Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-27-23, 03:22 PM  
lynnf

Hi, had my PT today. Same guy who did my frozen shoulder, but this time, instead of torture he prescribed ways to ease the pain. Now this I can take. I have exercises to do designed to relief pain for 2 weeks at home and if that works I can up the exercise more then. One is just to have a strap around the shoulder to stabilize it and lift the arm. Another is pulling out a band with the elbow bent and just holding (mild rotator cuff strengthening) and one is just rows with the band and another is rolling a roller up the wall on your elbows (sort of). Really easy. Laying off all upper body. He says probably too many barre 3 shoulder presses did it. He thinks that you should stop shoulder presses just with arms bent to 90 degrees and not go all the way up.

Linda, yes I think it was norovirus, and I don't recommend getting it!

Cheryl, hope your DH is feeling better.

Diana, sounds hard planning for your pastor's fiance, but I bet she will like what you plan.

Cynthia, have a great dinner. Sounds wonderful. Are you feeling better with the vertigo?

F1mom, I have a fluidity bar and it's been in my closet forever. Never seem to use it now. Congrats on all the furniture finds. Sound like great buys!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 07:45 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I did some barre on my own. Too lazy to find a dvd.

Lynn, I'm glad this man isn't going to torture you again. The isometric rotator cuff strengthening is a great exercise until you can do more reps with it. Rolling the roller up the wall is great too. I had a pulley exercise after rotator cuff repair, along with pushing something up the wall instead of rolling it. I liked the pulley exercise so much I bought the pulley at Amazon. After the rotator repair my dr gave me a paper with exercises to strengthen at home so I didn't have to go to PT. There was an exercise I thought was bad but I did it anyway. It didn't do anything bad that I know of but I always felt funny when I did it.

F1mom, you got some very good deals on furniture. I thought about drilling holes in the wall for a barre, too. With my luck I'd pull the barre out of the wall. I used to use the Fluidity Barre a lot. When I got tired of it I put it in the shed for a few years. Now its back and I can tighten up all those areas that barre tightens. Thinking legs and butt. After my SO brought the barre inside he asked three times "what does it do?" It sits there and waits for me to do something. He's all about heavy weights. He'd never get it.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 10:00 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Hi everybody, stayed home today. The weather here was rain off& on, nothing dramatic. But the San Jose choir director sent an email to the Monterey area singers, telling us to stay home b/c of torrential rain, dangerous driving conditions, possible floods... 75 miles away and a different microclimate.

Check-in: walk with Leslie.

My Fluidity barre has been in the garage for years. My living room couch's back is to the entryway, not against a wall, and I use it as a barre. I'm not getting rid of the Fluidity, but it takes more motivation than I have right now. It's a nuisance to fold up and a major space hog otherwise.

Fimom, good to see you again. I think a china cabinet is really grown up. Enjoy your fine dining! I never before heard of melatonin as a migraine trigger. I recently read that you shouldn't mix it with alcohol. I like some alcohol a few times a week -- wine with dinner or a Tito's and tonic. I tried going without melatonin and I'm actually sleeping better.

Lynn, what a relief that your PT has given up torture.

Diana, sounds like a lot of work for the nuptials and I sure hope it's appreciated.

Linda, non-barre people are clueless as to what it is and does. I've given up trying to explain it to people. They either think ballet or stretching and can't imagine anything else.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 11:25 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

F1Mom Good to see you check-in. I do use melatonin. I think cars and trucks leaving early in the morning wake me, too.

Check-In: 40 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 09:28 AM  
lynnf

Audrey Koomar sunset workout. I told my Physical therapist I would stick to cardio and lay off any upper body weight training to concentrate on the shoulder rehab. I did it at home yesterday and am only supposed to do 4 days a week so not today. Though one exercise I do twice a day (if you can call it an exercise -- it's just raising the arm with a strap to keep the shoulder down).

Cynthia, I heard about your rains, though I wondered if you might get snow. DS is getting some in the south too. Stay safe.

Diana, good melatonin works for you. It was a migraine trigger for me too.

Linda, you are clearly a shoulder rehab expert. I should have gone to you and not to PT. I did order the bands to do the shoulder hold down exercise (long thicker rubber band type things) as the flat thin normal wide latex-y things I have, which I tied together are a bit awkward. They are pretty cheap on Amazon. You put the band over your shoulder and under the foot and then raise the arm. After doing it, the pain seems to go down with the overhead lift of the arm. Apparently it gets my shoulder bones to move together better. You probably understand this better than I do.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 11:13 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 9,694

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-28-23, 01:37 PM  
seabliss

Yesterday I had a morning appointment, so I didn't have much time. I did a shoulder workout. Today I did a 30-minute Audrey Koomar low-impact standing hiit workout. It was good. I like the scenery of the sunset one better, but I'll do this one again for variety. I like how you can rev these up a little if you want, go a little faster or march in place between intervals or whatever.

Lynn, hoping the rehab works well. Glad your PT is not torturing you any more!

Cynthia, that's crazy about the rain. Doesn't sound like it would be fun to drive in.

Diana, I have never taken melatonin. The workers around here aren't allowed to make noise until 8 AM, but lately car alarms have been going off for some reason. Really annoys DH, but I'm usually up by then anyway.

Linda, if your guy tried barre exercises he would definitely get it then, haha.

F1Mom, sounds like you scored on the furniture deals. Are you going to refinish anything, or do you like how all the pieces look?
Old 02-28-23, 04:45 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cubii 38 minutes and Quick Callanetics. Been a long time since I worked out with Callan. Felt good. It's nice to have access to my Fluidity Barre again.

Cheryl, I tried to get the man to do some seat and thigh exercises but he wouldn't try because they wouldn't do anything according to him. We have a noise law in this county but no one pays attention to it. The people who cut grass at
7 a.m. should be jailed!!!

Cynthia, I was doing thigh and seat exercises at the kitchen sink most days. The tuck is good for my spine difficulties. Standing in one place to cook or wash dishes is killer on my back. I usually have to tuck while standing to get out of pain.

Lynn, you're much too kind. Thank you. I'm not a PT but I healed my shoulder after tearing the rotator cuff. Then the doctor saw it on an MRI and just had to fix it, she said sarcastically. So I healed it twice. Are those the long circular bands? I want some of them. After surgery a full shoulder press was on my exercise list. Palms faced my head instead of forward. At the beginning that was a lot easier than a front raise. I should tell a doctor about my right shoulder. It's bone on bone and clunks several times when I move it. I should come down and go to PT with you.

Diana, how's the wedding prep coming along? Has Cody recovered?

Hi F1mom!

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 08:23 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow I have my endoscopy.

Linda Cody's recovery is coming along well. He still has a small amount of inflammation but he's healing. We took him to the vet today and was told he's doing well. Shower and wedding planning is going well, since we haven't gotten any feed back from the Bride to be. LOL

Check-In: Walking

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-28-23, 08:28 PM  
Diana3271

Getting us started: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...20#post2992420

LM Combat 02/13

Diana