Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-22-22, 01:02 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well our weathermen said we were going to get DUMPED on with snow yesterday and today. Up to 10 inches. Yesterday we got NOTHING so a wasted day as far as Justin's appointment. Today is definitely worse, but we have maybe 4 inches on the ground. The winds are what is making everything bad.

Today I stepped away from Cathe and did Michele D's Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix. Michele's usual wicked cardio but I didn't struggle as much as I have in the past. These are fun, moderate impact. I fumbled just a bit with some of her choreo, but luckily she repeats enough I caught on.

Happy 2/22/22 TWOsday! And I'm even posting at 12:02! (twilight zone music)

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 03:37 PM  
Jules

Hi Kate! I think we had the same faulty weather prediction here. We were also supposed to get several inches but only got about 1 inch. We have had 2 days of high winds and it is below zero wind chill factor. Brrrrrr.

I've been dealing with a bad headache all morning - I think it is from tight muscles. I am about to do Party Rockin' Step to see if it helps loosen things up. Usually kickboxing will do the trick also.

Sat: Put away Christmas decorations and cleaned house
Sun: Studio Sweat: SpinCore (83 minutes!)
Yesterday: STS M2/W1: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + Ab Ripper X
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 06:17 PM  
Mickey12

Jules you’re a rock star! You have a headache and you want to work out. I would probably be doing the opposite. I hope Party Rockin Step helped.

Kate bummer that you wasted a day of treatment because of a bad weather forecast. I guess there are worse things in life. You could have gotten way MORE snow than was predicted.

I love Michele Dozois workouts. I really like her Peak 10 workouts but I find them pretty hard exertion, not that tough choreography wise.

I’ve been going through a bunch of VHS that I was gifted by a generous VFer and trying other new workouts that I’ve purchased recently. Ilaria’s Forza workout, old CIA step and hi/lo, walking at lunch, The Daniel Plan (faith-based workouts, some led by Stephanie Huckabee). So, lots of variety. Not sure what’s on tap for tonight, but it will be something new, that’s for sure.
Old 02-22-22, 06:44 PM  
Malinda

Sounds like we are all getting a lot of wind. We had to get our contractor over yesterday because the metal roof of our garage was coming up on the edge. However, I am so lucky because our high today was 83! It’s supposed to get in the 30s tonight and stay in the 40s for a few days. No snow, though!

DH and I took a selfie today at 2:22, showing my phone screen with the time and date. We did the same thing on 10-10-2010 at 10:10 (although I don't think it was a selfie). Yes, we are dorks.

Workouts:

Th - Walk 3.5 miles
Fri - Crossfire
Sat - 5 Parks Yoga
Sun - Body Project Cardio Starter
Mon - Turbo Jam 20 minute workout and CLX Push 3
Tues - Breathless Body with DH

I hope you all stay warm! You’re certainly doing some hot workouts!!!
Old 02-22-22, 08:01 PM  
Mickey12

Malinda your post made me laugh out loud! Your dork comment was so cute.

Tonight I did an old CIA, Jennifer Mills, hi/lo and step. OMG, the step portion was excellent! Super fun choreography but not too hard that I couldn’t get it on the first try. I loved it!
Old 02-24-22, 08:56 PM  
Jules

Just a hit and run post to say that the DOMS from STS Meso 2 tri-set legs is real.
Old 02-25-22, 06:29 PM  
Jules

TGIF! I am still walking like a 90 year old from STS Legs. OUCH!

Yesterday I did Ultimate Yogi Crosstrain and today I did STS M2/W1 Back & Biceps Plus Ab Ripper X.

Kim: Jennifer Mills - Blast from the Past! I haven't heard that name around here in a few years.

Malinda: I am jealous of your selfie. Wish I would have thought of that! My coworker's grandson was born on Tuesday - such a cool birth date.
Old 03-01-22, 12:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kim: You are so right, we could have really gotten dumped on! That's what they expected. It's all good.

Jules: I'll exercise with a headache too. It almost always helps.

Malinda: You're my kind of dork. 83!?! Sigh...I won't see that until maybe June.

Kim: Some days Michele really trips me up.

Quick backtrack from last week. REALLY good Cathe Live workouts! I am totally enjoying each and every one!

23rd: Live 261 Upper Body Ball-Tastic (pretty excellent working on and around the ball)
24th: Live 63 Legs and Glutes (similar to DVD but no ankle weights, lots of burn)
25th: Live 377 Total Body Circuit (I HIGHLY recommend! Tons of fun)

This week nothing yesterday except appointments with my son.

Today I did Live 384 Arms Legs Core & More. This was a lot of fun, and nearly a full hour, but 377 on Friday was much more fun and challenging for me.

Back to work and what may be my last trip to Radiology clinic tomorrow. We'll see what the Dr says as we meet with him on Monday 7th.

HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-22, 06:46 PM  
Malinda

Hello Ladies!

Jules - Ultimate Yogi Crosstrain is no joke - kudos to you for doing it while you were still sore from STS Legs!

Kim - How many more new-to-you workouts do you have left to do?

Kate - You definitely get your money’s worth out of Cathe Live! And yay on the last trip to radiation for you. Is this Justin’s last week?

Workouts:

Wed - CLX Push 2
Th - CLX Burn Intervals
Fri - MBFA Day 9 Core Circuit
Sat - Circuit of pull-ups/push-ups/abs/swings repeated 5 X (after a morning of bathing cats and vacuuming)
Sun - Walk 4.6 miles
Mon - 5 Parks Yoga
Tues - Cathe Tabatacize - warm-up & first tabata - CLX Push 1 - second Cathe tabata & stretch

I was reminded today that Tabatacize is truly one of the hardest workouts I own. I don’t think I’ve ever made it through all 5 tabatas. She burns your legs out like no one else!

Y’all take care!
Old 03-01-22, 06:51 PM  
Jules

Kate - I've got my fingers crossed for Justin being done with radiation!

Our weather is as crazy as ever. We had heavy rain, and now the roads in our subdivision are an ice skating rink. I had to call in to work yesterday rather than risk the drive. Our plow guy was such a slacker this year. He let the snow build up, which then got compressed by everyone driving on it and turned into several inches thick of pure ice. Not so nice! I made it ok today, but it was definitely a skills test. I used the day off yesterday to clean the house, so at least I was productive.

Saturday: BodyCombat 77
Sunday: Errands in town
Monday: STS M2/W2 Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps + Insane Abs (from Insanity)
Tuesday: Studio Sweat: Straight Up Spin (60 min)

I am so excited that my knee has been feeling ok during spin sessions! I still wear a knee sleeve, but I am able to do the workouts without modifying.

ETA: Inner Dimension TV has 3 new short practices by Travis called Rocket Power: Power Blast 1,2, 3. They look like the equivalent of his Short & Sweet series. I plan to give them a try soon.