Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-21, 07:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Sunday:
~Jessica’s 360 Abs
~PT exercises
~Balanced Life Resistance Band Workout (YT)

Today:
~Essentrics TV: Jenny’s live The Strength ofFlexibility
~PT exercises
~The Balanced Life 5 Min Arms (YT)

Linda - I love Miranda, she’s brilliant, but I’m not a big fan of her workouts, too much chat & not enough cuing. I’m always focused on cuing as I take it into my own classes. The method has changed a lot over the years and during my teacher training I focused on the newer workouts. I’ve always loved Gail Garceau & lately I’m into the newer instructors on ETV….Dyan DeCastro, Lauren Finklestein, & Jenny Bertrand. Lauren did my level 2 exam & Jenny did my level 4.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 08:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

For those of you who are more advanced with the pilates method than I am, you might enjoy this workout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6mM...MVMTWithCailin. The setting is absolutely beautiful.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Yesterday after work I took my doggie for a walk - it was cooler so she walked faster and so did I!

Today was:

Ellen - Prayer Flow
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis 2 and Sciatica Routine

I don't know of it is a coincidence or what - but my back started to feel better after doing the Scoliosis practices. It was feeling better already but that seemed to improve it even more. I guess a sign I need to do those more often?

Carol - lovely setting!! Also, good workouts, Kayleigh is on my list to try - both her strength and her spin workouts. I don't have a spin bike but I was thinking I could use my recumbent, mainly using her for "company" while I bike if that makes sense.

Linda - the Muscle Chains episode in Season 4 is one of my favorites!

I actually don't mind Miranda too much at all - maybe b/c I started with her I don't really mind her rambling and getting off track sometimes?

I have enjoyed the new instructors too when I have subscribed to their streaming.

Pam - Nice workouts!!

Dana - I tend to avoid chair workouts b/c I sit all day as it is - but I bet you could modify those to standing....

Hope everyone has a good day - lovely fall weather here!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 05:38 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Barlates - Gentle Home Workouts - Walking - 27 minutes; Ballet Based Movement - 30 Day Ballet Experience - Day 4 - 28 minutes

The Barlates walking workout wasn't anything special. Linda used light weights for one segment. The entire workout felt a little awkward - I don't know if it was the cueing, not always being on the beat or what. But I needed some cardio.

Day 4 of the 4 Week Ballet Experience was just a slightly shorter version of Day 2. It was still enjoyable even though it was a repeat.

Donna - Kaleigh's workout was good. I actually thought of you because I know you aren't a fan of weight work, but know you need to squeeze some in here and there. You might be able to tolerate these 15 and 20 minute series. I am going to try to include 2 or 3 of her weight workouts each week. My problem is too many workouts I want to do and not enough time...

Pam - Miranda drives me absolutely nuts. As much as I'd like to like classical stretch and as many times as I've tried, I just can't get past her ditsyness.

Dana - I've done a couple of those chair workouts from Chris' channel and ended up liking them way more than I thought I would. I believe I've done the Strength one a couple of times and maybe the Conditioning one. I liked what I did well enough to decide that if she ever released the Chair workouts themselves on DVD I would buy it. And I'm not a Chair workout person (except for chair yoga).

Carol
Old 10-20-21, 07:19 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just finished:

GHUTV Core Off the Floor - 30min
GHUTV Interval Walk 2 - 35min

I'll probably have to limit my cardio/walking workouts to no more than 2 per week. My knee started bothering me again this morning. I don't know if it's because of the repetitive and continuous movement for 30min or it's because we're supposed to get some rain tonight and it's just a plain old arthritis. Either way, I'm not taking any chances and will start Voltaren again this morning and will use it for a few days. It worked like magic for me last time. (Thanks, Carol!)

Donna and Carol, I previewed Chris' Chair Strength workout in full and yes, I can definitely modify it by standing. I really liked the upper body work and it looked tough! I can see doing this workout should my knee get worse and I need to sit. In fact, I may try it tomorrow in order to ease off using my knee.

I have to go to the office today. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-20-21, 08:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got an evening walk in w/ my Golden. The cooler weather has her walking faster. I was honestly a little worried about her slowing down - but I think it was just too hot for her. She will be 9 1/2 in December, so not a puppy!

I also did a 20 min yoga for your lunch break w/ Adriene. I think I may have over done something in that practice though - more on that later..

Today was:

Ellen - Upper Body Blast

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Practice # 1 and Sciatica Practice

Both of Jessica's were helpful.

I think I may have overdid it a bit w/ the yoga - I think it was the yoga squat which I can do but it may have been too much for me right now. So I feel like I took a small step back.

The scoliosis practices do help me - I do have some scoliosis in my spine that causes my hip to hike up on one side.

I think my grand plan for the rest of the year is rehab. I am thinking about doing Jessica Valent's post partum plan - I know - my "baby" is 18, but it looks gentle and good for someone who needs to be mindful of their pelvic stability. She has a prolapse program as well and there is quite a bit of overlap between the two - so I may pick and choose between those two programs. After that I think I may do her Pilates Jumpstart and then by January I hope to be better. NO MORE Pahla B. I suppose I can listen to her podcasts, though.

Carol - that is what I was thinking about Kayleigh - I can even do them on my lunch break at work. BTW, the grand plan for the foreseeable future is pretty much 100% telework, with the exception of going in once every two weeks for an in-person team meeting. I can certainly live with that and I have no problem working from home and potentially losing my office space. I'm good w/ "hoteling" on the days I have to go in.

Dana - always something! I hope your knee settles down.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-20-21, 07:39 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Walk - 40 minutes;
Trifecta Pilates - Vertical Pilates Routine - 25 minutes
This was a tough workout - at least it was in places. The first 15 minutes or so was work done against the wall - which showed me how inflexible my spine and upper body are. I think of myself as having good posture, but I think it must not be as good as I think it is. The last 10 minutes or so was light weight work for the upper body.

Carol
Old 10-21-21, 07:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did two dog walks - the weather is just perfect....

Today, so far has been:

Leslie - 20 Min Walk from Burn Fat Fast DVD - I wanted to test the waters on indoor walking/cardio and decided 20 min should work. So far, so good.

Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility Routine and Hip Pain Routine - both of these were helpful!

Carol - that workout from Trifecta sounds interesting! I think when she opens up her membership again I will give it another try.

Hoping for more outdoor walks today.

Take care!

Donna
Old 10-21-21, 06:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Chair June Live Workout - 40 minutes

This was a Beginner level workout, but Beth kept it interesting. Good use of the chair with some challenging for me exercises. This was not a workout that was done primarily seated in the chair. Other props used in the workout included ankle weights and light hand weights. Some standing work, a little bit of seated work, some mat work and then back to standing. Head to toe workout. This workout was done voiceover.

Carol
Old 10-22-21, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday!

Yesterday I did get my dog walk in.

Today, so far has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine

Carol - I like the way Beth incorporates a lot of different props into her workouts - it keeps it interesting!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna