Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-23, 08:07 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - We don't need a therapist as much as a friend to be silly with. 3/12

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-23, 08:19 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It’s still snowing and it snowed all day yesterday - no idea how much snow there is out there, but looks like 3-4” currently - heavy, wet stuff…. I’ll get out and shovel or snow blow today. I’ve got all the clocks changed except for my car so far. Nothing much planned for the day other than snow removal, putzing around on my computer and watching TV. I should work on getting the photos sent off for digitizing this coming week.

Paula, glad you were able to join your quilting group - still working on the kid size quilt? Good luck with the ortho tomorrow! Glad you had the Geek Squad to help transfer stuff to your new computer - I pretty much lost everything when I got my pad, but glad I was able to get the photos off of it.

Hope all is well with Laura!

Waves to all!
Old 03-12-23, 03:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is a miserable and rainy and chilly day. We have basically hunkered down, although I did do a pickup at Walmart. I've worked on cards and done some laundry and soon I'll start work on cooking dinner. We also attended church virtually.

Anita - It's good you got only an inch. I'm sure that seemed like a piece of cake after your previous snows.

Paula - Yeah, those melt-away days seem to be the norm these days.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-23, 09:51 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 27 Cardio Tone and a neighborhood walk with DH. Luckily we changed all the clocks last night before we went to bed.

We got the new computer back from the Geek Squad who was supposed to set everything up for us but of course it's still got a whole lot of frustrations for us to deal with that they didn't set up because they needed passwords etc. But I was hoping they would do all that with us. Of course we spent 45 minutes in there doing stuff got home and found there was still more that didn't get done.

I am using the old laptop for now, feels like a long lost friend.

Anita, glad you only got a few inches of snow. Hope it doesn't turn into ice. Also hope you don't have to shovel much if at all. Baby that hip. I finished the crib quilt yesterday. So that's one done, now I'll start another soon.

Laura, sorry you've got miserable weather now - Polly must be in a snit. It was overcast all day here but we didn't get any rain. Yeah, those melt away days are getting to be the norm.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-23, 08:55 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I slept in this morning after watching the Oscars last night - why? Who knows as I really don’t go see movies much any more. I might have to go see the winner though . I did shovel yesterday - about 3” of wet stuff - the piles on each side of my driveway are taller than me now - pretty ridiculous! Today, more putzing around the house, but will likely get out and go for a walk - my hip is doing somewhat OK after the shoveling.

Laura, glad you’re getting rain down there instead of snow - I’m not sure where we are regarding records so far - we’re at #8 as far as total snow for the season (80 inches to date), but it seems like we’ve got a lot on the ground right now despite some rounds of melting and rain. I’m glad we don’t have the super deep snows I’m seeing TV footage of from the Rockies! I hope the melt here goes slowly though so we don’t have much flooding and water can soak into the ground nicely - it needs it!

Paula, I think I have all the clocks set now with the new time - my wristwatch is a no bother as it’s battery is dead and I haven’t worn it in several years. I’m considering donating it away. Sorry your computer needs more work transferring files. Wonder why they didn’t call you or message you to get the passwords? Yay on finishing your quilt!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-13-23, 07:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a traumatic day, especially for Polly. We had her annual check-up this morning. We got her to the vet clinic okay. The room they put us in had a window in it, the first time we've been in a room there with a window. It started out okay. She got out of her carrier and wandered around some. She especially liked sitting on the window sill and looking outside. Then the vet came in and Polly started to get upset. They got a couple of things done. Then they tried to put her on the tabletop and she lost it. She lashed out and hissed at the vet. So we called it and rescheduled for tomorrow morning. They sent us home with an anti-anxiety medication. We need to give her a dose tonight and one tomorrow morning. The rest of the day, we basically gave her whatever she wanted.

We also did some laundry and cleaned out the dishwasher and started decluttering for the cleaners. I tried to pick up a couple of prescriptions this evening. Their closing time of 8:00 apparently means they're on the road headed for home by 8:00.

