Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-22, 11:20 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I decided to try the walking one but there is no breakdown of miles? It just says the steady walk is 50 minutes. I would have loved it if it popped up when one mile is done and then two, etc. i didn’t have time for the whole thing so I just stopped but have no idea how far I walked. Disappointed in that but the workout itself was nice.
My bundle isn't arriving until Friday but I've noticed some of Jessica's workouts have mile markers that pop up (like in the 4 Mile Power Walk dvd), then there are some dvds that are divided into individual mix & match miles, and then there's at least one dvd (Walk Off the Belly Fat 5 Days a Week) with a walk on it that's named "3-mile Flat Abs Power Walk" but IIRC there are no mile markers in the walk (though I think there's a countdown timer at the very end). Someone please correct me if I'm remembering wrong about the 3-mile flat abs walk having no mile markers.

***Correcting myself: There is a bell ding as well as mile markers on the 3-mile Flat Abs Power Walk!!!***
I don't know why I can power through 3 miles on this one without thinking but on ones like 4 Mile Power Walk, I'm clock-watching and looking for excuses to quit after mile 2. I must like the former workout better? I still do enjoy having the variety of Jessica workouts because there are some steady state walks that don't get into mileage and are more time-based--like the first workout on the 21-Day set (Cardio Core Walk) and the Cardio Party walk in the 6-week set.

I only mention the variety because depending on the day, some days I prefer the Jessica workouts with no mile markers (because otherwise I might be tempted to call it a day after mile 2) and other days I definitely want the mile markers. So I kind of like having some workouts without the mile markers. Maybe I'm weird that way?

In any case, I'm excited to try at least one of the walks on the 5k one on Friday.

Last edited by adawn; 05-25-22 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Edited to add paragraph correcting myself.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, strong + centered, strong + centered reviews, strong+centered series