Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-13, 06:03 PM  
mabyrd1

High intense and High Hunger?

Does doing High intense make you more hungery? I have been doing JNL for a few weeks and I can tell my hunger is through the roof!! I usually do mostly Cathe, the firm and Turbo Fire but for some reason I feel this has made me really want to eat!! I need to lose about 10/15 pounds I DO NOT WANT TO EAT MORE!!!LOL!! Just wondering if anybody else has this issue? I think I am going back to my other workouts for a few days to see if this is the issue. I mean the other workouts that I usually do have some high intense but not quite as much.

Thanks
Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 06:40 PM  
PrairieGem

I've been tracking my food all year, so I'm getting a better idea of what affects my appetite. I used to think that more intense workouts always made me hungrier, from the added exertion. But it actually appears that I feel hungier whenever I change up my rotation--so whenever I start doing something new (or that I haven't done in a while). I've also noticed that my hunger is off the charts if I'm tired (and I've been reading about hunter-stimulating hormones like leptin and ghrelin that can get elevated when you're tired). So, for me, I think it's a combination of a couple of things--not so much the intensity per se, but new intensity in an unfamiliar way, which is a little more tiring than a familiar tough workout, and my body responds by asking for a little more energy (from food). YMMV, of course!

I'm totally with you, though--I'm already hungry all the time; I certainly don't need help from my workouts!
Old 04-20-13, 10:08 AM  
neatski

I definitely think more intense workouts make me hungrier- and bigger. I don't mind having a little extra muscle on my frame since I'm very petite, but when I'm not doing intense workouts, I'm thinner and less hungry.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 10:10 AM  
sherry7899

Neatski-hi! I have missed your posts. I am glad to see you back

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 12:17 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Neatski-hi! I have missed your posts. I am glad to see you back

Sherry
Hi Sherry! It's so good to be back, I've missed you as we'll!

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-13, 12:25 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
I've been tracking my food all year, so I'm getting a better idea of what affects my appetite. I used to think that more intense workouts always made me hungrier, from the added exertion. But it actually appears that I feel hungier whenever I change up my rotation--so whenever I start doing something new (or that I haven't done in a while).
Interesting observation. I would be willing to bet that this is true in more cases than people think. And it makes sense biologically, actually. Our bodies are very well programmed machines, and if we introduce a new stress (change up our workout routine for example), they would react by causing more hunger to prep for any increased energies they may need. Hmm. It explains a lot, actually.
Old 04-20-13, 01:22 PM  
mabyrd1

I wonder if that is the case with me but I am scared to keep up the JNL for gaining weight. I did the Firm CS Friday and Cathe F rhythmic step today, I can already tell the hunger has decreased. I did like doing the JNL (some dvds better than others) but just can not stand the increased hunger! I did miss other dvds though, so many workouts so little time !!!LOL

Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote