Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-16, 01:18 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Jealous of all of you, wish I was there! Enjoy and would love to see pictures!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 03:10 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
My preference would be a restaurant that has salads, soups, pasta or sandwiches. A coffee shop or diner is fine with me.
You guys have a blast!

Abbe, for something very casual, I think there's a Chop't (salads and wraps) on 3rd Ave and 77th. Also there's a Pain Quotidien on E. 77th and 2nd Ave.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 06:38 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Sherry, you should come! It's just for fun and meeting friends. It doesn't matter how well anyone does in the class. The class is for all levels, including beginners. I did some P57 last night, which is the same as Core Fusion, and could barely do most of it and was thinking that I will struggle on Sunday, but it doesn't matter. It is a special opportunity to hang out with VFers. We need to do it more in the NY Metro area! Did I convince you?
I will be in the same boat - happily modifying and doing what feels good. If enough of us are in the same boat, hopefully they won't 'yell' at us.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 06:59 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri1222 View Post
Jealous of all of you, wish I was there! Enjoy and would love to see pictures!

Terri
Wish you could be there, too, Terri!

Wish you could be there, too Debbie S.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenP View Post
You guys have a blast!

Abbe, for something very casual, I think there's a Chop't (salads and wraps) on 3rd Ave and 77th. Also there's a Pain Quotidien on E. 77th and 2nd Ave.
Thanks, Karen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I will be in the same boat - happily modifying and doing what feels good. If enough of us are in the same boat, hopefully they won't 'yell' at us.
They'd better not yell at us, or else they will have to deal with me yelling back !
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 07:04 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
They'd better not yell at us, or else they will have to deal with me yelling back !
One would have to assume that they weren't asleep the day they were taught "Public Relations 101" ... and the concept of "strength in numbers" ... because, unlike Yelp - here is a wide (and widely ranging) "audience" of potential influencers ...

Anyway, have fun ... enjoy yourselves.

If you take yourself(ves) too seriously, well - it's like think of the teacher as a a horse ... and what they used to say about horses: horses can smell fear ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 12:16 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

I'll look for the photos later in the day or tomorrow. I'm cozily ensconced in my nest in Brooklyn. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 06:10 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I'm back from another fun VF get-together in the Big Apple.

We started out with the Core Fusion Barre class, which consisted of a plank series, upper body weight series, barre work with and without the ball, floor work with the band, core work and stretches. We had 1/2 hour break and headed to Yoga Flow, which provided nice stretching and relaxation. Afterwards, we went to a coffee shop, where we had lunch and chatted.

Buffmama, Snapfish and Sanchia, it was great seeing you all!

The next VF get-together is going to be on Sunday, April 17th, 2016, at the Marriott Marquis in NYC. We will be going to the ECA Fitness Conference exhibition, where we will check out the vendors at the exhibition, do some browsing and shopping, and then have lunch. We will not be taking classes. The last time, it cost $10 to get into the exhibition hall. In past years, we have had VF get-togethers there, and it was always a lot of fun. You can get some good deals on fitness DVDs, equipment and clothing, and can meet some instructors, too. I will post a new thread.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 07:59 PM  
lingo10

Omg that sounded like so much fun. I hope you guys had an amazing C-curve ab burn! Was it a full class (or spacious) and how was the instructor? Cant wait for the pics if any.

Now that ECA conference sounds amazing, would love to come along, hopefully im off then.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 08:07 PM  
snapfish45

Had a great time at the VF get-together with Fitboop, Buffmama and Sanchia. It is a good thing I left when I did; just in time to catch the 3:56 train to Rahway! I got to rest my weary bones (which I am sure will be sore tomorrow) and visit with my son, daughter-in-law and grandson. It was a great day.

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-16, 09:54 PM  
sanchiababy

I definitely had a great time at the VF get- together today. Seeing snapfish45, FitBoop and buffmama was fun.

Thank you for a great day, ladies!

The classes were 'grueling fun.' ; ) But seriously the barre class was great and moved quickly - at least until we got to the c-curve work. : ) The yoga class was nice and relaxing, despite the audio difficulty at times. The lunch and chat after was really cool.

FitBoop, I will PM you about ECA.
sanchiababy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get-together, new york city, vf get-together