Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-07-21, 04:59 PM  
lavna

Hellon Watulans,

How lucky you are to have nice weather. Here, it's been below average and very windy. This week, the weather will be above 0 Celcius with rain in Wednesday! Going from one extreme to the other!

kittybug: I hope you're doing better.

Chele: OMG for your husband's story! I hope he's better today. What a week you had. Your husband and daugther both bandaged must be quite a sight!. I hope everything is calmer next week!

Today's workout was Live 140 Low impact cardio Hiits followed by back, triceps, shoulders and biceps eltdowns from ICE. For abs, I did the ones from Power hour!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 05:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Is the pineapple a euphemism for a body part..or what?

I mean I have heard of peach for the booty...
I'm thinking maybe she just likes pineapples and it's a sort of play with her name, since Nathalie pointed out the double n's. Right?

cataddict...... maybe you should buy triple ingredients and send all of us some of those molasses cookies. I haven't had those in ages but used to love them! I think maybe because they were such a rare treat. Not sure my kids have ever had them -- I should make some for them.

Chele, yes, thank you.... that makes sense on the bounce. I think you probably should just watch your husband's nose for infection -- that's what they worried about on my finger when that happened. As cataddict says, once you guys get some space between all of these traumatic events you will probably have a bit of a laugh about them.
Old 03-07-21, 05:48 PM  
manleym

Oh Chele! How horribly frightening for you and your husband! You have had QUITE the birthday week! Thanks for keeping us updated on his progress and hoping for quick healing with no lasting side issues/effects. But agree that if your daughter could talk him into seeing a Dr. it might be a good thing. Not sure what they can do for broken noses, kinda like toes, but sure don't want anything to set wrong. And the cleanup from all of the blood...I am so sorry.

Thanks for the posts about Caroline's workouts. I just looked at the Hiit and there are too many burpees and they're fast! I don't like chest to floor burpees, especially as fast as she was doing them. I might give the low impact one a try, but will see. So I guess EMOM workouts are basically workout at your own pace, as quickly as you can? And are they all repetitive?

Nathalie sorry you're having crappy weather. I hope it doesn't last long. Thanks for the clarification about what Annanas means. I just thought it was her name.

Cataddict I know you and your husband got some projects done, which is always a good feeling, but were ya'll able to do anything fun since he was on vacay? Glad you're still able to work out and that your setback was only a day. I'm a PB lover too! Always have been! For years I ate a PB&J sandwich every day for lunch. LOVE PB!! And I agree with Bee. Your molasses cookies sound DIVINE! My mom used to make them, especially around Christmas and I've always loved them. I know your sister will appreciate them.

For Slow Sunday I did Christian Allaire 50 Minute Power Yoga Sequence: Balance & Flow. I LOVED it! It had a great flow, pace, and good music. It must have been what my body needed today because I felt great afterward.

Glad so many of us are having nice weather. It's so nice being outside in the sun.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 06:29 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!! And another peanut butter fan here too, mmmmmm!! And another one confused by the pineapple thing as I thought it was a play on her name too. Who knew?

ChelePA, for the love of monkeys what a time you've had lately! Definitely in the 'can't make this crap up' camp, OMG! I know everything head/face related can bleed SO DANG MUCH and is scary. Like FOLV, I gasped out loud at your story. UG! I still kinda agree with the others, I wish your husband would agree to be seen....maybe an urgent care at least?? Hoping it doesn't scar too.

But gosh, yeah, with all the crazy things happening lately with your family and now father and daughter both bandaged, sheesh! I do hope you can get some space from this down the road and have a laugh but right now, how you're still standing is literally beyond me!! You are so fierce, seriously!

But my workout today was your fault too, ChelePA. I've had a list of dread-inducing workouts I wanted to start working through on a more regular basis, like Imax 3, Intensity, Tabatacise, Cross Fire, To the Max, etc...and somehow (must have blocked it out, hah) I had forgotten about the X10/X77 workouts. You inspired me to do X77 today for what is only my second time and yep, while it's fun and has great music, it nearly killed me!! And that's with taking a few extra breaks and using lighter weights at the end! Sweat. Fest! Thanks for the inspiration (I think?) hah. After that, I got out for a lovely walk around the neighborhood because it's another temperate gorgeous day and gotta get it while I can!

Kim, I was sore from Ingrid for three full days! I'm thinking of trying the weighted glutes workout this week....not sure when, maybe Weds?

KateTT, I agree on the 4 x 4 lack of stretching for each workout kind of being a turnoff. Same thing with Ingrid's workouts...would it have killed them to include a little something-something?? Oh, and Friday, I finally got around to I am Athlete 2, so that's off my to-do list. I agree with Manleym though, not my favorite.

Ooooh, Manleym, thanks for the Christian practice review. I just love him!!

Bee, thanks for the Hamelin links...reminds me of Leah's stuff. That deep work is tough!! I used to have some dread with Leah's stuff just because it got in there SO DEEP and hurt so bad! Oh, hey, did you get that email from Travis about the class he's doing this week? I need to look at that again...dunno if he'll upload that one to YouTube or not but I swear I get closer to signing up for ID every day.

FN2, I wondered how that knee was...glad you're hanging in there and being careful. And I will be RIGHT OVER for some cookies, thanks!!

Nathalie, you did all of the upper body meltdowns from ICE back to back? Yikes!!! Let us know if you can use your arms tomorrow. Sorry about the bipolar weather...spring is coming ladies, hang in there!!

Waves to Horusosiris and Garrie...did I miss anybody? Hope not!! Stay fierce, Watulans!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 08:00 PM  
ChelePA

Bee...how about that 3 point competition! Love Steph! He made it exciting!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 12:28 PM  
horusosiris

Hello Everyone and Happy Monday!

Oh yes! Tomorrow it will be 60 degrees. Now I am waiting for 70 and 80 degrees.

I finally have a chance to come up for air and I am trying to catch up with all of the posts on the thread. If I miss a day or a few days, I miss so much!

What is on tap for Fun Friday?

Garrie –when is the last time you have done any classic Firm workouts?

Chel- I hope your daughter and husband are doing better.

Bee- Team Lebron!!!! That was a good game. What is your favorite Hamelin workout or series? I think mine is DMW course 4 What HDM workout should we do together and when?

Cataddict- I am waiting for my molasses cookies. When should I expect them? If you have a recipe that you like for them would you share it with me? My family and extended family love to cook and we often have cook offs. The last one we had; the younger children actually won.

Chel and Bee-
I love my rebounder. What brands/models do you have?

Have a great Monday.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 12:31 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Bee...how about that 3 point competition! Love Steph! He made it exciting!
Ah, I did have some company! It was such a fun night! And that ending shot that "Dillard" took -- that is my nickname for him. I have funny names for a bunch of them, but not for all that many who were there last night. They must have had a blast! Certainly looked like they were having fun. That one kid on the dunk competition broke my heart. He was favored to win I guess and just seemed to choke. And also a bummer there were so many injuries on Team Durant.

How are all the healing beings at your house today, Chele? Hope it's better and better!

Another peanut butter lover here. My favorite is peanut butter on apple slices. If it's with chocolate I'll take caramel over peanut butter any day, but you know.... I wouldn't turn down a peanut butter cup.

Kudos to any of you doing the entire X77! I know I'd love to try that challenge, but I think it would wipe me out for a couple of days and I don't want that.

manleym, thanks for the yoga pointer! Funny, kittybug, I was just thinking this morning that I need to eat my words about Inner Dimension since that's what I've done the last three times. This morning for Metabolic Monday I did GrowingAnnanas Hiit it Harder Super Sweaty Cardio with Weights, I think it was called. Good half hour!! Followed by ID Travis Blaze #2. Those Blaze practices are good for "metabolic" because they are definitely strength and cardio combined. There are only three of those though. But I have really enjoyed what I've done lately. If he has another sale you should jump on it.

I'm still debating about the new Jessica set. It sounds pretty good but I just have no need for it at this point, so I will probably wait. I'm obviously really loving the youtube workouts lately.

