Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-13-18, 06:05 PM  
little bird

Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
That is very kind of you, but I found one on Wayfair. Thank you, though!
Old 08-13-18, 07:59 PM  
Melissa Baker
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith L View Post
Would anyone have the large black Manduka mat to compare these to? I've always used my Manduka for all my workouts, atop my carpeting, but would perfer a larger (or 2nd Manduka) mat. It would have to work atop carpeting and stay in place.
I tried puzzle mats over carpet and they moved all over the place. I finally broke down and splurged on the large Manduka mat and I love it! It moves a little but not too much. I would buy it again. Fortunately I picked it up on sale at Zappos. HTH!
Melissa Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-18, 09:08 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Baker View Post
I tried puzzle mats over carpet and they moved all over the place. I finally broke down and splurged on the large Manduka mat and I love it! It moves a little but not too much. I would buy it again. Fortunately I picked it up on sale at Zappos. HTH!

Do you do cardio on the large Manduka mat?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 08:38 PM  
Melissa Baker
VF Supporter

Quote:
Do you do cardio on the large Manduka mat?
Yes, I do. Mostly Jessica Smith and FIRMs.
Melissa Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-18, 08:53 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Baker View Post
Yes, I do. Mostly Jessica Smith and FIRMs.

Thanks! I did not know they could be used with shoes for cardio. Do you wear shoes on it?

Eta: the regular price is WAY out of my range!

Old 08-15-18, 05:49 AM  
Carol K

Sherry - I have the Square36 mat on top of an area rug that is almost as large on top of wood flooring. I use it for everything. I use the cardio side for yoga and pilates and I have no problems with slipping. I did not find it the least bit slippery like some of the Amazon commenters and I did not need to sponge it down with soap and water. It does stay in place. I have it down all the time and I do all my FIRM and BeMax workouts on it.

Quote:
My cardio is almost all dance workouts with some kickboxing and walking workouts occasionally.

I currently have thick carpeting in my workout area. I have tried wearing "Zumba socks" over my cross trainers, but my feet still get kind of "stuck " in the rug.

I was debating buying one of these floor mats, and I was wondering if anyone has tried any of them. If you have, do they stay in place on carpeting, and do they work for dance workouts...or any cardio, really.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077M8JRW5...&pd_rd_w=BVXy1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G61ZB0K...&pd_rd_w=iCYCZ

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Large...PP3T6F0Z4P4FKY

I am not sure what size I need. I'm going to measure first. I currently exercise in our family room and can only use our finished basement if I wake up before my DH starts work from home there. I am considering using a small spare upstairs bedroom so I can leave the mats out all the time I can't leave them out in the family room because of our cats. I am going to test doing cardio in the upstairs bedroom to make sure I have enough space first.

Thank you,
Sherry
Old 08-15-18, 06:16 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Carol. I am just overwhelmed and confused on what to pick I hate to make such an expensive buying mistake if it doesn't work out. Some reviews of the Gorillaz mats said they don't slip either. I'll have to compare the prices and sizes and then decide whether to go with a Square 36/ Gorillaz mat, or go back to puzzle mats with the rug mat under it.
I also don't want to twist my ankle or anything!

Thanks for everyone's input . I really appreciate it. I'm trying to protect my knees/hips and lower back and doing dance cardio on carpeting even with the Zumba socks is not working well. I have tried dance shoes, but they don't have enough support for me.

Tags
floor mats, flooring, workout rooms