Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-22, 08:14 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 4 Moderate Weights (27 min) followed by Yin Yoga upper body by YoginniMelbourne (35 min).

We had a nice day, we flew to El Monte today and had lunch at Annia's, DH got to discuss some work with the plane mechanics there. I got some work done on the quilt in the afternoon.

Anita, I'd celebrate a rainy day here too. I do hope you were able to get a nice walk in and enjoy the clean, fresh air. I suspect your neighbors will find the money for tree trimming if one comes down on their house. I'm lucky in that the association does most of the landscaping and I'm grateful tree trimming is one of the things they are responsible for. They do have arborists evaluate all the trees on the property and do what's needed every year. I can just putter with my fllowers.

Laura, glad you were able to slow down and have an enjoyable lunch with your parents. Polly strolling through like she owns the place sounds about right for a cat. Sounds like you and Anita both got a nice air cleaning rain, I envy you that. We did have a beautiful sky today lots of mare's tails in a deep blue sky. It was striking when we were in El Monte with the mountains in the background.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 07:45 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

We got some good rain here yesterday - no flooding, just a good soaker! We might get some random showers in the next few days also. I'm loving the cooler weather also - no 90s in the next week! I've got nothing officially planned today, but I'll get out and go for a walk and might stop by a grocery store for some stuff.

Laura, so what did you pick up for lunch? Sounds like your weather is similar to ours - celebrate it!

Paula, glad your trees are regularly taken care of - I have tree people in just about every year to take care of what I have left on my yard - used to be 4, now just 2. I do get some neighbor's trees going over my property line trimmed also. I'm just hoping the rains help resurrect some plants that have been very dry and dying - my spirea in the front yard are already sending out new leaves on their stems, but nothing progressing on another bush .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 09:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a beautiful day here, sunny with low humidity and temperatures 8 degrees less than what it was earlier in the week. It should be a lazy day here; we have nothing on the calendar and no big projects. I guess I'll see what we get into.

Anita - We picked up Chinese food from the Asian fusion restaurant we like. I had candy walnut shrimp. It sounds like we have similar weather and like we will have similar days.

Paula - It's aggravating when you just don't get the rain you need. I hope you get some soon. It's good you got to go somewhere with time left over to work on the quilt. I hope you find more time for it this weekend.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 08:53 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was an oldie but goodie, Jane Fonda Start Up (25 min) followed by Pahla B Body Shaping Day 5 Core (18 min).

Today was my quilt group. I got alot done and enjoyed spending time with my quilting friends.

Anita, nice to have a good soaking rain. I hope your plants start to perk up. Mine always look like they're smiling after a rain. I'm assuming once you move the co-op association will care for the landscaping and you, like me, can just putz with the things you plant.

Laura, glad you're getting a lazy day. It was sounding as though you were as busy as when you were working there for a while. Hope you were able to find something fun to do. Just enjoying the cooler temps counts.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-22, 09:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Aww, Paula, you are too kind. I don't feel very inspiring most days!

Here's a toe yoga video I have saved. https://youtu.be/jlttjF0OSx0 I haven't actually done this one yet but I do some of the same things. I do two rounds per foot, 10 reps each (per round): lift big toe only, lift all but big toe, lift only center three toes, then lift all toes & place down one at a time (I have only started at the little toe, not the big one) and then spread the toes for 5 sec hold then squeeze like a fist for a 5 sec hold. I'm trying to do it in the morning and at night.

I also saved this bunion exercise video I thought looked good but haven't done yet.https://youtu.be/I328kaMVRyY

The first week of Aug was great for workouts. This past week not so much. Tue was just toe yoga and PT stretches, Wed just toe yoga, Thu just a run (no warmup stuff or stretch after...very naughty!) and toe yoga, Fri just toe yoga. And Cyric's walks every day. Next week I will do better!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote