Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-04, 07:17 PM  
bluecaffeine

Trading Etiquette question

It's okay for me to trade a video that I received in trade, right? I don't want it to look like I didn't appreciate a trade, but if I get a video in trade and don't like it, is it okay for me to turn around and trade it?
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 07:19 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Yes, it's ok for you to trade a video that you received in a trade. The person that traded it to you will probably understand because it wasn't for them either.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 07:33 PM  
bluecaffeine

Okay, thanks. I just didn't want it to look like I didn't appreciate the trade.
Thanks!
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 07:47 PM  
Rhae
Exchange Moderator

I understand why you are asking. I never had any problems when people traded the videos I gave in trade, but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by trading (and not liking) a video I got from them. I used to hold onto videos for a long time, even if I didn't like them, but now I figure people will understand if there is some reason you just don't like the video.

Karen
Rhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-04, 08:33 PM  
klwgriffin

One of the best things about trading is that it's a great way to try something new/different, and of course there's no guarantee you'll love it As we see every day here, every instructor and/or workout style isn't for everybody, and that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the workout at all. There's nothing to take offense to.

ETA: Now THIS doesn't make sense - I traded a DVD today that I realized while checking for defects that it's a really good workout! So I'm putting it back on my wish list. How twisted is that? In the meantime, I have to admit I haven't done it in over a year, so I'm happier to be getting the trade I was looking for now (Step Heaven - woo hoo!) and re-acquiring this one later, or for something else on my trade list. Anyway, my point is that we're trying stuff out, trading things back and forth, and having fun (usually) in the process.

I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
klwgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-04, 06:37 AM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwgriffin
ETA: Now THIS doesn't make sense - I traded a DVD today that I realized while checking for defects that it's a really good workout! So I'm putting it back on my wish list. How twisted is that? In the meantime, I have to admit I haven't done it in over a year...
Call me twisted, too!!

The EXACT thing happened to me. I had made the deal, then went to double check the disk, and thought, "Oh, man...I wish I hadn't traded this." Needless to say I ended up listing it on my wish list a few days later.

Regarding the original question...it doesn't bother me AT ALL when people turn around and trade things they've gotten from me...hey - I didn't like it either - LOL!

That said, I'm always thrilled when someone really LOVES something they've gotten from me in a trade.
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-04, 07:46 AM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

Another reason to trade a trade. Someone may want something you have but not have something you necessarily want or already have. But it could be something you know might be able to trade for something you want later.
Marie
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-04, 08:25 AM  
Donna Mc
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwgriffin
ETA: Now THIS doesn't make sense - I traded a DVD today that I realized while checking for defects that it's a really good workout! So I'm putting it back on my wish list. How twisted is that?
LOL, Glad I'm not the only one who has done this!!!

YES to the original question!! That is what trading is all about in my book. If I trade with someone and they put it back up on their trade list, it doesn't bother me a bit. That's what trading is for, trying out new things. There's no rule that says you must trade for things you're sure you'll like, that would be impossible. It's just so nice to be able to try different things for the cost of postage and a vhs/dvd that is collecting dust anyway. That's really how I've discovered what I like and what I don't like. If I had to go and buy all the stuff I've traded for I'd be broke and stuck with a lot of videos that I didn't like. Happy Trading
Old 08-17-04, 09:36 AM  
Emmanuelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mc
LOL, Glad I'm not the only one who has done this!!!

YES to the original question!! That is what trading is all about in my book. If I trade with someone and they put it back up on their trade list, it doesn't bother me a bit. That's what trading is for, trying out new things.
Sometimes it makes me smile when I see on a trader's exchange list the workout I sent her one or two weeks earlier, LOL The first time I did it, I was a little embarrassed because I didn't want to hurt the fellow who sent me the workout but, as Donna says, there's no guarantee you'll like the video you receive and trading is a great , pleasant and not too expensive way to try several videos. The worst thing I did was to trade a S & H tape. I had trader's remorse 2 weeks after and put the S& H tape on my trade-list, the vfer I traded contacted me, saying she was a little embarrassed by my remorse and because she had health issues who didn't allow her to really lift heavy so, we ended trading several tapes again and the S& H came back LOL What a work we did !

Good luck, perhaps we'll trade together one day

Emmanuelle
Emmanuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-04, 01:00 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1120
Another reason to trade a trade. Someone may want something you have but not have something you necessarily want or already have. But it could be something you know might be able to trade for something you want later.
Marie
Do you mean three-way trades? I've done this before, often with Firm Classics (which I hate, but they're very tradeable - almost like VF dollars ).

Some folks even ask a trader to mail the video to a third party, but I'm too antsy to do that - I want to make sure it's in good condition before I send it on.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote