Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-13-22, 06:51 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 8,664

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 02:07 PM  
seabliss

I didn't get to check in yesterday, but I did Heather's Low Impact Cardio and Abs. My arms are giving me a lot of grief right now, especially the left one, keeping me awake at night, so I'm doing what I can.

The piano was moved in today! It's a long story, but yesterday we didn't know we'd be able to get it. We walked into a piano store and the guy there (owner?) worked a miracle. In August no less, when everyone in Portugal is on holiday.

Lynn, so sorry to hear about your DH. Hoping he recovers quickly and you don't get it.

Diana, it does seem like everyone has different recoveries from Covid. It seems random, too, not based on age or other factors.

Cynthia, it's nice that you have access to a pool to help you keep the balance of workouts you need.
Old 08-13-22, 03:40 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, yay for the piano! Are there public swimming pools in Porto?

Diana, I feel none the worse for my covid experience.

I did errands this morning. One of them was an ebay return by mail & the post office closes at noon. Also grocery shopping. The free pop-up covid testing was outside the grocery & I got tested, w/ negative result. I have lots of test kits and plan to test every week while the contagion rates are so high. My vacation is less than a month away and I sure want to go!

Hoping Lynn & her DH are doing well.

Now the house is too warm to work out. I'll do something this evening.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 09:44 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Yay for the piano arrival.

Cynthia I have tested several times since I had the exposure. Sometimes it seems like my throat is sore, etc. Crazy. Are you buying your test kits or getting them through insurance? We received the free ones through the govt/postal service. They are expensive if you buy them on your own.

Waving Hi to Lynn.

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-13-22, 10:23 PM  
lynnf

Hi all, thanks for the good wishes. DH is feeling crummy but not that bad (well he complains a lot, but it could be a lot worse). We tested in the evening and he is still positive (of course) and I am still negative. We are not masking in the house, because, like Cynthia and her DD, it's just not possible to live that way. And besides he was already sick two days before we realized he was positive. We are both on this Paxlovid and hopefully this will help him recover faster, and theoretically keep me from getting it from him. Let's hope it is doing something for me because it is giving me this horrible metallic taste in my mouth. Haven't been exercising, but the only excuse is stress.

Diana, I know what you mean -- every minor thing makes you think you have it. I did have a bit of a sore throat so I thought I would turn up positive, but no. This is our first Covid experience. I hope our last, but probably not. I suspect we all are going to have to get used to this, like colds and flu.

Cheryl, congrats on getting your piano at last!

Cynthia, so interesting about your and your DD each having it at separate times and not infecting each other. You definitely want to be healthy for your trip to Portugal!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 05:57 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn the church family who had covid took that medicine and said the taste was horrible. The husband got covid first. A couple days later she got it. Then a few days later the disabled son got it. Due to a medication the son is on he could not take the medicine and just had to go it alone. The Dr. did prescribe meds to treat symptoms.

Steps from yesterday: 15,423

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-14-22, 08:12 PM  
lynnf

This week has been an exercise wipe out, but today DH and I did a short walk in the am and I did a 15 minute barre 3 stretch. He seems to be feeling somewhat better. I was negative Sat. night, but didn't test today, as I felt the same. If I test negative tomorrow night the doctor says I can come out of isolation.

Diana, you are right that Paxlovid has a lot of interactions with other drugs. Luckily I was cleared with my other drugs. DH can't take his statins with it. I definitely hate the metallic taste it gives me. It's technically not supposed to be used to prevent Covid, but the doctor said it probably will be approved for that use eventually. He didn't outright tell me to take it for this purpose, but gave clear hints, so I decided to take the hints. It definitely seems to be keeping DH's symptoms down.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 08:36 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

The 15-min Xtend Barre express workouts are great for busy days, like the weekend. Last night I did Flexibility and Balance express, and today I did Booty express.

I have realized that I will get on better with the regular workouts if I modify the warmups. Most barre workouts (in my experience) do a high-knees march to warm up, with various arm movements. XB does plie's. The only other barre workout I've done with endless plie's was Cardio Callanetics and I traded it away. The rest of the work in XB is doable for me, but my knees did not take kindly to excessive plie's.

I'll get something done sometime tomorrow, but I have an appointment with the overhead door company to replace my garage door opener machinery. It wasn't new when I moved in here 19 years ago, so its demise was expected.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 09:32 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Everyone was over covid and at church today. That was a huge praise. We are having special services this week. I'll be in church every day except Saturday. I'll do my best to get some sort of workout in.

Lynn I hope everything continues to improve for your DH and you stay negative.

Check-In: 30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-15-22, 07:40 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 10,007

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana