Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-23, 08:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Resistance Band Workout - 30 minutes

This was my second time doing this workout and I think I enjoyed it more this time around - it's a good little workout, especially if you are traveling, which I'm not.

Donna - Good workouts! Back to reality indeed.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I succumbed to an impulse and signed for a year of Body Groove at $4/month and now I'm freaking out a little bit b/c I'm not sure how I intend to use it and I really hate wasting money - and wasting money on streaming really bugs me b/c at least w/ downloads or physical media you can always use it later...anyway, must figure out how to incorporate this, first world problems, I know...

So...yesterday I added on a 20 min Body Groove for some extra steps since it was rainy outside and i had to cut my dog walk short. I also did Trifecta Pilates, Align # 2 - which was a gentle stretchy Pilates.

Today, so far, I did BG's January 4th workout which was a 30 min routine. These are fun and I did get my HR up and a decent cardio workout w/ out doing the same old, same old. I also added on Trifecta Pilates, Align Day # 3 which was lower body stretching.

I will probably attempt a walk later and also get a Pilates routine in, maybe the one you did, Carol!

Work was ok yesterday - I got a slow start, but getting back into the swing of things.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-23, 06:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Outdoor Walk - 35 minutes

It was nice and sunny, without too much wind, when I got home from work and a walk just sounded like a good idea.

It was back to work today. I spent the day trying to get through all the mail, etc., and brought a pile of bills home tonight to write purchase orders for as I watch TV.

But Donna, you enjoy Body Groove. You'll use it enough to justify it, especially at $4 a month. I mean, good grief, a live class would cost how much?

Carol
Old 01-05-23, 11:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see..yesterday I got a fairly long dog walk in - my DD came with me and that makes it easier to go for a longer walk! It is like March here instead of January and I'm not complaining. After work I did Jessica Valent's Full Body Resistance Band workout - I really like this one - it makes good use of tubing w/out being awkward or overly creative!

Today, so far:

Lively Ladies - Cardio Toning Exercises - From 1/4/23
Lively Ladies - Daily Stretch and Cool Down

I will likely walk outdoors again today! And then something else this evening - stretchy, I'm thinkiing.

I'm less freaked out about spending money on Body Groove. I think it will be good for extra activity, warm-ups to other activity and stand alone cardio when I'm in the mood for it. I like that I could do one or two songs at a time and then go back to finish later.

Thanks, Carol - yes, you are right. I also think back to the winter - a few years back now - when all I did was dance and Pilates and then shoveled snow for hours w/out any ill effects. Maybe that is what I need to do, LOL!

Donna
Old 01-05-23, 08:03 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Indoor Walking Workout - 16 minutes & Total Body Pilates Workout Part 2 - Legs & Stretch - 12 minutes

Nothing surprising in either one of these workouts.

Donna - I remember that year! You were in good shape from those activities. Don't sweat it!

Carol
Old 01-06-23, 09:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added a short dog walk in - we waited for my DD to be done with something and by the time she was ready to go - it was raining, but my dog really wanted to go so we did - but kept it short. I also added on some Body Groove after work.

Today, so far:

Body Groove - Jan 6th workout
Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Women over 60 - just the floor work, I will try to squeeze the standing work in later today,

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy Friday!!

Good job, Carol!!!

Donna
Old 01-06-23, 09:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Happy Friday indeed!

Today's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 35 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Hip Stretches - 10 minutes

The dogs went to day care so they are pooped tonight! Super quiet here.

Carol
Old 01-07-23, 08:12 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was Jessica's new beginner's workout:

Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Beginner Pilates Workout - 20 minutes

I had entertained thoughts of doing Jessica's new intermediate workout - that is, until I previewed it. I need a workout in between her beginner workout and her intermediate workout. A 1.5 workout.

Carol
Old 01-08-23, 01:03 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see..where did I leave off?

Saturday -

Trifecta Pilates - Day # 6 of the Align challenge which was a full 55 minute class. I was then pretty lazy for the rest of the day other than housework. But, I am actually a tiny bit sore in my core/abs from this workout which was a surprise b/c it was labeled as "restorative"!

Sunday -

Lively Ladies - Fun Sweaty Cardio Workout (from 1/6)
Lively Ladies - Relaxing Cool Down and Stretch

I do enjoy the LL workouts....and the cool downs.

I may try to motivate myself to walk my dog today - I mean, I should, LOL!

Carol - I will have to preview both of Jessica's workouts now!

Happy Sunday -

Donna
Old 01-08-23, 08:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Nourish to Restore - 45 minutes

This was an interesting offering from Beth - mostly focused on breathing, very slow movement and stretching, I think it was intended to be extremely relaxing, which it was.

I enjoyed it, but I'm looking forward to getting back to JVP tomorrow.

Donna - The beginner one was definitely too easy for me, but the Intermediate one has many of the moves that I find impossible. Oh for something in the middle!

Carol

Tags
pilates, wall pilates