Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-12, 11:59 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I wonder if there's anything magic in the cardio they offer. I'd prefer to do my own cardio (unless I REALLY like theirs). If I do the same intensity cardio on the same day, I don't see why it would make a difference in the results.
Joni, I have only done Cardio Tactics 1 and reviewed the Kickboxing DVD. I would say there is nothing 'magical' about their cardio workouts and you would be fine to sub your own cardio.

I also took their recommended rotation and put it in a excel spreadsheet and then created my own rotation spreadsheet to suit my preference. My rotation is still close to theirs, but I re-arranged some of the schedule to meet my workout schedule. I also took the fifth week and declared it the week to do my own rotation of whatever I desire. This keeps me from getting too burned out on a 90-day rotation.
Old 10-04-12, 02:47 PM  
cam522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I was showing this set to my husband. Who has done these?

Supreme 90
P90X
Metrex-180

that can compaire. I want to know if Metrex-180 is slower in intensity then P90x? I was trying to say to my husband he could probably do those and my reply was, *looks like the same exercises Tony Horton does*.

I said, well there is only so many changes you can do. And my reason for asking was to see if maybe he could do these because He can't do, not up to P90x Speed. And neither am I.
I have all 3 systems and have done all of them for at least one month with the exception of MET Rx. They are all similar yet different at the same time and it's not just the workouts it's the instructors. I like the Tony's alot, but I LOVE Frank, he is so motivating, I actually felt like he was my personal trainer -- I wish!!

With Supreme 90 I felt rushed with all of the workouts especially with the Chest & Back workout, I had to press pause alot.

P90X everyone is working at their own pace and their own reps, with MET Rx everyone is doing the same amount of reps but with different weights and one is using tubing.

Anyone can do this program, it's so flexible all you need to do is use wieghts that can push you.

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 02:56 PM  
cam522

The Kickboxing workout isn't all that bad, Kim is a little rough around the edges but it's still a good workout - kinda short around 35 minutes or so. It's paced as well so I never felt rushed but I did sweat.

Another thing is the Advanced Abs workout is without a doubt one of the best I have done, my stomach still aches from doing it.

Vitamin World has them in the store for $119.95 with $20 off in store coupon so the total is $99.95.

...Cheryl
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 04:41 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Joni - I will get you the worksheets.

As far as rep counts I agree that Frank and the gang are off a few reps occasionally especially in the total body workouts. He is much better in the pyramids though. I, too, start before Frank does and it works out. The kickboxing workout looked unappealing on preview but I did enjoy actually doing it so give it a whirl at least once. I have occasionally subbed Cathe or other cardio to keep it fresh. If I do it again I will either cut the phases to 3 weeks each or put a week between phases or both. I am enjoying phase 3 the most... I like the pump from tri sets, etc.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 07:43 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'll be heading to Vitamin World tomorrow. I wonder if the 90-day return policy is valid there
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 07:48 PM  
ssa438
VF Supporter

FX1125 still works & free shipping

FYI it looks like the coupon code posted in the bargain watch for 25 off still works FX1125, and there is still free shipping.
ssa438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 04:55 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Joni did you get yours today? I was thinking about this a lot today.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 05:59 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I printed out the $20 coupon and drove to the new Vitamin World near my house - only to realize it's a Vitamin Shoppe! There's a Vitamin World in a mall about 12 miles from me, but the time of day was bad for traffic. I called and they do have it in stock and I'm going tomorrow
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 06:12 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Okay. Just checkin on ya to see how it was for you. I looked at it again and those girls seem to be going faster then the guys in their section so I'm second my thoughts about it.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-12, 11:38 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam522 View Post
No, I followed the program as is, but I did do Pilates or Yoga once a week. Also, I did have a stress fracture half way through so I was unable to do the Cardio Tactics workout so I substituted the elliptical and just started to get back into light running last week.

...Cheryl
Did you get a stress fracture from doing this system?
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180, s90, vitamin world