Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-09-22, 09:08 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Last minute checkin: Burn for biceps, triceps, and core. Great workout. Glad there was no cardio tonight!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 04:59 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk in town + Body Combat from Youtube + 25 minutes of yoga.

Waves!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 11:51 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did wk5 day1 of the 10k trainer. I stupidly waited till after 4 PM when the real feel was 88 and the wind was still 25 mph. It was rough but I finished. Also did some yoga afterwards and later PT.

Saturday we spent about 4 hours at the Nebraska Ren Fest. It was a great day and the weather was pretty much perfect. We had planned to go to the Des Moines one Sunday but the predicted rain made us just come on home.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 07:40 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I was tired of running for cardio so tonight I went to Burn for a Speed and Agility class. Lots of fun. We even did some jump roping in one of the rounds.

Vannie what is the Nebraska ren fest? Good job on your run in the heat today.

Jbliff you have been walking a lot lately. Hope you continue to have good weather for walks.
Old 05-11-22, 08:21 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 60-minute walk with DH + Fit Split Push Day weights portion only.

Karjoy - The weather has been wonderful lately so DH and I are doing as much outside as possible.

Vannie - Good job on the training. Glad you were able to go to the renaissance fair.
I know you love those.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 05-12-22, 08:29 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Tonight I did an hour on the treadmill which did not seem too bad after no running for 3 days. Last night I went to Burn for legs. Here is a really cool exercise with a minimum of equipment: take a heavy or at least medium tension Firewalker band. Stand up and put one end of the loop under the ball of one foot. The other foot should be just behind and to the side of the looped foot and that knee should be bent. Use the opposite hand to the looped foot and pull up on the firewalker band with that hand. Come to full standing to get max work on the glute. If you use a heavy band it will be hard to stand up fully. The instructor said the primary job of the glute is full hip extension.

We are starting to see Covid cases really increase in our area and looks like it is nationwide. I had 3 telemedicine appointments with Covid + patients today. Ya’ll be careful and think about routine mask wearing again. Sigh…

Have a great Friday all.
Old 05-13-22, 12:12 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical and about 10 minutes of stretching on my own.

Karjoy - Cathe does a similar move with doubled up tubing but she has you do rows with it. Sounds like you can easily change it to work glutes.

I routinely wear masks whenever I go indoor. I did see that cases have increased a lot in Florida in April, mostly in the southern part of the state. There are so many subvariants out there now. I don't know when we'll ever really be free of this virus.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 05-13-22, 08:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. Add a few hillier sections which I need to work on.

Jbliff I wear my mask everywhere indoors too. It is just habit at this point. One time I did forget my mask for a Target errand. It was during the week and Target was pretty empty. I grabbed my two items quickly, used the self checkout and was out the door. We can tell we are getting more cases locally because patients are calling us saying they are + and wanting to discuss treatment. I’m like you- I don’t see a soon end to this.

Vannie has your week been going?

Waves to all.
Old 05-13-22, 09:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue 5/10 69 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 5)
5 minutes (from Yoga With Bird - 5 Min Beginner Friendly Morning Yoga to Start Your Day! (DAY 5) 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
11 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 5 Legs at the Barre, YT) 1st time
8 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 3 core challenge 8 min AMRAP)
00 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 4 mobility challenge "Look Ma no hands!" AKA The Broomstick Challenge) SUCCESS!
2 minutes (from CVG Murph: Train Like a Hero day 6 -40 pike pushups FT -done in 2:28:14)
7 minutes (from PT stretches)
29 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.95 mi)

Wed 5/11 20 minutes
20 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.32 mi) stormy out and not feeling great, too hot for afternoon walk

Thu 5/12 84 minutes
39 minutes (from 2.35 mi walk home with Cyric from auto shop)
31 minutes (from 2.39 mi run for 10k trainer wk5 day2) still 93 degrees and 96 real feel at 6 PM!
14 minutes (from 1 dog walks 1.06 mi) too miserably hot for an afternoon walk again

Fri 5/13 0 minutes FRIDAY THE 13TH!!
8 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge days 6)
9 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -10 Min Morning Yoga DAY 6 7 Day Morning Yoga Challenge, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from PT strength exercises)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
13 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 6 Core Workout, YT) 1st time
18 minutes (from Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 5-butterfly pose + day 6-half dragonfly, YT) 1st time
0 minutes (from foam roll/ball massage + PT stretches)
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.76 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-22, 06:35 AM  
JBliff

Drive by checkin: My workout yesterday was a walk + Fit Split Pull Day weights only + 15 minutes of yoga.

Have a great weekend, everyone.