Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-11, 02:18 PM  
Negin

Someone should send them a message on FB with the link to this thread. Maybe, just maybe, it might open their eyes.
Then again, maybe not. But it's worth a try.
Old 12-30-11, 02:26 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin in Grenada View Post
Someone should send them a message on FB with the link to this thread. Maybe, just maybe, it might open their eyes.
I agree. I mean, really, how hard is it to say, NO, we won't post clips. Or YES, we will at some point, hang in there! Instead, they just delete the post? I'm sorry, but that makes me NOT want to order anything from them. It was a simple yes or no question! It wasn't like Sue was saying, "HEY, Pure Barre, YOU SUCK!" Though, now, I think she would be warranted in doing so.

Edited to say: But I doubt sending a FB message would get to the right person. It would just get deleted too. Maybe Carrie R has an email???
Old 12-30-11, 02:41 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
The mind boggles sometimes observing how companies manage their customer service and public image. Someday people are going to realize that bad publicity is not actually better than no publicity at all.

If a company wants to maintain a slightly arm's length relationship with their customer base - and I can appreciate why a company with limited staff-time might want to do that - they have absolutely no business establishing a social media presence. How counter productive to put a business out there like that only to refuse to raise to the occasion. While I was merely curious about Pure Barre before, as a result of this nonsense I now have a distinctly negative view of the company.

Dumb dumb dumb.
You are so right. Why even have FB if you aren't going to use it to it's fullest potential?

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 02:48 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I'd be happy to send a Facebook message, email, etc. to bring this to the appropriate person's attention. They should disable comments / wall posts if they want their page to be informational only.

Which Pure Barre Facebook page is it? The "Company" page with the PB logo on it? The wall for that one gives a shout out to new franchise owners and the most recent post is announcing a new PB Lakewood Ranch, FL location. Am I am on the correct page?

ETA: I sent a message to Carrie via her private/individual FB account.
Old 12-30-11, 02:50 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin in Grenada View Post
I just did that (posted it to their wall). I don't care if they blacklist me or whatever. Sometimes I think corporations just have no idea how their actions look to customers -- they might be trying to keep a "clean look" to their wall, or they might not have the staffing to answer questions so they're trying to enforce "wall is for advertising only", or something like that -- I'm trying to be nice here by theorizing they might just be incompetent with the social-networking thing, and not actually realize that what they're doing is rude and smacks of censorship. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 02:56 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I just did that (posted it to their wall). I don't care if they blacklist me or whatever. Sometimes I think corporations just have no idea how their actions look to customers -- they might be trying to keep a "clean look" to their wall, or they might not have the staffing to answer questions so they're trying to enforce "wall is for advertising only", or something like that -- I'm trying to be nice here by theorizing they might just be incompetent with the social-networking thing, and not actually realize that what they're doing is rude and smacks of censorship. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
I wandered over to their FB page and saw your post on the wall. Let's see what they say (or how long they leave it there).
I agree that some companies don't realize how their actions come across to the public.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 02:58 PM  
topfitmama

I can't see the post any more... have they deleted it already?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 03:00 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Wow...I heard back from Carrie very quickly. Here is her response:

"Jennifer- thanks for the heads up....I had no idea and will discuss with our marketing person to see what is going on! Thanks again & happy 2012.

Carrie"

I would give it a few business days to see any changes so that Carrie can address the situation with whoever is moderating the Pure Bare page.
Old 12-30-11, 03:20 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Wow...I heard back from Carrie very quickly. Here is her response:

"Jennifer- thanks for the heads up....I had no idea and will discuss with our marketing person to see what is going on! Thanks again & happy 2012.

Carrie"

I would give it a few business days to see any changes so that Carrie can address the situation with whoever is moderating the Pure Bare page.
Uh oh!!!! Somebody's gonna get in truuuuuuuuuble! LOL
Old 12-30-11, 04:25 PM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
Utterly brilliant!
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, pure barre