Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-18, 05:38 AM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

I used to do step every day. Now, I rarely do it. I love it, but have been mostly running and walking. But.....I want to start doing step again. I have a question, though.....how do you do step with no risers without your step sliding around? With 6" - 8" mine doesn't slide, but with 4" it will slide out from under me. TIA!

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 01:46 PM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolieikl View Post
I used to do step every day. Now, I rarely do it. I love it, but have been mostly running and walking. But.....I want to start doing step again. I have a question, though.....how do you do step with no risers without your step sliding around? With 6" - 8" mine doesn't slide, but with 4" it will slide out from under me. TIA!

Linda
Do you have the original club step? If so, try cleaning the little rubber discs on the bottom. They get dusty/dirty and stop gripping right. They grip much better when they're clean.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 02:20 PM  
sugar rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne View Post
I do step 1 to 3 times a week. For a long time I was stepping 4 to 6 times a week but I injured my hip really bad--the worst ever--several months ago and it's still not completely better. I really enjoy step class so I go but take it easier and leave early if I have to. Ellen Barrett workouts are helping a lot lately, too.
Anne, I'm sorry you injured your hip so badly! But glad it's getting better. Are you sure it was injured from the stepping?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 03:39 PM  
Jules

I love stepping and average a couple times per week on 8". I mostly stick to Cathe for step, but I also do BodyStep from Les Mills on Demand.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 03:51 PM  
warriorprincess

I have traditionally disliked (and avoided) cardio, but after reading Mark Sisson's Primal Endurance, and wearing a HRM to make sure I stay within the 180-age range, I have found that I love Step workouts! I have to stop and take it easy a lot to keep the HR down, but it makes what I do so much more fun. And I find I can do more and more within the target heart range, just like he says. I have only Cathe's and the music does tend to be really good.

I did iMax3 yesterday. It was a blast!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 05:55 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I rarely do step since I am hopeless at choreography. In fact, I just sent a Cathe step dvd to a fellow VFer since it was getting bored on the shelf-lol.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 05:56 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Every seven years, I try one to verify that I still hate them with the fire of a thousand suns. This behavior has held steady for about 21 years (before that I'd never done one).

I did one last year, so I'm clear for a while.
Thank you for this! Very funny
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-18, 07:24 PM  
bolieikl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S. View Post
Do you have the original club step? If so, try cleaning the little rubber discs on the bottom. They get dusty/dirty and stop gripping right. They grip much better when they're clean.
Yes, I do have the Club Step. I will try that! Thank you !

Linda
bolieikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-18, 07:43 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I use my step a lot, at least several times a week, for step drills and basic choreography based workouts as well as a tool for strength training (step ups, box squats, etc and also when I do Horizontal Conditioning workouts). So in that sense I use it almost every day. However, if we're talking about traditional step aerobics with choreography that's maybe once in a blue moon when I suddenly feel like doing one. Even then, though, it has to be BASIC choreography. I just gave up on trying to do complicated step moves. When I try my feet and knees kill me for days.
Old 08-19-18, 10:09 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I use my step a lot, at least several times a week, for step drills and basic choreography based workouts as well as a tool for strength training (step ups, box squats, etc and also when I do Horizontal Conditioning workouts). So in that sense I use it almost every day. However, if we're talking about traditional step aerobics with choreography that's maybe once in a blue moon when I suddenly feel like doing one. Even then, though, it has to be BASIC choreography. I just gave up on trying to do complicated step moves. When I try my feet and knees kill me for days.
I'm like Colleen in that I use the step a LOT! I do it in some capacity every day, (except Sunday). My HIIT bootcamp class uses the step as a station, so I'm either doing up and overs, toe taps, box jumps, etc., as well as using it for split squats, surge step ups and more. I love the step. It gets my heart rate up like nothing else!

Tags
step aerobics, step without a step