Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-17, 05:32 AM  
horusosiris

Hamelin and The Hamelin D'abell Method

This is an interesting article about Hamelin D'Abell and the Hamelin D'Abell method (HDM). I enjoy doing Hamelin's workouts because he makes me feel at peace.

http://thedailydoll.com/hamelin-dabe...ransformation/
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-17, 08:30 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Nice article. I've tried to like his workouts. Does he have any regular style workouts - you know, where he cues, better production value, etc?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-17, 09:59 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hamelin's Blitzmatics workouts are some of my favorites! His more recent workouts tend to be better cued then his earlier DMW or HDM workouts. He's had difficulty with some of his "live" filming in gym basements where transmission has been a problem for a few moments, but he's usually wearing a mic, so can be heard. His Cardio Series is also very good.

ETA:He doesn't really "produce" workouts that are available on DVD because his "operation" tends to be him setting up a camera to record beforehand and pushing the record button. ;-)

His cueing also tends to be minimal which translates to a more peaceful and serene workout! ;-)

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-17, 10:29 AM  
horusosiris

I agree that Hamelin's Blitzmatic series are among his best productions. The cueing is good, the production value is much better and the workouts are excellent. His Blitzmatic Bootcamp workouts were recently released and I am doing them now. He has a set of workout called "Concept" workouts in this series that are excellent. If you enjoy fun, mostly low impact cardio then the cardio workouts in this Bootcamp series would be an excellent choice.
Old 04-15-17, 11:47 AM  
Tugger31

I'm with you Joni. I have tried to like his workouts too, but don't like the lack of cuing and the dark feel to some of the sets. I have done the vimeo workouts that were linked in the article and found them so slow I couldn't wait for them to be over. Maybe there's something more upbeat, but have been hesitant to invest any money. It was a nice article though.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-17, 04:43 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
This is an interesting article about Hamelin D'Abell and the Hamelin D'Abell method (HDM). I enjoy doing Hamelin's workouts because he makes me feel at peace.

http://thedailydoll.com/hamelin-dabe...ransformation/
Thank you for posting this! I really liked it. I've always experienced that same sense of happiness with his workouts that is so hard to explain. I'm a sucker for anything HDM

Hamelin has a TON of free workouts posted on youtube (enough to put together a good couple of months of rotations actually), so it's easy for anyone to see if his content is going to be a good fit for them or not
Old 04-15-17, 05:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Thank you for posting this! I really liked it. I've always experienced that same sense of happiness with his workouts that is so hard to explain. I'm a sucker for anything HDM
CardioTone G gives me this same sense of happiness. I love everything about this particular workout, and I actually prefer his workouts without any verbal instructions. I have no problems following him.
Old 04-15-17, 07:56 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
CardioTone G gives me this same sense of happiness. I love everything about this particular workout, and I actually prefer his workouts without any verbal instructions. I have no problems following him.
Cardio Tone G is one of my absolute favorite Hamelin workouts.
Old 04-15-17, 08:19 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I will have to try CardioTone G! Is that one of the ones on YouTube?

I wouldn't say that Hamelin gives me a sense of peace--he's often killing me, LOL--but I do like his workouts. I especially like that his cardio is simple and easy-to-follow; I have no trouble with his lack of verbal cues, as most moves are repeated, and everything is usually done to an 8-count (or 10-count or 40-count when he is really killing you!), so it's easy enough to count in my head and to know when the move change is coming up.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-17, 06:28 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

CardioTone G has a 6 minute preview on youtube. Full workout can be purchased as a download, and the picture and sound quality is very good. Great music throughout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVlC7Wd8EKA