Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-21, 09:38 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I look up reviews when I am at resale stores/used sales too! And Linda, yes, I also reorganize the shelves to put the fitness DVDs together (or all of one instructor together when appropriate).

I like TA's Mat Workout. One time I saw one of her Metamorphosis sets cheap and was tempted, but I know I wouldn't like her more involved programs, especially since they include a lot of all 4s work (which I hate).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 09:57 PM  
edensmom

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Haha ..that's exactly what I do!

Nice to know I'm not the only one

The only other question I have is...did you organize all the fitness DVDs to one shelf/area?
This Goodwill gives workouts their own section! Most of the ones I go to do thankfully.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 10:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
This Goodwill gives workouts their own section! Most of the ones I go to do thankfully.
I usually don't see them that way at Goodwill. One of the larger use book sales that I go to does have a fitness DVD section and usually has them alphabetized pretty well too, but I've been known to resort there occasionally.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-14-21, 10:00 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I look up reviews when I am at resale stores/used sales too! And Linda, yes, I also reorganize the shelves to put the fitness DVDs together (or all of one instructor together when appropriate).

I like TA's Mat Workout. One time I saw one of her Metamorphosis sets cheap and was tempted, but I know I wouldn't like her more involved programs, especially since they include a lot of all 4s work (which I hate).
I recently saw her Pregnancy Project and almost bought it even though my baby making days are OVER! I actually had and donated both the Mat Workout and Post Pregnancy. I regretted the Post Pregnancy one..now I kind of want to go back.
Old 07-14-21, 10:03 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Lol. I have seen a few of Tracy Anderson’s workouts at Goodwill, but I’ve passed on them. I also see a lot of Element Yoga and Pilates.
I was walking around with the yoga one but there's so much good content available for free on YouTube I changed my mind. I tend to do really short practices in the morning so I wanted to get it more for hoarding purposes, lol.
Old 07-14-21, 10:04 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I usually don't see them that way at Goodwill. One of the larger use book sales that I go to does have a fitness DVD section and usually has them alphabetized pretty well too, but I've been known to resort there occasionally.
There's only one Goodwill I went to recently that didn't. I still managed to find them! I guess we are spoiled here.
Old 07-16-21, 06:51 PM  
Venus

I look up reviews in the thrift store sometimes, too The DVDs at my local thrift stores are not organized.

Since my last post, I've bought (not all at once and not in order):

DOTI Country Line Dance Party (I didn't care for the first Country Line Dance DVD, so I'm not sure if I'll like this one)
Tracy Anderson The Method for Beginners
Rodney Yee's Best of Yoga
:08 min Buns and Legs
Advocare Workout Series 7 workouts
Rodney Yee's Yoga Core Cross Train
DWTS Dance Body Tone
Element AM and PM Yoga for Beginners (this is a favorite, so I picked up a backup)

I also found the firming sticks that go with the WW The Ultimate Dance Party kit. A generous VFef shared the DVD with me. I had Zumba sticks already, but I had to pick up the firming sticks when I saw them!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 07:54 PM  
wendug

I dropped off a few things at my local thrift store today, so I had to go in the check out the DVD section. They had a lot and it was a mess- not in any order really. Don't worry, as a true vidiot I gathered and shelved all the fitness DVD's together! They had quite a lot, but I'm much pickier about what I buy these days. I know I just don't click with some instructors or styles of workouts. I did pick up Tracey Mallet's Functional Intensity Training for $2. I had never heard of this workout, so checked out the reviews and clips from Total Fitness DVD's. It has good reviews so I thought I would give it a shot. I'll try to fit it in this week to see if it is a winner!
Old 07-17-21, 08:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I stopped at Goodwill tonight and gathered all the fitness DVDs together too. I found about 8 total - 2 Balance Ball, a couple of Peggy Cappy yoga and a few other yoga, one Jillian, one Firm, and a nice Brooke Siler Pilates set.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-17-21, 10:22 PM  
Leonana

I also put the fitness dvd's together.

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds