Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-14-23, 11:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday all I managed for exercise was LWR's Lose Belly Fat workout. It's a 10 minute youtube routine. The time change really knocked me out. I even took a short nap which I never do. We're having some snow flurries today but it's cold and very windy so hopefully I find the energy for an indoor workout.

NORA, good workouts. I see where Cee is starting a new 30 minute upper/lower splits series next week if you don't like the 20 minute trisets set-up. I'll have to look into that faster train link. We were thinking of travelling up there by train.

CAMBET, good job with Leslie. Oh that movie sounds interesting. Lately I've been watching movies on Netflix or Prime after I read the book. It's been fun. Fortunately we didn't get any snow, just some flurries.
Other areas more north and west got much more apparently. Not complaining.
LOL.

Have a great day!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-23, 08:59 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did 3 Leslie 10 Min Mix & Match Walk Blasters: Dance Walk, Walk, Kick & Jab!, and Tummy Trimmer. Made it to over 10,100 steps for the day.

I'm on a 7-day streak for making it to over 10,000 steps a day. I'm not going to try to go for as long as I did that other time, but it's nice to reach the goal each day. I'm mostly motivated by the fact that I keep overeating (thus, I'm trying to increase my movement), so that's what I actually need to work on.

SB - Great job with the LWR w/o. I'm glad you didn't have to contend with lots of snow. The time change has also been a bit of a struggle for me. Thanks for mentioning the new Cee series; I'm interested, but also kind of thinking if I haven't done her 20 min workouts, what makes me think I'll do 30 mins? . I'll at least check them out. Hope you have a great day!
Old 03-15-23, 09:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I couldn't get myself going yesterday for any exercise. It was brutally windy all day though with snow showers but still. It's still so windy today so it's a little scary walking outside. All kinds of debris is blowing around out there. I must push myself to do something indoors.

CAMBET, yay another streak!! LOL. Well done on getting your steps in though. Leslie has seemed to help you a lot with that. Maybe I'll check out some of her youtube walks since I haven't been feeling up to pulling out dvds lately. I've also been thinking of getting a simple, inexpensive pedometer which may help me get motivated on days when I don't want to do anything. I'm not looking for a fitbit or anything remotely complicated. Any suggestions?

Hi NORA.

Have a great day!
Old 03-15-23, 06:12 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I did a Chalene extreme workout and a 5k walk. Today was yoga class. Also, I did a Petra dance dvd, after Jonio-ing a cathe step.

SB- I don’t mind cee’s 20 minute format because it’s only 20 minutes! As for your walking, we just have to keep remembering that spring is coming.

Cambet, you’re crushing it!

Downhill skiing on the agenda for tomorrow. We got a dump of snow today.
Old 03-16-23, 10:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

43 minute outdoor walk

I really had to push myself out the door to walk yesterday. Between the high winds and low energy from the time change I just wanted to curl up with a book. But I felt much better afterwards. Hoping for another
walk today.

NORA, great consistency and variety with your workouts. I believed spring was coming more in February than I do now in March. LOL Enjoy your skiing day!

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day!
Old 03-17-23, 08:21 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Wednesday I did the 14 min "Classic Walk" from Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down, and later, 50 mins (with my own cool down and stretch) of her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk (with jogging intervals). I finally reached my limit with Leslie talking and put my own music on after the first mile (where she is alone; the rest of the time she is with other walkers and tends to get over the top talky/silly). Made it to over 11,900 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did the 14 min "Sculpt Your Arms" walk from 5 Day Slim Down and later I did Walk and Jog (mostly because, once again, I had overeaten for the day and wanted some calorie points back). Made it to over 10,100 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk. Wow, it sounds like the wind there really has been something to contend with. I would be hard pressed to go outside too, lol, so kudos to you! I'm glad you felt better afterwards, so it made it worth it. I'll say more about your pedometer question later, since I need to get out of here for work soon. I'm so glad the weekend is here!

Nora - Wow, you're doing a great job with your workouts! So much variety; reminds me that I need to mix things up more!

Hope you both have a great day!
Old 03-17-23, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

42 minute outdoor walk

It was a nice spring-like day yesterday, felt good. I almost took my coat off but the breeze brought me back to my senses. I'm visiting my sister today so I'll see if I can fit a walk in or maybe some weights.

CAMBET, oh I see another long streak developing. Just teasing. I don't want to put pressure on you. LOL. You're doing great with your Leslie walks. I'm very tempted. Well you hung in there a good long time with her nonsensical chatter. Well done. I look forward to your pedometer thoughts.

Hi NORA.

Have a great day.
Old 03-18-23, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

LWC 20 Min. W/O #28

Hoping for a walk today.

Waves to all.

Have a great day!
Old 03-19-23, 07:28 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Good morning. It’s a cold one here, but I hope it will warm up enough for a decent walk later. Also, I need to get my third weight wkout of the week in today.

Recent workouts: yoga class and walk yesterday. Big walk on Friday. Ski morning on Thursday and a chalene later that day.

Cambet- I know it’s mid March when I have to start my Loseit app again!

SB- why not just get a Fitbit if you want track steps?
Old 03-19-23, 09:43 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Friday I did the "Slim You Legs" and "Trim Your Tummy" 14-min walks from Leslie's 5 Day Slim Down. I also did some of the "Classic Walk" during the morning. Made it to over 10,500 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did Leslie's 3-Mile AHA Walk late at night. Made it to over 10,000 steps for the day. While I am not necessarily trying to keep a streak going, I am up to 11 days with over 10,000 steps.

While I am glad to be up and moving with Leslie, Nora's posts have reminded me that I am in no way cross-training, and so I would like to do better with that. I'm thinking about it . . . I don't know why I'm having such a hard time getting myself to do something other than cardio.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walks and LWC workout! Nice to hear that y'all got a spring-like day after dealing with snow and wind for several days. About the pedometer. So, I have a good friend who was lamenting that she was inconsistently walking and wanted to do better, so I decided to get her a fitness tracker for the Christmas before last. Since I wasn't sure she'd be into it, I decided to get her the most basic Fitbit, the Inspire. It was around $99 at the time which was more than I wanted to spend. So, I spent a lot of time looking into Fitbit knockoffs. Amazon has a lot of them that are in the $25-50 range, which was more of my price range. I started to get her the Amazfit (Amazon fitness tracker) which was in the $30-40 price range (it's currently $34.99 on Amazon), but I was hesitant to get her a tracker that I was not familiar with. So, I kept my eye on the Inspire and when it went down to price (to around $80), I used my Amazon points to get it for $40. It was a good choice, and my friend really likes it.

The Fitbit Inspire 2 is currently around $55 on Amazon (I think it's down in price because they have come out with an Inspire 3, which costs more). That would be my recommendation, but if you're worried that a Fitbit will be too complicated (it's not! ), or if that is more than you want to spend, there are lots of Fitness trackers, like the Amazfit, in the $19-40 range, which is probably about what you would spend for a good pedometer. I know you don't need trackers to feel motivated to walk, but something to think about!

Nora - You're doing a great job with your workouts and inspiring me to think more about cross-training! I'm still using LoseIt, but mostly these days it's just showing me that I am overeating.

Hope you both have a great day!