Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-17-21, 08:26 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of October 17

Good morning everyone. My workout yesterday was a 60-minute walk with DH in the morning and Perfect 30 Yoga in the afternoon.

We had a low of 46 degrees last night. It was lovely. Our highs for the next few days will be in the 60s. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather.

Waves to all. Have a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 08:26 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff we went down to 53 degrees last night and it was glorious! High was about 75 and low humidity. This is weather we dream of. Heather and I ran/walked 6 miles in that wonderful coolness. She lives in a very hilly neighborhood and it was beautiful as the sun came up. Be said we should ask for this weather every day.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Was it sunny for your walk Jbliff?
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 06:56 AM  
Cher

Got back from the cabin yesterday. Had a nice time. Probably the last time I will be up until next year. My dad is probably going to winterize next weekend or the following.

Exercise has been awful this past week. Fresh start Monday today.

Karen & JBliff - This morning our temp is 43 degrees. Coolest it’s been in a long time! Our high has been in the 50’s with some sun. Not too bad,
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 05:16 AM  
Cher

Finally did a workout yesterday and it actually didn’t feel like total dread the whole time. Must’ve just been the day. I did a Leslie Mile, ICE Metabolic Total Body TS Mish Mosh premix and then put in ICE To The Mat and did a few exercises from it, then stretch.

I saw that Cathe is going to announce the next workout series at the Halloween Road Trip. Anyone here doing her Road Trip?
Old 10-19-21, 08:44 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Boxing/Legs & Glutes + 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - Sounds like you had a good workout to start the week. I'm curious to know what the new series will be and when it will be released.

Karjoy - We've had nice sunny days here. It got down to 39 overnight last night but we should be back in the 70s during the day. Great weather!

Waves to all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 02:36 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm adding my own creation for a Halloween workout.

My idea was to do the workout to Thriller, 2-4 rounds. One round is 40 sec work/20 sec rest, 30 sec work/30 sec rest, 20 sec work/10 sec rest, with 30 sec rest between rounds. (Hope I explained that like I meant it.)

Thrusters
Hand to hand kettlebell swings
Reverse lunges
Inverted rows
Lateral lunges
Lat (ribcage) pullovers
Elevated pushups
Renegade rows

I'm planning to do this one and The Pumpkin Workout by Kindal Boyle ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJKN...dWRhj1&index=4) on Halloween (or possibly the day before since I don't usually workout on Sundays and may just binge horror movies that day).
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 07:26 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys, went to Burn Boot Camp for total body strength. They do some really cool stuff. One fun move was a type of pike. You lie down with your head next to a floor to ceiling steel beam. This is an area where you can do pull-ups and where they have straps similar to TRX set up. Around the bottom of the beam they have tied these super heavy duty rubber straps. You lie on your back put your heels in the looped strap, grab the bar with hands over your head and do pikes with your legs. So cool, and your hamstrings get worked as well as your abs.

Vannie your Thriller workout looks very good. Gosh you are creative. What are thrusters again? Are they Burpee variations? What are your favorite horror movies to binge?

Jbliff I’m anxious to see what the new workout series will be too. Do you think the picture of the dumbbellls means anything?

Cher I figured you would soon be getting to the end of going to the cabin season.
Does your Dad have to do do a lot of work to winterize?

Waves to Gibbee.
Old 10-20-21, 06:53 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Imax 4 modified the first 5 blasts and skipped the last 5 blasts and did the extended stretch.

Tomorrow I have to take my sister to the hospital for an outpatient procedure to try to help her back pain. Her boyfriend usually goes with her to a lot of appointments but he had a major surgery last Thursday. They found a mass on his Thymus which is a gland under your chest wall. They had to cut his chest bone to remove it. He just went home from the hospital on Monday. They found out later that it was cancer but they were able to remove it all so he should be okay after his long recovery. They said they will have to monitor him for 10 years.

Karen - Wow, quite a workout! To winterize the cabin, all the water lines have to be blown out from all 3 cabins and the pump for the well, plus all the water out of all the toilets. He is going to do the 2 little cabins next weekend (one of them we stay in) and he will do their big cabin and pump probably the following weekend. If my dad decides he needs DH to help with the big cabin and well, we will go back up and help but I think one of the neighbors is going to help him.
Old 10-20-21, 09:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by karjoy View Post
Hey guys, went to Burn Boot Camp for total body strength. They do some really cool stuff. One fun move was a type of pike. You lie down with your head next to a floor to ceiling steel beam. This is an area where you can do pull-ups and where they have straps similar to TRX set up. Around the bottom of the beam they have tied these super heavy duty rubber straps. You lie on your back put your heels in the looped strap, grab the bar with hands over your head and do pikes with your legs. So cool, and your hamstrings get worked as well as your abs.

Vannie your Thriller workout looks very good. Gosh you are creative. What are thrusters again? Are they Burpee variations? What are your favorite horror movies to binge?

Jbliff I’m anxious to see what the new workout series will be too. Do you think the picture of the dumbbellls means anything?

Cher I figured you would soon be getting to the end of going to the cabin season.
Does your Dad have to do do a lot of work to winterize?

Waves to Gibbee.
Thanks! I have been looking at Halloween workouts excessively the last couple months and felt inspired. A thruster is basically a squat into overhead press using any form of weight: barbell, dumbbell(s), kettlebell(s), med ball.

Most of the movies I make sure to watch every year aren't actually horror, but I do like to watch Michael Myers Halloween every year. I'd like to get the whole set on DVD. I have a bunch of recent horror movies that I have bought the past few years but not actually watched yet bc the last couple years I have recorded so many that I had to keep watching those before the DVR filled up. This year TNT is replaying the entire Supernatural series, which I have never seen, so I'm recording all of them instead of movies and will be able to watch my DVDs this year! Looking forward to the Conjuring/Annabelle movies finally.

That banded pike exercise sounded really cool!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 09:02 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: 50 minute treadmill workout with some HIIT intervals. Night!