Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-24-22, 07:07 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a short walk at 9 in the morning (even though it was already almost 90 degrees) + 40 minutes of kickboxing + 45 minutes of yoga in the afternoon.

Karjoy - I'm sorry to hear you tested positive. Ugh. I hope the symptoms abate quickly. I have jury duty next month and really am dreading being inside a room with a bunch of people. The positivity rate in our health district is over 25% at this point.

Waves to everyone. Stay cool.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 07:07 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a short walk in 100-degree heat and 47 minutes of strength training.

Karjoy
- I hope you are feeling better.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 07-25-22, 12:20 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I am feeling better from Covid but honestly it was pretty brutal. I am working from home doing telemeds. Now DH is sick too, and in bed. Not surprising.

I had severe upper back pain, headache, and severe fatigue. I had a temp of 100.6. I can tell today I am turning the corner. I won’t try to exercise till probably Friday but we will see. One day at a time.

Jbliff you guys are hotter than we are down here and that’s saying something. Hey isn’t it cool that a Dane won The Tour de France? I follow track and field and we Americans have done great at the World Championships in Oregon.

Have a good Monday all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 12:10 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes of Body Combat + 20 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Sorry to hear you had a hard time of it over the weekend. I hope you are continuing to improve today. Jonas Vingegaard who won the Tour actually came in second last year so he's very good and had the best team in the race. The guy who came in second had won the past 2 years but his team was weaker and during the 3 weeks of the Tour, he lost half the team to injury or COVID.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 07-26-22, 08:47 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys, slowly making progress with Covid and yesterday and today felt a bit better. This is the weirdest virus though. The flu is acute and short lived for the most part but with Covid you can feel bad for 10 days or more. No way could I exercise. I hope to maybe feel like a short walk this weekend. Appetite down. Sense of smell ok mostly. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Gosh I hope we have a more variant specific formula this fall. Omicron 5 is just blowing through like a wolf boar no matter how many shots you have had.

Jbliff so the Tour de France second place finisher lost people to Covid as well as injury? Wow. Do you know what the hottest stage was?

I have a patient who basically is a world renowned economist and expert witness. Works at a local think tank. Early on in Covid, like March 2020, an epidemiologist spoke to her company and told them best projections were that Covid would last 4 years. Since we are almost at 3 years I believe it.
Old 07-27-22, 07:03 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk in town + 45 minutes of strength training.

Karjoy - My sister got COVID and her symptoms sounded like yours, except food tasted terrible to her. When I went for a checkup this month, my doctor actually told me to hold off on a second booster because it wasn't that effective and wait for the new vaccine. Hopefully we will get it early fall, as I have a trip planned in November and I'll have to fly. For sure I won't fly without a booster.

In the Tour de France, teams test their riders and support staff every day. As soon as someone tests positive, they are out of the Tour, whether or not they have symptoms. This is actually better than last year when the entire team had to leave if two or more people on the team test positive (even if the sick people are not riders). This year, quite a few teams lost their riders through positive tests. I think only one team was unscathed. The hottest stage was stage 15, 202K in distance. I believe the ambient temperature hit 100+ degrees F and the asphalt temperature was 140-160 degrees. Riders were pouring water over their head and riding with ice packs on their neck. It was miserable for them. Some riders actually got sick during the stage and had to abandon. Elite cyclists are unbelievable endurance athletes.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 07-27-22, 08:12 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff I was just thinking about getting the second booster when this happened. But I had been holding off just as your doctor suggested, hoping that not too long from now we would have a variant specific booster. I don’t regret my decision as I know people who have had 4 shots and still got sick. My sense of smell and taste are not gone but are somewhat dulled.

Tour de France cyclists have got to some of the toughest athletes of all tube. They are incredible. Makes sense to get + riders and staff off the team. Protects everyone around them.

I think I will return to light exercise Friday or Saturday. Night all.
Old 07-28-22, 06:55 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Body Combat + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Glad to hear you might be up for some light exercise in the next couple of days.

We are back to having seasonal weather --90 degrees. I'm glad for the slight cooldown.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 07-28-22, 08:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I’m feeling almost back to normal so I think I will try a brief walk/run on the treadmill tomorrow. Probably just 20 minutes.

Florida’s official Covid numbers come out tomorrow. We have been getting updates just every 2 weeks for some months, our governor’s decision. That’s a long time between data updates. Maybe we have hit the peak. I hope so.

Ya’ll, knock on wood, but there have been very few hurricanes this season. It’s kinda scary because the peak will be here in early September and that’s only about a month away. It’s just weird. I hope we don’t get several close together. So unpredictable.

Night all.
Old 07-29-22, 05:17 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Lower body strength + 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Great news about your feeling better. I read today that the federal government will be rolling out the new COVID booster in September so that's pretty good to know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you re hurricanes!

We've had weird weather here lately. Lots of rain and wind. We even lost power for a few hours the other day.

Have a great day, all.