Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-04, 07:06 AM  
Vispateresa

Does anyone LIKE Denise Austin?

From what I read so far, it seems that she's one of the least favourite instructors, so I wondered if anyone likes her. Actually, I noticed that she's no. 5 in the Amazon chart...

Is she better at aerobics or toning? Thanks!
Vispateresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 07:32 AM  
Rhonda

I don't mind her. I don't have any of her tapes anymore but I was exercising with her from her TV show on Lifetime TV for a while. I think she looks great and if she actually does exercise for only 30 minutes a day, wow.

For me, I think she is geared more for beginners. I do like her Stretch and Flex tape. I have that one and use it occasionally.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 07:36 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

I'm sure a lot of people do. Different strokes...

Denise is warm and approachable, and i'm sure she fills a valuable niche in the market of videos!
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 07:43 AM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

I don't mind her. I'm not a morning exerciser at all, but I often turn on her Lifetime show at 6am and stretch w/her or move w/her a bit.

I've got a couple of her workouts that I've not done in ages, but I'm keeping them. She's like a girlfriend or something.
Old 06-08-04, 07:49 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I don't particularly like her per se, I can tolerate her. But I really like her workouts.
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 08:09 AM  
doskymom

I don't care for her aerobics and toning workouts because of her poor cueing and uneven reps, but I do like her yoga/pilates workouts very much. I enjoy "Yoga Buns", "Fat Burning Yoga", "Power Yoga", "Power Zone - Mind, Body & Soul" and "Shrink Your Female Fat Zones"...
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 08:14 AM  
Runathon

I started out with Denise so I am partial to her. I like her and have been buying more of her workouts for those times when I am not so gunho for Cathe (which has been happening a lot since last November).

Her new workout is pretty decent (Power Zone Metabolism boosting workout). I liked it. I also have her Ultimate Fat Burner and found it to be a really good interval tape: athletic and straight to the point (nothing a la IMAX1 or 2, but a nice, non-killing interval workout with a little bit of weights to keep the heart rate up).

Bottom line: I like her.
Runathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 08:14 AM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

I find her to be one of the most annoying women on the planet, but my co-worker (who normally has 'good' taste in people) absolutely ADORES Denise...go figure :rolleyes:
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-04, 08:33 AM  
Donna Mc
VF Supporter

I like her too!

When I first tried one of her videos I really didn't like her at all but she grew on me somehow. I enjoy her tapes when i need to get a decent workout in but don't want to kill myself, which is pretty much all the time now. I haven't done one of her workouts in months though, I'll have to throw one in this week
Old 06-08-04, 08:34 AM  
Suzette
VF Supporter

I love her stretch tape and I used to do Hips Thighs & Buttocks all the time when I first started working out.

I think she genuinely wants you to succeed, and that comes thru in her videos.
Suzette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise austin, sizzler, tv fitness programs