Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-12, 12:25 PM  
Orlita

Any interest in a FB workout clothing exchange group?

My recent Lululemon obsession led me to a FB exchange/sale group for Lulu items, and that got me thinking, it could be useful for us VFers to have a group devoted to workout clothing -- trading or selling. Like yayas, but without the yaya hassles.

As I see it, it could be a private group, like Beautiful Losers, so posts can't be seen by the public. To join, you'd have to send your VF i.d., and I could confirm that with a VF PM. When we post, we can state our VF i.d., so people can know something about the person they're considering swapping with/buying from.

I know people occasionally include clothing in VF swap lists. But it's infrequent & with FB we could have photo albums devoted to size and/or brand.

Any interest? I know I've got a whole bunch of workout stuff that I'm no longer using. I've given some to thrift already, but there's still a bunch left that I've debated putting on eBay.

Any interest? I hope this is OK to post in VF. Apologies if it's not.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 03:51 PM  
fatkat555

<sigh> My stuff is so ugly that nobody would want them. I wear the ugliest things to exercise at home because nobody sees me. I think this is a great idea, however.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 03:57 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I don't have a ton of stuff, but am a "maybe". I'm going to watch this thread with interest. I love everything Lucy and have a pair of core pants that fit but the fit is just tighter than I like.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 04:41 PM  
Hazel Porter

Orlita, do you mind sharing the name of the FB group for Lulu swaps? It's an expensive addiction!
Old 01-01-12, 06:07 PM  
Orlita

Hi Hazel,
The Lululemon group is Lululemon Exchange. I think they've had some scammers in the group, so they've been slow to add new members. But they added a few the other day, so give it a shot. I was told to be wary and always pay with the "goods" (not "gift") box in Paypal, for your protection. I noticed that several sellers insisted on "gift," so that can be a red flag (though it could just be a fee-avoidance measure).

I started the VF group. It's VF clothing exchange. Only 2 of us so far, but come on in!
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 06:22 PM  
daisysunshine

I don't really have anything "work-outy" but do have some stuff
it would be nice to see if i can swap for a lulu sweater or something (like someone's too big for it now) later on. i joined, Orlita

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 06:31 PM  
muffins135

I've been a member of the Lululemon Exchange for a long time. Haven't bought or sold anything in awhile though. I love my lulu

I would love a DVD exchange on FB where we could sell...not trade out dvd's. I don't go to YaYa's anymore.
Michele
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:08 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
I've been a member of the Lululemon Exchange for a long time. Haven't bought or sold anything in awhile though. I love my lulu

I would love a DVD exchange on FB where we could sell...not trade out dvd's. I don't go to YaYa's anymore.
Michele
I'm surprised this idea (FB group where we could sell dvds) didn't get a response. I would be interested, too, and in fact, may join the clothing one to see if it morphs into that! Is that wrong of me?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:26 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
Hi Hazel,
The Lululemon group is Lululemon Exchange. I think they've had some scammers in the group, so they've been slow to add new members. But they added a few the other day, so give it a shot. I was told to be wary and always pay with the "goods" (not "gift") box in Paypal, for your protection. I noticed that several sellers insisted on "gift," so that can be a red flag (though it could just be a fee-avoidance measure).

I started the VF group. It's VF clothing exchange. Only 2 of us so far, but come on in!
be careful with this site, especially with dealing with trades from/to Canada, I got scammed out of $300 worth of merchandise
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 02:40 PM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post

Michele
I'd join a DVD exchange group like that. I'd rather do that than post on FYY.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothing swap, facebook