My husband's birthday is tomorrow so I'm going to be making a chocolate mousse torte for him. I've never made it before and I'd love to be able to make it later on today but I think I should probably do it fresh tomorrow.

Hope everyone is going well and having better weather! We're pretty close to spring......
Old 03-08-21, 12:47 PM  
horusosiris

Bee and Chel I am also a peanut butter lover.

Bee- I love peanut butter on apples too. I am going to have that for my afternoon snack today! I sent you a PM.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 01:21 PM  
ChelePA

You ladies who make such delicious desserts have me drooling. They all sound so yummy!!!

My husband asked me one time if I was stranded on a desert island what’s the one food I would eat daily. It’s a no-brainer for me. I could live on peanut butter and never get sick of it.

Kittybug...congratulations on conquering X77!!! I only attempt it once per year. It’s such an awesome challenge!

Horusosiris...I just got a Leaps and Rebounds 48 inch trampoline and love it! The bungees make a huge difference versus my former spring loaded one.

On that note, my husband’s injury looked so much better this morning. I’m applying antibiotic ointment prior to bandaging to prevent infection. It’s still quite painful.

Bee...I was Team Durant. Sixers fan here. So sad Embiid couldn’t play. Hope your husband has a wonderful birthday. Sounds like an awesome dessert!

My daughter is in the countdown until the stents and sutures are removed. Back to NYC on Wednesday. She’s handling things much better than I expected. I heard it was going to be a nightmare the first week. She worked a few days ahead in school prior to surgery but has continued to log in daily to do minor assignments.

This week is going to be in the 50s and 60s. I’m so excited! Able to take Winston for walks without freezing.

Today was Anna’s Hiit It Harder Day 8 Total Body. No repeats or equipment needed. Loved the music! She did her usual 50 seconds on with 10 seconds of rest. I was so excited thinking there was going to be no burpees but that was wishful thinking. Towards the end she did one legged burpees on each side then finished with squat jacks into a tuck jump. Time flew until those burpees. Haha. I added on a 15 minute yoga routine that stretched my hips and lower back. Definitely needed with the workouts I’ve been doing recently.

Happy Monday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 04:28 PM  
manleym

Hi Peanut Butter lovin' fierce Watulan friends! Gotta love some Nutter Butters!

Maybe I'll have ants on a log tomorrow. Haven't had it in awhile and all this PB talk is making me crave it! I also like apples and peanut butter. Growing up my afternoon snack was peanut butter and saltine crackers. Every day.

ChelePA sorry to hear your husband's nose still hurts. I'm sure it will for awhile. Anytime you hit the nose it takes forever to heal. But glad it's looking better. And great update on your daughter! Come on Wednesday!

Bee I've been reading the threads about Jessica's new series too. I think I'm going to wait. They do sound good, but like you, I don't need them and am really enjoying the YouTube workouts. There is just so many great workouts on Youtube that I want to do. And if I don't have a dvd or download, I might forget about them. I often forget about the downloads I do have. I still need to check out the Hamelin workouts. Just remembered that...

Kittybug have you done any more EBE2 workouts? Congrats on completing ALL of X77! That is quite a feat, but if anyone can do it, you can! Have you done I Am Warrior 1 yet?

Bee and Kittybug I got an email about Travis's Live yoga class but won't be able to participate live. Let me know if ya'll find it on YT.

For Metabolic Monday I did 4x4 I Am Warrior 1 and really liked it! I have in my notes that I liked this one and still do. It seems to have more compound and functional moves than the other workouts. So far this is a fav (tied with I Am Athlete 1). I followed it with Jessica Smith Foam Roller Exercises 15 Minute Full Length Full Body Routine Home Workout Video. It was a GREAT foam roller workout. I am still sore from Caroline's workout from Saturday, especially my quads, so this helped release some of that tension. Jessica's workout is similar to Paul's in that it hits the neck, latissimus dorsi, back, quads, calves. Don't think she hit the hamstrings though. Anyway, great quick foam roller stretch.

Tomorrow I'm going to play with some of Anna's Hiit it Harder workouts.

Waves and hugs all around!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in