Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-22, 04:51 PM  
gigi

Well, I made a stop on the way home. I drank pre-workout and still can't talk myself into working out. I'll get home late tomorrow as I have a hair appointment. So Thursday I will do Iron Series Day 9. My family is celebrating my sister's birthday Friday night so I will finish Week 2 on Saturday.

I'm hoping that next school year, I can get up at 4 to get my workout done or do what I used to do...straight home, change, workout...no matter what. I think I'm still recovering from the accident. It's just more subtle than when I was visibly bruised. Or that may just be an excuse but I did have to take a med yesterday and today as the accident aggravated arthritis that I did not realize I had until after the accident. I may have had it but I had no symptoms and it did not impact my daily life.
Old 04-26-22, 05:40 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Well, I made a stop on the way home. I drank pre-workout and still can't talk myself into working out. I'll get home late tomorrow as I have a hair appointment. So Thursday I will do Iron Series Day 9. My family is celebrating my sister's birthday Friday night so I will finish Week 2 on Saturday.

I'm hoping that next school year, I can get up at 4 to get my workout done or do what I used to do...straight home, change, workout...no matter what. I think I'm still recovering from the accident. It's just more subtle than when I was visibly bruised. Or that may just be an excuse but I did have to take a med yesterday and today as the accident aggravated arthritis that I did not realize I had until after the accident. I may have had it but I had no symptoms and it did not impact my daily life.
Don't be too hard on yourself, Angela! Listen to your body...it sounds like you need some rest. May I ask, what was your accident? I might have read about it under GD, but I can't remember!
Old 04-26-22, 05:47 PM  
wendug

Caroline Girvan- Iron Series Day 6- Quads. This workout was really tough, but my quads definitely need work. I will admit that I didn't really do bulgarian lunges before the last year or so. I've done plenty of lunges and static split lunges, but I didn't really see bulgarian lunges in my workouts. Do they really make that much of a difference from lunges on the floor?

I added on CG's 10 min. no equipment ab workout which was a nice finisher.
Old 04-28-22, 05:17 PM  
wendug

Caroline Girvan- Iron Series 7- Shoulders & Triceps. (Wow, I'm really jumping around with the workouts in this series!) I liked this workout as my shoulders is a weak spot. I did use my 20s for the first set, which is an improvement for me, but used 15s for the rest of the workout. My hands did start to bother me after all the lying moves, but that tends to happen in that position (beginning arthritis?).
I added a quick cardio workout after- Eleni Fit- 15 min. happy sweat full body HIIT. I liked this as it wasn't too over the top, some plyo/high impact, but not too much.
Old 04-28-22, 05:38 PM  
gigi

I feel like I just need to start over. My mom called me crying. She is on dyalisis and has a terrible time. My dad is her caregiver and was short of breath today. I messaged with my brother about a personal matter. I have to be at the hospital at 6:45 for an ultrasound of my abdomen (found something when I had car accident) then I go to my doctor for my yearly labs. My feet swell when I've been on them all day. I need to lose weight. I was on my way to putting on workout clothes when my mom called and left a teary voice message. It's 6:36 and by the time I get dressed and hit pause to catch my breath (day 9) I would most likely not be in the shower until 8. Too late. For the remainder of the school year I may just do workouts and start Iron Series again in the summer. I just can't seem to get back into a flow of working out.
Old 04-29-22, 01:09 PM  
wendug

Quote:
I feel like I just need to start over. My mom called me crying. She is on dyalisis and has a terrible time. My dad is her caregiver and was short of breath today. I messaged with my brother about a personal matter. I have to be at the hospital at 6:45 for an ultrasound of my abdomen (found something when I had car accident) then I go to my doctor for my yearly labs. My feet swell when I've been on them all day. I need to lose weight. I was on my way to putting on workout clothes when my mom called and left a teary voice message. It's 6:36 and by the time I get dressed and hit pause to catch my breath (day 9) I would most likely not be in the shower until 8. Too late. For the remainder of the school year I may just do workouts and start Iron Series again in the summer. I just can't seem to get back into a flow of working out.
Angela- I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with so much right now. Just take it a day at a time. If you can't get a workout in one day, don't worry, you can try again tomorrow. I hope your drs. appointments go well!
Old 04-29-22, 06:34 PM  
wendug

Step Around the World w/Marci- Step & Hi/Lo (April 17,2022)
This is such a fun workout w/80s music and good old-fashioned step & hi/lo.
Old 05-01-22, 01:50 PM  
jetlitis

April 26, 2022
Kathy Smith Peak Fat Burning (40m)

April 27, 2022
Winsor Pilates: 20 Minute Workout
Cathe Ab Hits: first 2 ab routines (20m)
Leslie Sansone: Brisk Walk (20m)

April 28, 2022
Fitbymik:
Cardio Blast HIIT (15m)
Standing HIIT Cardio (20m)

Brian Syuki - Focus Fitness:
Fast Pace Indoor Walking Workout (20m)

April 30, 2022
Cubii Cycling (20m)

May 1, 2022
Brian Syuki - Focus Fitness
Walking Workout (18m)

BurpeeGirl
Tabata Squat Challenge (10m)

Reps to the Rhythm
1 Mile Fast-Paced Walk 2300 Steps #65 (15m)

Jordan Yeoh Fitness
Massive Calorie Burn (I don’t think so) (20m)

Leslie Sansone WAH:
Cooldown (6m)
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 02:02 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Be gentle with youself and do what you can. I know there have been times in my life where being rigid with my workout schedule actually added to the stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
jetlitis - As gigi said, be kind to yourself with the stress of your mom being in the hospital. I'm sorry to hear you are going through a rough time!
Thank you to the both of you. I appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness.

My mom is being transferred in a couple of days to a Skilled Nursing Facility to help with feeding and rehabilitation. She had a massive stroke 2 weeks ago, and has spent time in the ICU, Telemetry, and regular wards for the duration. So, it has been very difficult.

For me, working out helps me deal with my stress, so I have been trying to find time. If I miss a workout day(s), I think I will be okay with that.
Old 05-01-22, 02:07 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Angela,

It sounds like you have so much on your plate right now. I agree with Wendy -- take it one day at a time and don't be so hard on yourself. Don't forget to take some time out for yourself.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts