoy Lauren's practices. I just love Travis so, so, so, so, much. Did I say I love Travis?

Horusosirus thanks so much for mentioning the Lincoln series on CNN. I searched it and I have the episodes downloading to watch. I'm sure I will love it.

Finley is going kitten berserk all over my living room. (even though he's a year old this month) He likes to dive under my yoga mat and he's all amped up now. He gets a running start and jumps off the edge of the love seat like he's racing around a banked curve on a race track. OMG! He just makes me laugh.
Old 03-16-21, 10:00 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Yeah, Kim, can't argue with logic like that, right? And I know...there's so much good yoga on YouTube, Travis and otherwise! But like you, I'm just a sucker for all things Travis and I really love Lauren too. She gives incredible form pointers and is so calm and cool while she's kicking your bum!!!

Happy Birthday, Finley!!!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 01:10 PM  
ChelePA

I don't know how you ladies keep up with your new workouts and streaming services. I actually never signed back up for Cathe Live because I've been so busy with YouTube workouts plus using my DVDs.

Bee...that workout you posted from Caroline looks good. I may try doing it over the weekend on Anna's stretch day.

Today was Anna's HIIT it Harder Day 16. Legs and Glutes with the band. Very similar to her other band workouts. I am using a heavy resistance band but I can tell Anna is using even higher resistance because she struggles for several of the exercises. She always keeps it above her knees. I may try my extra strength band in the future. However, I'm definitely feeling it at my current level. 10 exercises repeated once. It includes cardio and strength moves. I really like using the bands for a change of pace. I then added on a 20 minute HIIT rebounder workout by Michelle Briehler. More intermediate with great music! Finished with a 10 minute Dynamic Stretch on trampoline with SanFran Fitness.

It was such a coincidence that after I finished my band workout...I saw Cathe posted something similar on her Facebook storyline with the tagline Good Things Ahead...using weights and bands. I'm thinking a future series using the combo Looking forward to an announcement!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 01:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!

kittybug, that's very cool about your husband's reaction to the ID deal -- I'm pretty sure my hubby would have puzzled through it the same way. Yay! Kim, there's lots of yoga on youtube, for sure, but I think both ID and Udaya has higher quality videos than a lot of them. Obviously Travis posts some of his streaming content onto youtube, but those 90 minute ones do not have the production quality of his streaming (if that matters to you).

This morning I did Perfect 30 High Impact Hiit and Cathe kicked my a$$!! I was thinking I was getting fitter with these tough youtube workouts, and I'm definitely increasing strength, but man there is nothing like Cathe for real hiit work. She had a lot of burpee type moves in that and she is way faster than I am for that stuff.

I have a very grumpy 21 year old in my midst this morning. Ug! And I was planning to drop off a carload at good will but he left in that car without talking to me. Guess I will just find more stuff to squeeze into it! I'm realizing that decluttering is much like losing weight -- all that stuff didn't accumulate overnight and it's not going to be gone overnight either.

Oh, very intriguing about Cathe and the stretchy band. Is it a loop? Maybe I need to go look. I'm not a big fan of band work, but depending......

Have a great day, all!
Old 03-16-21, 02:23 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...fabric band and a longer resistance one. I wonder if she is going to offer these in her store or in conjunction with the DVDs.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 02:42 PM  
Mickey12

I'm hoping Cathe comes out with new DVDs using the bands. There is a thread in the general discussion section about when Cathe might announce new workouts and what they might be. I posted there about the facebook photos of her using the long loop band and the smaller loop band around her thighs. That would be something new for her. But I will buy any DVD she puts out. Lets just hope the workouts are still DVD which is still my preferred format.

Tags
watulan check-in