Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-23, 01:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! I think I'm back in the land of the living now. I haven't felt great since Thursday afternoon, and yesterday I barely even left the couch. My stomach feels better now (pretty sure everything just got off track with traveling and eating poorly on the road), just have the remainder of a headache from not drinking enough yesterday. Really hoping to get back to routine on Monday. Poor Cyric hardly got any attention yesterday and no walks. He is the most patient dog!

I didn't do a whole lot for activity in AZ, besides walks with Cyric (and sometimes Dad) and my foot exercises (but not every day). Dad and I hoed the weeds out of our little family cemetery one day, my aunt and I walked about 6 miles one day, and she and I went to the Ren Fest last Saturday. It's so weird going not in garb! But we had a really nice day. and I bought a scarf and necklace and 3 more spiders. No rings, which is shocking! Otherwise Dad and I hung out, mostly watching TV (including rewatching the entire Longmire series, which we both love) and movies. We had a get together for my grandma's 88th birthday and I spent a few days with her over the course of my visit. She has Parkinson's, which is getting worse, and she's also starting to show signs of dementia. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with her. We also had supper with my brother and his family a couple times. It was a really good trip, and I'm so glad I have the freedom to spend that much time when I go. The trip was delayed a couple days bc of the snowstorm here. I drove in horrific wind with gusts up to like 70 across New Mexico but otherwise the drive out there was fine. On my way home I had snow/rain mix in New Mexico and rain in Iowa but nothing bad at all. I really enjoy road trips but it's always nice to get off the road for the day. I listened to music, podcasts and baseball while I drove. Cyric is the best traveler you could ask for. Even easier than humans! Although since he doesn't talk back he doesn't help much if I get sleepy. Anyway, I had planned to only be there two weeks but a couple days before I was set to head home hubby and I talked and decided I should stay a few extra days to see everyone, especially Grandma, more and I'm so glad we decided that. All the same, it was really good to get home and see him after so long away.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 02:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Vannie: I got 4k download. Downloading Cee's PPL program right now! So excited! Did you see her newest 30 minute upper body workout? 3 trisets, 3 sets, 12 reps. Can't wait to try it.
So I decided to download the Advanced program since the workouts are shorter and she'll be taking that program down. I have no idea why I'm downloading these when I have so many DVDs! FOMO I guess!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-25-23, 06:27 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I went to Burn today and it was supposed to be Total Body Strength but they also threw cardio in too which was fine. At least I got in chest and back which is what I wanted.

Vannie I read about your trip and will reread it tomorrow. Sounds like good family fun. Oh, about our weird hotel from my last marathon a year ago. The event took place in a smallish town in Ga named Albany. Reserved our hotel kinda late and in a small town there are fewer choices. It sounded ok but when we got there it was in a dubious part of town and there was a lot of loud noise and it was very run down. There was peeling wallpaper, damaged baseboards, old furnishings etc. My friend Judi declared there were no bedbugs after checking. The beds were double and not queen sized. And here is the craziest thing of all: 2 of our friends shared this small room. They had accidentally made a reservation for a room in Albany, NY. and did not discover the mistake till the last minute. It’s funny now!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 05:59 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Ran about 35 min on the treadmill last night. I am
so engrossed in Outlanders running on the mill works out just fine.
Old 03-28-23, 07:40 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Burn Boot Camp fort total body today. We even attempted some handstands with feet on the wall. I got partially there and that’s enough for me!
Old 03-29-23, 12:29 PM  
Vantreesta

I forgot to post my workouts yesterday! Not much but the important thing is I showed up! I did day 14 of David O's Fresh Start yoga challenge, but it was just meditation so doesn't count toward workout minutes. Then I did day 14 of Kegel Camp and then this core workout by Dr. Kristie Ennis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiY7...ndex=57&t=279s It was tough and I liked it a lot! I had much more planned but I was too hungry to keep going. Did some decluttering stuff after lunch.

My abs and hamstrings are sore from the foam roller workout.

Old 03-30-23, 08:27 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a barre workout using lighter weights + 15 minutes of yoga.

Vannie - That foam roller workout looked really good.

Have a great day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-23, 07:46 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I seemed to have been in a workout funk the last 2 days so I took them off from exercise. I was not physically burned out, just mentally. Could not find a lick of enthusiasm for anything. Hopefully back on track this weekend. It’s been such beautiful weather—maybe I have spring fever.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 03-31-23, 10:19 AM  
Vantreesta

Keep forgetting to post my workouts.

Wed 3/29 107 minutes
20 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)
3 minutes (from Belly Dancer Diaries -100 Day Dance Challenge Day 1 Build a Strong Shimmy Technique, YT) 1st time
27 minutes (from PT strength exercises level 1 + stretch)
11 minutes (from Jump Rope Dudes -At Home Jump Rope Recovery Yoga, YT)
49 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.02 mi)

Thu 3/30 96 minutes MLB OPENING DAY!!!! and both my teams won!
12 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 14 -Lower Body Mini Band Workout, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from K. Ennis Butt And Thigh Workout At Home, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 14 Stretch, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 14-dangling pose, YT) 1st time
38 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.5 mi)

Old 03-31-23, 06:21 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Vannie: Sounds like you enjoyed your time in AZ. I have downloaded pretty much all of Cee's workouts that I can. Like you I think it's FOMO. But honestly, she deleted two programs/series/whatever that were excellent.

Check in: So this week I have managed to do 3 of Cee's new workouts from her new split series. So upper body 1 (U1), lower body 1 (L1) and upper body 2 (U2). So far so good. Pretty good although I wish she did the trisets for 3 rounds instead of two each. The second new lower body workout comes out tomorrow.

Moving mom in two weeks (hopefully) to independent living. So pretty busy over here.

Waves to Karen, Jbliff, Cher, T2B!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote