Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-08-21, 11:39 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yes, the imagined (? ) Cathe order exchange is hilarious, Baby! I knew you were going to mention Getting Better -- I remember you talking about it in a thread about recovering and I filed it away. I have it still shrink wrapped! I have a fair number of her workouts but do not tend to reach for them for some reason.

Oh cataddict, I meant to mention that my stylist is so nice about me not coloring anymore -- even though I know she is really hurting for money after all the covid stuff. She said to me "doesn't it feel great to be free of it?" Super nice about it. I do tip her well. The jury is still out on whether or not it'll work for me -- I'm also pale with freckles. My hair still looks fairly dark from straight on, but taller people must be able to see plenty of gray and since I'm only 5'3", that's a good deal of the population that I see.

The 20 instructors in 30 days seems reasonable. I guess I'm still on that quest because this morning I found Tonique Premiere and did that. I guess I knew what I was getting into, but my memory was a bit cloudy because it really seemed more like a steady state cardio workout than a strength workout. Somewhat disappointing and by the end I was so bored and sick of the talk. I actually did some kettlebell swings during one of the sets of lunges because I was so sick of them. I guess I don't need to revisit this one any time soon!!!

DH and I watched the first Ted Lasso last night -- loved it and I wanted to watch another but he did not, so I tried the first Mr. Cromwell. Kind of odd. I'm not sure about that one, but I may give it another episode or two.

My garden is just not doing anything this year. Some sun gold tomatoes, but that's about it. So disheartening every time I walk down there.
Old 08-08-21, 11:50 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

bee - I need to clarify my above post. I did order the DVDs and bands.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 02:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Roll the applause!
Old 08-08-21, 03:36 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

bee, is the title of that Apple TV show Mr Cromwell (as in Oliver) or Mr Corman (as in Roger)? I confused myself about the name! Whichever it is, I will have to give it a try. I usually need a couple of episodes to decide. I tend to like odd shows so I'm hopeful.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 05:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
bee, is the title of that Apple TV show Mr Cromwell (as in Oliver) or Mr Corman (as in Roger)? I confused myself about the name! Whichever it is, I will have to give it a try. I usually need a couple of episodes to decide. I tend to like odd shows so I'm hopeful.
Oh, it's Mr. Corman! Let me know what you think.....
Old 08-08-21, 06:16 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday, Watulans!

Friday I did Travis' 90-minute Eye of the Storm practice from YouTube. Yesterday was Clean Max and Nap Max (hah hah) and today I tore the shrink wrap off Tonique Femme Fatale and did Part 1 and Part 3 back-to-back for a 70-ish minute workout. Oh...my...lower body!! I did much better than with ATM but still had to take several breaks and stare at her like she has eight heads! Horusosiris, how you EVER did this whole DVD is just...well, I bow to you, my friend! Perhaps time to pull out my Linda Wooldridge workouts that are like Tonique 'lite' too.

Kim, I agree with FOLV...don't sweat the weight!! Jealous of your farmers market haul!

BabyW, such sweet kitties!! I have a pic somewhere of our two youngest (who are siblings) who fell asleep together literally while fighting when they were kittens. Hilarious!! I'm glad you fell off the fence on the ordering side for Cathe.

FOLV, you know you want to try Tonique again. I know, those prices Mary sometimes has (which she's going to have again in a couple more weeks, I suspect)!! I'm considering acquiring her Hawaii series. So excited for your Hike Max!!

Yes, FN2, I actually am considering doing Imax 2 either stepless or with just the platform tomorrow to see where my back and hip are at with step. Stepless step is just brilliant and such a wonderful modification!

Bee, that is such a sweet doggie story with the egg! I too have not colored my hair since Dec 2019 and am quite happy to have quit. Makes for much quicker (and cheaper) hair appointments anyway. I don't yet have enough gray to have that be an issue but like you all, I'm pale too, so the day may come when this all changes again!

Nathalie, ChelePA, how are you two coming along? Thinking of you both and sending healing thoughts!

Kate, how is your son (and how are you?)?

