Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-22, 11:41 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I've been MIA as well. Just busy and a little down. I have the MRI results but don't know what to make of them. My appt with the physiatrist is on Tuesday so I'm anxious to hear what he has to say and what he recommends going forward. I know there are no fractures, but there is nerve impingement. I've been continuing on my routine of meds which makes the pain bearable most of the time. Chele, thanks for asking. I always hesitate to say much about certain test results until somehow who knows what they are looking at it interprets them for me. A real dr., not Dr. Google

I've done a bunch of circuit/bootcamp/metabolic Cathe Lives, plus the two that Kate mentioned---the St. Patrick's Day one and the Upper Body Burn one. ITA with Kate on that Upper Body Burn one---it was tough, even with my modifications. I'm concerned about losing muscle mass, particularly in my lower body as I'm really trying not to do anything to make my situation worse. I can see that Cathe really is trying to do some different things---like the St Paddy's Day workout that uses the stability ball a lot. She also hasn't really done what I would call a "heavier weight" workout in the Lives in quite awhile IIRC, and the Upper Body Burn one could easily fit that bill.

Kate, good news about Justin but so scary that he (and you) had to go through all that before they found out what was going on!

Chele, we've been watching the basketball games too. So many exciting games this year! We are rooting for St Peter's. We love their coach---so calm and laid back. Some of the coaches get so darn spastic! We will root for Duke tonight, since that is my alma mater. Coach K started a couple of years after I graduated but I did get to meet him when he stayed at the hotel where I was working as a desk clerk while in grad school. Of course nobody knew who he was then. We are glad to see them play better. They were flat during the ACC tournament. Don't know if you saw it but Duke posted a pic of Patrick Mahomes wearing a Duke shirt awhile back and he's a Texas Tech grad so they had some fun with that.

Chele, forgot to mention congratulations to your daughter on her college choice! I'm sure she's excited. How will you feel about being an empty nester??

bee, ugh, yes it does sound like you may have the flu. I also read that this year's flu vaccine isn't very protective. Some years are like that, unfortunately, and it's worse when now we wonder whether it's Covid or the flu. Hope you feel better soon!!

ToddlerW, anxious to hear how your Meet Up walking group goes! Good for you for getting "out there." I find it difficult to make new friends, particularly as I'm older and not in the workplace anymore. Plus I'm somewhat "eccentric" and my personality is not for everyone, for sure.

Kim, oh yes, cats in the bed. They are there in the winter, but elsewhere in the summer. I tell my husband that they know where the warm flubber is!

MamaW, love your kitty avatar!

horusosiris, you are such a great resource for workout info and reviews. You've tried so many different instructors and styles that I've come to rely on your input so THANKS!

manleym, hope you weren't impacted by the storms in your neck of the woods. They thought we might get more than we did, but they went in a diagonal direction to us and we just got rain.

FN1, is that one of those cardboard scratching post that Lux is sitting on? Our guys sometimes sit on those. Guess they like catnip on their butt fur??

Waves to Nathalie---hope everyone in your family has recovered!

Hugs to all! Moby out!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 01:36 PM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… glad you checked in. I usually diagnose myself way before I hear back from the doctor if I have the test results in hand. Not always a good thing. Keep us posted on what they have to say and the treatment plan. Nerve pain is so difficult. That’s my main discomfort in my injured leg. The nerves were so damaged in the car accident. So exciting that you were an alumni of Duke. Our niece is going there for her PhD. But how can you not root for Saint Peter’s. Such an incredible run so far.

VVfer… can’t wait to hear about your meet up today.

Kate… it sounds like Cathe is mixing things up on the live workouts. Fun when you get to use your new equipment.

Bee… hoping you are feeling better today.

Peloton workouts included 10 minutes core. 10 minutes light weights and arms. 20 minutes upper body with medium weights. Then I added on Cathe’s CTX kickboxing arm drills and bicep section. Finished with a 10 minute full body stretch.

We have a surprise birthday party for my mom tonight. We are in charge of getting her to the restaurant. There will be about 30 people or so. Some of our nieces and nephews are in for the weekend —can’t wait to see them.

Waving to all and hope you have a great day!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 02:49 PM  
lavna

Hello Watulans!

I'm feeling better now. I'm still sniffling but it's had to tell if still Covid or it's a combination of my chronic rhinits, the dry air in the house or what's in the air outside when the snow melts!!!

I envy those of you who have warmer weather. We had some snow this week and the temperature is around 32 so it's not helping with the melting. It's normal at this time of year but after 5 months of winter, we're ready to see green grass again! I'm sure that Kate can relate!

Bee: My friend's son had fever and nausea and his rapid tests were negative. He did a PCR test and it was positive. I sometimes wonder if rapid are more reliable if the syptoms are more "cold-like". How lucky you were not to have hurt yourself badly when you fell! I hope you get better soon!

Kate: I'm happy Justin is better this week. I sure hope it gets better and better!

VVfer: Can't wait to hear about your Meet Up. It would be great if you could make new friends there! Soreness in the hips: ouch! Wish it gets better soon!

Kim: Is the soreness gone? Funny how it moved from one place to another!

Chele: A surprise party for your Mom should be so fun. Have a great time. And I love the picture of Winston. A very photogenic young man!!!

Cataddict: Fingers crossed for you appointment on Tuesday! I hope sje has good news for you.

Yesterday I did Caroline's EFFECTIVE Leg Day Collective - Compound Leg Workout _ EPIC Heat - Day 17. I was interrupted by the phone and didn't have time to finish it. I guess it's a good thing because my quads are very sore today. I really have to learn to take lighter weights from the beggining as her workouts layer as the workout progresses!

Have any of you tried Heather Robertson? She seems to have similiar workouts to Caroline. Do you like her?

Waves and hugs to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 05:04 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All!

I definitely have better energy today! Thanks for all of your nice well wishes. I did Lift with Cee "Three" today (40:4:40), after warming up with the Low Max warmup. I've been missing step but know I should stick with low impact for a bit so I thought that might work. Sometimes it's hard to know how much impact and/or how to modify step workouts. I'm liking the Lift with Cee workouts -- even though they are sort of short and seem like they might not hit everything, the way she goes slowly seems to really hit the muscles. Funny thing my friend in Seoul asked for a straightforward weights program and I sent her to that. Whatever she came across she likes, but I have a feeling it is not LWC because the comments she has made don't work ("I really like her Irish accent"). I have a zoom with my friend tomorrow so I will get to the bottom of what she really is doing.

cataddict, I'm sorry about the nerve impingement. It will be interesting to see what the physiatrist says. I hope you can figure out a way to work out so you can keep that muscle mass!

Oh, the basketball..... here we are both rooting for St. Peters but I think we want Duke to win it all because of that coach..... that would be so cool!! cataddict that's very cool that you went to Duke and actually met him!

Nathalie, it's great to hear from you and I'm glad you're feeling better! Funny about your leg workout being interrupted but still being pretty sore. Maybe it is a good thing, though I'm sure you were frustrated at the time. Hope it warms up for you!!

Chele, that birthday party sounds like great fun!

Vintage, sorry about your sore hips. Hope you had a good time on the meet up walk and that you actually met someone to click with!!

Kate, I'm so happy to read that Justin feels better every day. I'm going to make more notes from your CL summaries here. Oh! By the way, I previewed that #60 you mentioned...... oh my gosh, Cathe looks freakin' adorable in those tiny shorts! Wow, her legs!! She is amazing. We all know that, obviously, but what a reminder previewing that video was for me.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Waves to all.
Old 03-26-22, 05:13 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, meant to address Nathalie's question about Heather Robertson. I have done a few of her workouts. I don't know why, but I don't like her as well as Caroline or growingananas. It seems like her workouts are probably well thought out -- it doesn't really make much sense that I don't like her as well. I can't put my finger on it. You should give a few of her workouts a try and see what you think.
Old 03-26-22, 06:10 PM  
Mickey12

Bee that fall you had sounds just terrible! I'm glad you seem to be doing better. I have had some instances in the middle of the night when I'm sitting on the toilet and I feel like I'm falling asleep and sort of catch myself leaning forward as if I will topple over. It has never actually happened but it's scary. I'm sorry you fell.

Chele hope the birthday party is GREAT!!! I am thinking about birthday cake now. Yum!

We haven't heard from Kittybug in a while, I hope things are ok.

Alta I am also curious about your meet up group. Let us know how it turned out.

Thursday night I did two more Debbie Siebers Body Dynamix workouts - cardio walk and core walk. I really wish the music was louder on these. Debbie is a great instructor but for some reason her workouts just don't seem to click with me.

Last night and today I did two new VHS hi/lo workouts produced by Sara City. I have never heard of this company. I bought the workouts from Ebay. Last night was Franny Benedetto and today was Gay Gasper. After each workout there was a sort of lecture section discussing how to teach hi/lo choreography. The Franny workout was fun but the music was just way too low. The Gay workout was also fun but it was a super space hog. I had to modify a lot of the moves to make them fit into my living room. Both workouts were just the instructor.

Enjoy March Maddness everyone and have a great weekend.
Old 03-26-22, 06:11 PM  
manleym

Bee!! That is SO SCARY almost passing out like that!!! Oh my!! I'm so glad you weren't hurt badly and hope you feel better really, really soon. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this terrible illness. BIG HUGS to you!

ChelePA we were obviously pulling for Tech, but like you, want Coach K to have a good retiring season. I am SO BUMMED that the games are on TBS (or is it TNT?) since we don't have it. We can only watch the games on CBS. You'll have to keep me posted. Have fun at your mom's party tonight! I know it will be so fun seeing everyone!

KateTT so glad Justin is feeling better and having some good days. That's great news! I'll have to do CL #388 soon. Glad you mentioned it. I almost did it Thursday but wanted a full body workout so I did #379 instead. Doing Caroline's rotation threw me off CL so I'm catching up.

VVFer how did the MeetUp Women's group walk go today? Good for you for getting out there, even with sore hips. That's awesome!

Cataddict good to "see" you! Sorry things don't seem to be much better. Hope the physiatrist will be able to give you some insight on Tuesday. I know you're tired of dealing with this. How fun you met Coach K! Duke sent my hubby an application his senior year of high school and he didn't fill it out because it was too long....WHAT?!? Really?!? Glad you were more mature and wiser than him at the time! He went to University of Florida, and did just fine, but I asked him how many other people he knew who received an application FROM Duke....

Oh, the storms. Last Monday night there were 23 tornados in TX. 10 were in North Texas and some did ALOT of damage. There was one about 20-30 miles from us so the sirens were going off, but we just had heavy rain. I was definitely listening for the freight train. Glad ya'll didn't get anything too bad.

Nathalie good to hear from you! Glad you're feeling better but sorry you're still dealing with cold, nasty weather. I have tried Heather Robertson and like her, but not sure I would do a full rotation of just her workouts. 2 Lazy does Heather's workouts alot so you should read about them there. I probably haven't done enough of them to be fair, but for weights I like Caroline better. Heather does seem to offer a wider variety of types of workouts. She has cardio, weights, kickboxing, pilates, etc.

Hugs and waves to Kittybug, FOLVS, Kim, Horusosiris. Hope I didn't miss anyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 06:22 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Monday: KCM RAW Fitness Ladder (ok; sound was echoey; hard to hear Kelly at times since this wasn't professionally produced; will have to try it again - not bad but not wow)

Tuesday: Vigorous Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class (30 min) - Five Parks Yoga (felt REALLY good; nice, pretty fast flow; a few “hard” moves) + Yvette B 65 Minute – All Out Cardio Kickboxing Workout! (good; 1st half better cueing; middle-end cueing isn’t good; she goes straight into next move with no warning; wore weighted gloves for entire workout; last part put on ankle weights; did some lower body kicks, jacks, and other floor moves with ankle weights on; I did low jacks since I didn’t feel safe doing jacks with weighted gloves and ankle weights both on)

Wednesday: Yoga for Strength & Energy Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga (good) + Weider X Factor ST week 1 ( nice cardio; good for quick day; the guy is chatty but I've been doing Caroline workouts so...)

Thursday: CL # 379 Superset Circuit (GOOD metabolic)

Friday: CDorner 70s Disco Step Aerobics Basic To Intermediate Workout with abs! 130 bpm #46 (FUN! GREAT MUSIC! Very basic, but uses 2 risers for intensity; add power to some moves to increase intensity; didn’t do abs; added 10 min of step instead) + shortcircuits fitness 5 Minute Lower Body Stretch by the Sea

Saturday: Lauren Brooks KBBody Mobility WU/CD + SU&T disc 1workouts 1,2 & 3 (recently got this in a trade and I liked it) + KV Slow Stretch from Full Body Stretch (LOVED! beautiful scenery; felt great afterwards; glad VVFer didn’t like it. HA! Thanks again, VVFer!!! )
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-22, 08:50 AM  
Mickey12

Manley I’m so glad you liked the Karen Voight total body stretch after I sung it’s praises. I was worried when Alta wasn’t a big fan.
Old 03-27-22, 09:57 AM  
ChelePA

My mom was quite surprised for her birthday party. So wonderful that we were able to celebrate with most family and close friends in attendance. A rarity these days.

Peloton workouts included a 30 minute cycling class with Little Mix music. A. British girls band with some great songs. Added on a Cathe’s CTX Abs chapter then finished with yoga focus flow: healthy back.

Let’s go St. Peter’s. Glad Villanova and Duke won yesterday.

FOLV…sorry about your team. Tough competition!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in