Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-20-22, 09:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: about 48 minutes on the treadmill tonight.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 09:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I am so happy the gait analysis told you say no to the knife! Yes! Will read your checkin more thoroughly tomorrow.
Old 07-21-22, 07:17 AM  
Vantreesta

I am looking forward to a quiet wknd. Last week I got home from IN on Tuesday, left Friday evening for my FIL's and came home Sunday, then Monday I had an appt an hour away from home and groceries took up that afternoon, yesterday the appt was an hour away and tmrw is just an oil change in my town but still, another thing to wreck my morning routine! Yesterday I never got in a real workout, just two toe yoga sessions and some ball massage. I was so tired I even took a nap in the afternoon.

Karen, I'm glad the pedorthist agreed about surgery yesterday too. Even if the second podiatrist next month recommends surgery too, I am 99% sure I will not be doing it. The left foot has been this way since before 2009 so I can't see any harm in taking a year to see if I can manage it on my own and then reassess.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 04:40 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. I finally got back on the exercise bandwagon yesterday. My workout was 42 minutes of strength training + 45 minutes of yoga.

Vannie - That gait analysis sounded really detailed. That's great the recommendation was not to get surgery. It seems like a good idea to see if you can manage the issue on your own with the recommendations you received.

Gibbee
- Great to see your post. I'm so sorry to hear you got COVID. Sounds like it was a mild case.

Karjoy - I've been watching the Tour de France and one day the riders had to ride 120 miles in 100+ degree heat. It was brutal.

Have a great day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 08:35 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I had time to really digest your gait analysis and I was impressed! It really seems pretty thorough. I believe in surgery as a last resort so it’s great that she is recommending custom orthotics. Of course a surgeon is going to want to cut on you as that’s what they are trained to do, and I mean no disrespect by that. “Surgeons like to surge” is an old saying in medicine.

Jbliff do they let them ride without helmets on the Tour during really hot days? I heard that somewhere. Bike helmets hold on a lot of heat even though they are vented.

Went to Burn for legs tonight. Lots of band work which I like.
Old 07-21-22, 10:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Thu 7/21 166 minutes
6 minutes from 1 session toe yoga)
60 minutes (from pulling weeds)
30 minutes (from 2.14 mi for 10k trainer wk1 day2/Zombies Run S3M52)
29 minutes (from D. Siebers Slim Series Cool It Off Express)
41 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.07 mi)

I'm tired tonight! I think the last couple weeks is catching up to me and I'm unbelievably heading to bed shortly.

Gibbee, I hope you're fully recovered from covid. So far hubby and I have avoided it but almost everyone we know as far as friends and family have had it at least once.

I was pretty happy with the pedorthist's assessment yesterday. I feel like my PT was expecting me to end up with different shoes now, which is what I was kind of expecting plus running on the treadmill but I trusted this lady much more than the first podiatrist! I decided to pick up another set of the heel straightener inserts since I found some on Amazon for half the price. I know with the orthotics I will have to constantly switch them to different shoes bc they're so expensive but at least now I can pretty much leave the heel ones in my main running shoes and walking shoes. I hope she only meant I need padded socks for running and jumping bc I wear Halloween socks all year long and I don't think those come in padded!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-22, 04:38 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 60 minutes of Body Combat #61.

Karjoy - Helmets have not been optional since 2005, when a cyclist died after falling and hitting his head. The worst thing is about the heat wave during the Tour is the heat from the road could get over 140 degrees F so this week the organizers had to spray the road with water along the race route to cool down the asphalt so it wouldn't melt.

Vannie - Great that you have a plan going forward.

Waves to everyone. Stay cool.
Old 07-22-22, 05:29 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I had cataract surgery left eye this morning so I am resting today and have to take several more days off from running and a week or more for heavier lifting. It all went well, I have minimal pain and my vision is clearing. Will do the R eye Aug 18. Probably will take a short no hilly walk tomorrow.

Vannie So glad you feel good about the pedorthist’s evaluation and will have access to multiple orthotics for different shoes. Is walking better than running for you? I prefer thinner socks for running but many of my friends swear by pricy padded socks and say it makes a big difference.

Jbliff I forgot about that guy that died of a head injury on the tour. I always wear a helmet on my bike. Every single time. Thank goodness the Tour riders have access to great medical care and people who help with their hydration and nutrition.
Old 07-23-22, 07:07 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Body Pump + 15 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Glad the cataract surgery went well and you're already posting! I had mine done a few years ago and it all went extremely well too. The Tour riders definitely have the best support but it's still unbelievably grueling.

We'll be hitting 99 degrees today and 100 tomorrow. DH tried to go for a walk yesterday and came back after 15 minutes. It was so hot!

Waves to everyone. Have a good weekend.
Old 07-23-22, 06:30 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Just found out I am Covid +. I have been so careful for so long, but I guess it is just my turn. Thankfully NO symptoms at all yesterday for the surgery and of course they took vital signs which were fine and without fever. Could have still been incubating it though so of course I will call them Mon morning. I have a temp of 100.4 and body aches. Wish me luck! I’m going to bed.