Anita - We started watching the Oscars last night, taped the show, and finished it today. We didn't see the news this morning, so it was a surprise about the winners when we saw it. I don't know why we watched it either, but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed seeing Jamie Lee Curtis win.

Paula - I have learned the hard way to sit with the Geek Squad while they work for that exact reason. On the computer I have now, I had them set it up and it was irritating how many times I had to say, "What about this?" And then they'd help me set it up.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-13-23, 10:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a yin yoga practice with Travis Eliott and a neighborhood walk with DH.

A friend came over for awhile and hung out with me and had tea while I cooked a casserole this morning – it was nice.

I went to the doctor this afternoon and it went as I expected. I have arthritis in my cervical spine and my muscles are all knotted up. He recommended a cortisone shot in the neck, a muscle relaxant, and PT. So I’ll pick up the prescription at CVS tomorrow, the shot is scheduled for Friday morning. Guess I have to wait for a phone call to set up PT. Wish me luck.

Anita, the last movie we went to was Top Gun Maverick. It had been a good long while before then. Of course the theatres were closed during lockdown. I’m so out of it, I wouldn’t know any of the movies up for awards. Hope you were able to get a walk in. I think we’re getting the new computer squared away.

Laura, oh poor Polly. I bet she was formidable when she went ballistic on the vet. Were you able to get her back into the carrier without getting scratched? I’m sure you made it up to her but after she ends up back at the vet tomorrow she may never forgive you.
Old 03-14-23, 08:10 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Happy Pi Day!

Nothing much planned for today. I’ll get outside and go for a walk today - I did so yesterday and it was nice! I should also work with the pile of photos on my kitchen counter to get them counted and sent off for scanning. Otherwise, just putzing around and catching up on some recorded TV shows.

Laura, aww, poor Polly! Hope her exam goes well today! At least she was given the anti-anxiety meds at the clinic and you didn’t have to pick them up from the pharmacy. Sorry that was closed before it’s closing time . Jamie Lee Curtis was great!

Paula, nice to have a friend come over - that hasn’t happened here in a loooooong time! Hope all works well getting your neck better! I’m sure Top Gun Maverick seen in the theater will outdo anything at home! I remember a movie director thanked us in the theater to see his movie - it might have been Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris - made me wonder if it would be released on DVD. I did get a short walk in yesterday, but that was still wonderful! I’ll see if some friends would like to come with me today.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-14-23, 12:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Well, Polly survived the appointment. The medicine really took it out of her and she is pretty out of it. But she's doing okay. We got a couple of medications for eye issues she's having. She has a lot of discharge and DH is always cleaning the area around her eyes. We don't know if it's allergies or another issue. They took some blood and we'll get the details of the tests they run in a few days. We also were recommended medication for her pain issues. We'll follow up on that next week. She went through a lot and the anti-anxiety medication relaxed her lot. They did a lot with her and she'll probably sleep much of the afternoon.

In other news, we did a load of laundry and I've tried to clear some more stuff sitting around. In a bit, I'll head out for an infusion.

Paula - It's good you got to hang out with a friend. That is really different these days. I hope that the path the doctor has prescribed for you will give you some relief.

Anita - Hopefully, you'll get to get outside today, too. It's good you enjoyed it yesterday. Yeah, it is nice that we don't have to go to a pharmacy for pet meds.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-14-23, 09:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 1 Push (Strength) followed by Karen Voight Yoga Stretch.
It rained on and off all day, so we didn’t get out much. Ran some errands in the morning and baked two loaves of zuchinni bread in the afternoon.

Anita, happy Pi day to you too. I hope you got a walk in today. Top Gun Maverick was fun to watch in the theatre. We like planes so that was a factor and we know the area where the mountain scenes were shot so that made it more enjoyable as well. The story line was predictable but that’s not what we went for.

Laura, glad Polly got her vet visit over with and I’m sure you’re glad that’s over too. I hope they figure out what’s causing her eye discharge. Hope your infusion goes OK.