Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-23, 07:49 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I’m resting today. I did not sleep well last night and feel sluggish. Last night I ran about 35 minutes on the treadmill. Tomorrow will be Burn Total Body, my favorite workout.

I think it got to 87 degrees today but thank goodness, starting tonight it will be cooler, and the daytime high should be around 70.

I think Chris and I are going to try to sign up for the Cathe trip. Signup starts this
Friday.

Night all.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 08:18 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 52 minutes on the elliptical + 20 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - 87 is awfully hot for early March. Glad it's cooling off some. How fun that you will be going to Cathe's road trip. I hope she'll be all recovered by then.

I wonder when STS 2.0 will be shipped. Sounds like we might not get them until at least April.

Waves!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-23, 09:19 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: Burn Total Body strength and 20 minutes on the treadmill. That was actually a good combo.
Old 03-09-23, 01:25 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was STS Total Body no abs premix.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 03-09-23, 09:00 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

40 minutes on the treadmill for me tonight. I’m liking the treadmill more and more mainly because I don’t have to deal with any crazy weather.

I have had 2 patients this week fall off their roofs while removing leaves! They were pretty badly hurt and hospitalized but will be ok.

Stay away from your roof!
Old 03-10-23, 06:52 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- Speaking of roofs, we needed to fix the gutters on our roof (and we live in a 4-story home--about 50 feet high) so we hired someone to do it. DH thought about it but decided it was wiser to get a professional . BTW, good luck signing up for the Cathe road trip today.

We are having a slight cooldown this week so it's been kind of nice.

Have a great day.
Old 03-10-23, 10:15 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I went to Burn for upper body today. I almost talked myself out of it but I am always glad when I go and feel so much better afterward.

I did not sign up for the Cathe trip. Chris does not want to go and it does not seem as much fun without a friend. Gibbee, I think I heard you say somewhere that you are not going. I’d that true? I know it would be lots of fun though.

We had a really bad storm this afternoon. I think there may have been a tornado
nearby. There is an elementary school right down the street. Lightning struck a tree which fell onto a powerline. This started a fire. And school was. Still in session. �� Fortunatrly no one was hurt. Our power was off a few hours but we have a backup generator thank heavens.

Vannie where are you?��❤️��

Happy weekend all.
Old 03-11-23, 01:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, Karen! I'm fine, thanks for asking. Just spending some quality family time and not online as much right now. No workouts, just dog walks and still doing my foot exercises. We have rewatched the entire Longmire series! I enjoy it but am glad I'm usually more active. But sometimes a break is nice. I plan to get back to doing my PT and start running again in a week or two.

Scary about the power line fire and people falling off roofs! Yikes! Bummer about not doing the Cathe road trip. I'm sure they are fun but it's so outside my comfort zone!

JB, I can't imagine a 4 story house! Keeping it clean sounds like a full time job. Good plan hiring pros to get on the roof!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-23, 01:17 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Cathe's Push/Pull + 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Vannie - Good to hear from you. Taking a break from being online is probably a good thing. Trust me, after I clean the house each week, I feel like I've had a good workout .

Karjoy
- I keep thinking about going to the Cathe roadtrip but like you said, unless you're with friends, it seems it wouldn't be as much fun. BTW, I have been loving Netflix since we got it this month. DH and I have been watching the Korean drama Extraordinary Attorney Woo. It's so well done and deals with very topical issues.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
Old 03-12-23, 07:06 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Great to hear from you Vannie! Spending time offline is always a good idea, especially if you are spending time with family and pets. ❤️ We missed you!

I ran on the treadmill yesterday and today did about a 25 minute swim and then ran about 40 minutes. I am thinking about doing a Sprint Triathlon in about a month. We’ll see. I have not committed yet. Now that it is lighter for longer in the evening I can take an occasional short bike ride after work too.

Jbliff I don’t know how you manage to clean a 4 story house every week. That must be one of your hardest workouts! Great job. So glad you got Netflix. They have great offerings and tons of content. I have not watched Extraordinary Attorney Woo but it is now on my list.

Anyone gonna be affected by the Nor’easter heading North?

Vannie do you have a favorite streaming service?

Night all.