Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-21, 11:12 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I look up video reviews ALL of the time, no matter where I am and no matter what video it is lol. I also try to check out video clips so that I can get an idea of how the workout flows, making sure the instructor teaches mirror image, etc.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 11:24 PM  
Vantreesta

You guys are smarter than I am...I usually just buy!

I also move the stray fitness videos back with their pack.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 10:54 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I also move the stray fitness videos back with their pack.
By series and by instructor, yes, if I can. Sometimes I don't have time for that because someone is waiting to shop and I'm in the way. So I take me, and my lil soup of silly, on down the road.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 11:07 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
So I take me, and my lil soup of silly, on down the road.
i love this phrase and i plan to steal it!

to organize or not to organize - that is the question. i put the fitness dvds near each other depending on the occasion. i like to put the winsor pilates videos together.

our public library has several bookcases of books and a few shelves of DVDs and CDs. a few months ago, i spotted several Leslies and some debbie siebers on the shelf. in fact, i took one and left leslie's walk strong from her WATP express. i needed to check whether i still had this because years ago i remember trading it.

i went back and picked it up. in that instance, because the entire DVD section was so small, i didn't bother putting the Leslies and Debbies together.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 09:26 AM  
fanofladyvols

bzar that's fine Your soup and mine aren't sloshing on the same aisles

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 06:56 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Have been hitting thrift stores here in NM finally found some dvds I wanted:

Ttapp more and ttapp basic workout plus
kathy smith time saver fat burner
slim in 6 - should have had 2 dvds in the case - but only had the one with burn it up, slim & limber, & cardio core express - I really only wanted slim & limber

total - $3 !

no I didn't organize but they had the workout dvds clustered together.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-21, 07:55 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
Have been hitting thrift stores here in NM finally found some dvds I wanted:

Ttapp more and ttapp basic workout plus
kathy smith time saver fat burner
slim in 6 - should have had 2 dvds in the case - but only had the one with burn it up, slim & limber, & cardio core express - I really only wanted slim & limber

total - $3 !

no I didn't organize but they had the workout dvds clustered together.
That's a great deal! There are a couple of thrift stores in my area that charge $1 a DVD. Today I found Qi AM/PM with Lee Holden :-)
Old 07-21-21, 11:27 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

wow on the lee holden great find!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 12:36 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
That's a great deal! There are a couple of thrift stores in my area that charge $1 a DVD. Today I found Qi AM/PM with Lee Holden :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
wow on the lee holden great find!
touché! i hope to find a lee holden one day. i have 2 of his DVDs in my collection.

found Peggy Cappy's Back Care Basics DVD for $2.40 after coupon. this was so wonderful. loved it. the clarity of the cinematography has a higher resolution than most videos i own.

i also saw Mari Winsor's LB Pilates - $2.99. i almost bought it - but i decided to check to see whether i had it already. good thing i held off buying it!!! i DID have it already, but it was a different cover. that's the thing about Gaiam's re-packaging schemes. i checked on Amazon too - they have the 2 different covers for the same video. oddly, the back of the labels on both are identical. same run time.

i also saw, but held off buying, "Great Courses" Yoga for Healthy Mind and Body by Heidi Sormaz, 6 hours of content, $2.99. I checked our library and they have several copies, so i'll borrow theirs. it covers different types of yoga.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 12:56 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I bought a wobble board at Goodwill for $5. They only had a few workouts and I had a couple and couldn't remember on the other one so didn't buy it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds