Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-17-19, 06:23 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Re: KCM's Cardio Pump

Here I am, starting a thread woo-hoo!

So thanks to Alison's recent raves about Cardio Pump, I looked for my copy, couldn't find it, promptly bought another one and tried it - and I loved it!!

But here's my question - there's no abs section on the DVD and I wanted to know what - if any - abs workout(s) do you guys like to add on to this strength workout? Something from Kelly or someone else?
(Now in full disclosure I truly hate working my abs but I need to... badly. So something short and not dread-inducing would be preferred. )

Thank you!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 06:46 PM  
bubbles76

Short as in 5 minutes or less or 10 minutes or less?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 06:54 PM  
alisoncooks

Yay! Spreading the Cardio Pump love! I did it just this morning and increased my weights. I'm feeling it! I'm so glad PrairieGem's thread brought it to my attention!

For abs: do you have Caroline Sandry's 30 Days to Flat Abs? (I like it because the 5 min. warmup makes a pretty good stretch and the ab segments are 10 minutes long.)

I also like the active stretch and abs from Suzanne Bowen's WW DVD. (I always add extra stretch because KCM doesn't do enough for me.) These are 10 min segments.

How about Gilad Express ab sections?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dLF6JJAcjGE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGuz_G4zQ8

And I'm with you on hating abs but recently realizing the need for it. I was actually contemplating a core-focused rotation next...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 07:09 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Short as in 5 minutes or less or 10 minutes or less?
Either/or would be fine. Certainly not 15 or 20!
But yeah, if 5ish minute ab routines are effective that would be great. Maybe those old Firm 5 Day Abs? But then, they're all crunches and those aren't great for backs, are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Yay! Spreading the Cardio Pump love! I did it just this morning and increased my weights. I'm feeling it!

For abs: do you have Caroline Sandry's 30 Days to Flat Abs? (I like it because the 5 min. warmup makes a pretty good stretch and the ab segments are 10 minutes long.)

I also like the active stretch and abs from Suzanne Bowen's WW DVD. (I always add extra stretch because KCM doesn't do enough for me.) These are 10 min segments.

How about Gilad Express ab sections?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dLF6JJAcjGE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGuz_G4zQ8

And I'm with you on hating abs but recently realizing the need for it. I was actually contemplating a core-focused rotation next...
Alison, I have all those and probably most intermediate ab workouts known to man or woman. Just wondering what you and others are choosing. Monkey see, monkey do.

And yay for increasing your weights! I am so much weaker than I used to be and am currently using 10s, 7.5s and 5s. I can probably increase to 8s and 6s but man, those 10s still feel heavy to me, especially on my spine.
Old 09-17-19, 07:14 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post

And yay for increasing your weights! I am so much weaker than I used to be and am currently using 10s, 7.5s and 5s. I can probably increase to 8s and 6s but man, those 10s still feel heavy to me, especially on my spine.
Thanks! I was using 5/8/10, but today I used 8/10/12. I don't know that I've ever lifted this heavy, lol! (When I discovered videos, I used mostly Barre for years...I never got above 3# for that!!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 07:23 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Congrats!! Feels good lifting heavy (for us), doesn't it?!
Old 09-17-19, 07:33 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I LOVE Cardio Pump! The pre-mixes are great.

For an abs add on Kelly has a 15 minute or so routine on her Cardio Quick Fix DVD. It's a bonus section called "Abs/Hips/Glutes". It's mostly ab focused and all standing except for one small part on hands and knees. I did it yesterday and feel my waist today big time.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 08:14 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks Annette. 15 minutes seems long for me but I will def check it out as I have that DVD.
Old 09-17-19, 11:36 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

My two favorite add-ons from YouTube for ~7 mins of abs work:
Jessica Smith (I skip the intro bit) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKzc97zvnLo
Gilad (I skip the first two mins of standing stuff with a dumbbell) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLF6JJAcjGE
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-19, 04:19 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks Tiffany!

Tags
short ab workouts, short abs add-on