Manleym, did you start back to teaching? I'm thinking things might be busy for you right now. Hang in there!

Waves and hugs to all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 03:54 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I thought that was how the story would end
I agree bee I'll hold the applause card up ...you start the wave in the crowd

kittybug all I have to say is wow! You are powering through...and liking!!?? Crazy girl

Today Sandry Yoga pilates band strengthening and 21DF lower fix and pilates fix. I like the selection of exercises on 21DF and the pace. I sometimes use my kettlebells instead of dumbbells because I love squatting with weights in the rack position.

Happy Monday to all Watulans!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 06:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
kittybug all I have to say is wow! You are powering through...and liking!!?? Crazy girl
Hah...powering through, um, more like crying in soreness today!!!! I cannot believe how dang sore my legs are. I did Imax 2 on just the platform which was just fine but my legs do not feel just fine. Ouch!!! Tonique is no joke!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 06:39 PM  
horusosiris

Funny that many of you are talking about Tonique. Kitty’s post about her Tonique achievements made me put Tonique on tap for today I did Tonique Paris.

Kate- how are things going for you?

Chel- I think of you often and hope your recovery is going as planned.

I am trying to figure out how I will work Cathe’s new workouts into my fitness schedule later this month. I decided that I am going to revisit many of my HDM workouts for a few weeks. This is part of my effort to revisit workouts and instructors that I have not done in a while. My 20 instructors in 20 days is on track but like others, I will complete it
in 30 days rather than 20 because I wanted to do some Cathe blender workouts. I have been doing Aquafit’s blender workouts. She makes excellent Cathe combo workouts.

Kitty- I have many or most of Linda’s Barlates workouts. There was a time way back when I did Barlates at least three times weekly. She has so many on YouTube that I have yet to try. Sylvia and Linda are similar but yes, Linda is easier. Many times, I prefer Sylvia because she does so much less talking than Linda. Sylvia also has many workouts in which you have the option of doing it with just music or with music and her voice. If you do it with just the music, you do have to watch attentively because she will switch sides and exercises without notice. Even when she does talk, she sometimes does not announce when she is changing things up. Sylvia is also not the best at keeping the rep counts even too.

Bee – Tonique premier is one of her earlier workouts when she was not too brutal. Has the heat ruined your garden? I know so many are having similar problems because of the combined problems of heat and lack of rain.

Linda- great job on 21DF. I did it when it was initially released but have not revisited it. I even used the portion control containers but I found that I naturally did not eat more than the allotted portions (most of the time).

Lavna - what modifications, if any, has your school district made in light of the continued presence of Covid?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 07:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

I'm supposed to be making dinner but hubby got on the phone and I need him to prep the fish. Grrr. So here I am with my VF friends!!

kittybug, ouch, I remember that feeling. I don't do that to myself much any more! horusosiris is right, Premiere is really a basic level of Tonique. I noticed a little bit of soreness, but nothing bad.

On that note.... I took a rest day today -- not because I felt my muscles particularly needed it, but I have not slept well lately so I just thought it would be a good idea to take it easy. I was sleeping so well for so long..... not sure what happened but I think part of it is the imminent departure of my boys. I did have a short walk in the woods -- that was nice.

horusosiris, actually we have had a cool and foggy summer -- not warm enough for the tomatoes! But on top of that whatever has grown is being eaten before it has a chance to ripen. It seems like a combination of rabbits, birds, and ants. But even our farmer's market doesn't have much in the way of tomatoes. We're all hoping for later harvest because it's usually pretty warm sometimes even through Halloween. We'll see!!

Funny how you ask about more covid restrictions -- I just today heard about two states who are rejecting the masks in school federal mandate -- Texas and I forgot which other one. The Texas teachers are fighting back, apparently. I would think the teacher's unions would be all over trying to protect them. I would hope!! What a giant mess this continues to be!

Tomorrow I'm going to try the new youtube instructor I posted about in GD (Michelle Briehler). She has Piyo, rebounding, barre, etc. Looks pretty good! But horusosiris has also got me thinking about Hamelin again, too.

Cheers!

Tags
watulan check-in