Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-12, 10:13 PM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Just curious if Daisy, or anyone else, has received their Pure Barre DVDs? I corresponded with Carrie January 5th, but still no sign of it. It'll be disappointing if it never comes.
I did not. I wonder if she didn't get the messages we sent? I doubt she would deliberately ignore them, given the circumstances that led to her offer!
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 08:08 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
I did not. I wonder if she didn't get the messages we sent? I doubt she would deliberately ignore them, given the circumstances that led to her offer!
Did you get a reply from her when you sent in your name? I got a response from Carrie pretty quickly (within a day) and got my dvd after about a week or so.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 08:32 AM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Did you get a reply from her when you sent in your name? I got a response from Carrie pretty quickly (within a day) and got my dvd after about a week or so.
Yeah. I recall that some people never got a response to later messages, but I contacted her on January 5 and heard back the same day that they would be sending the DVD out right away. I was partly curious because I think Daisy is in the same boat as me, being from Canada and having received a reply but no DVD almost a month later. Maybe they used media mail? Someone once used media mail to send me a trade, and it took 5 or 6 weeks to arrive here.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 08:40 AM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I didn't get a reply back from her, which is what makes me think that she didn't see it.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 10:03 AM  
daisysunshine

Oho. I saw my name...
I did get this. umm.. almost 2 weeksish ago? It came about the day before my Leah dvds came.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 12:56 PM  
Katri

I haven't received the DVD yet either.
Old 02-02-12, 01:33 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
I didn't get a reply back from her, which is what makes me think that she didn't see it.
That may be the case, especially if everyone else has gotten theirs. Perhaps she missed over yours, in the midst of all the address/names that came in?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 10:14 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
It is 35 minutes long (says 45 on the back, but is 35). ....
Mile High 1 does not feel rushed; it's nicely paced and uses the time well. It is not a killer workout (so it was fine for me after not doing barre for several months), but as with most barre, will get harder with familiarity and better technique. ....
After doing this workout, I felt really good physically and emotionally. I occasionally get a "rush" from a barre w/o, which I attribute to the particular workout having a really good mix of strength work and stretch. I was pleasantly surprised to get that feeling from a relatively easy workout!
~ THREAD REVIVAL ~

I'm still kind of interested in the Mile High series. I only have Pershing Square 1 and 2, and I like that these use the same minimal equipment. I also prefer the setting (what little there was to see from the brief YouTube clip) much better than Carrie's other dreary-looking sets. I'm interested in incorporating some barre again with my Classical Stretches and Pilates workouts, and I LOVE that these are short. I'm definitely not interested in hour-long workouts!

For now, they still seem to only be available through Pure Barre... no Mary or Amazon. Has anyone reviewed Mile High 2? Is it worth getting both? (Yes I realize they're similar to other Pure Barre DVDs, but remember I only have 2 - and the same can be said of Bar Method. )
Thanks for any input!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, pure barre