Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-23, 08:59 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - We'll be friends forever because you know too much about me! 3/19

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-23, 09:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today is Spring Cleaning Day for me! I’ve got all my bed linens downstairs to be washed (5 loads), I’m flipping my mattress, I’m cleaning my dishwasher and my coffee maker, changed my furnace filter, changing my toothbrush and water filters, etc. It will be a busy day, plus my usual Sunday activities. Spring is coming! I’ll go for a walk today also.

Laura, do you modify the classic pictures in your book? I’ve seen some artists paint in their family on classic paintings, so they are enjoying the shore of a river or lake, participating in sports with the Greek athletes, petting the horse or dog, or sitting in on royal family portraits . Either way, having a book to put your art in does make it more permanent than pages in your drawer. I’m hoping the book club first timer gets her bravery back and comes to future meetings! Awww, poor Polly, it’s hard to get eye drops in when she holds her eyes shut .

Paula, Wow, you’re at least 50 degrees above our warmest temp of the day! Did you get the flu vaccine last fall? I’m sorry you have such narrow motion in your neck . I’m hoping the shots loosen you up a bit.

Vantreesta, Nice to “see” you! I was wondering how you were doing also. I hope to hear from you more frequently - not exercising isn’t a bar from typing here!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-19-23, 02:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's a beautiful sunny day here. But it's cold for NC. We woke up in the mid-30s and it won't get above 47 degrees. I type that in so Anita can read it and feel superior to me because she's a tough Minnesotan.

It has been a busy day. We attended church virtually. Then I went to do a pick-up at Wegmans. After lunch, I put on a pot of chai tea latte and forgot about it, so it boiled over. Plus, the dishwasher was full of clean dishes. So I'm spending quite a bit of time in the kitchen today without cooking. I had planned on going to the library, but I may go tomorrow.

This was an interesting week for my family. The university where my brother went for undergrad - Furman University in South Carolina - made the NCAA basketball playoffs (March Madness). In the first round, they beat the University of Virginia and in the second, they lost to San Diego State (or something like that). We have a group Messenger group that we use for messages to the whole family. So my parents and I would be Messengering back and forth between late evening and middle of the night for them. When my brother would wake up, he'd respond to what he slept through. It was all kind of fun, but it's over because they LOST!

Vantreesta - It was good to see you. I certainly understand how there are only so many hours in the day to spend online. As Anita said, don't stay away because of not exercising though. Stay warm!

Anita - I fully applaud your spring cleaning efforts. It sounds like you are pretty organized about it. I'm just a spectator though as I'm not doing anything on this end like that. I'm just covering up the pictures and text in that book. Once in a while, I let something show through to add texture or interest in the background. It's just a book that gives me the pages to be creative in. I cover up what's in it.

Paula - I'm sorry you are still having problems turning your neck. I wonder if PT would help with that. Sometimes, joints can almost freeze up when there has been a lot of pain. Did you ever ask him about chiropractic? I'm glad you got out for a flight before the rain came back.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-23, 08:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Walking With Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery and food prep day today. It’s rained a little on and off all day, of course when we were coming home with the groceries is was raining.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. You make me tired just reading about everything you’re planning to do. I didn’t get a flu shot – I never do. I learned long ago I allergic in the flu vaccine. Not sure what it is, my doctor told me once but I’ve forgotten. Turns out many people have the same allergy.

Vantreestra, good to see you again, but take care of yourself.

Laura, thanks for asking about my neck. It has improved some more today – hopefully even more tomorrow. The doctor does want me to do PT, I’m waiting for insurance approval for that. Not sure when that will begin but I hope it’s soon. I didn’t ask about chiropractic, frankly I didn’t think of it.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-23, 08:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I got everything for spring season done yesterday ! Except for a walk and I hope to get out and do that today. Nothing much planned for today other than a game of Spades this evening. Tomorrow will be the start of the strength class!

Laura, It’s good to be a Minnesotan up here! Sometimes I think I’d melt in your summer temps . Your library is open on Sundays? Wow! I don’t follow the basketball tournament other than curse it for ruining the recording TV schedule, but glad your brother was able to follow his university for the first time in ages, despite being hours behind in Japan!

Paula, Happy birthday! I hope your neck continues to improve!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-20-23, 01:48 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hello from a sunshiney and coolish day in North Carolina. We let Polly out around noon when it was 46 degrees. She found her way to the sun porch and lay in the sunshine for a long time. It was fun to watch her because she looked happy.

I put together a chili for DH and it's in the crockpot. This afternoon, I need to go to the library since I didn't make it yesterday. I've also spent time talking to a recruiter about a job that looks like a good one for me except it's full time and I'm not sure where it is. It could be on the other side of the city. It is a contract, so it would be short-term. We'll see what happens.

Anita - They recently made the change to the library schedule that they would be open from 1-5 on Sunday afternoons. Yeah, this summer, you will be talking about how hot it is there and I'll be going, "Ha!"

Paula - Happy birthday! I hope you did something fun!! Well, if the PT works, you don't need chiropractic. If it doesn't, it's something to ask about at that point.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-23, 09:12 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight Pure and Simple Stretch the floor work.

We had a nice day – went to lunch with a friend. I made a peach and blueberry cobbler.

I’m so happy my range of motion in my neck is improving and the pain is diminishing so I guess that cortisone shot is helping. YAY.

Anita, thanks for the birthday wishes. I enjoyed my day with friends. If you would melt in NC weather you’d be a puddle in California – but not this, it’s cool and dark and feels like rain most of the time. It is actually going to start raining again tomorrow – forecast is for rain and high wind most of the day. I’m planning to stay home and get some house cleaning done.

Laura, glad Polly got to snooze on the sun porch. Do you want to take on a full time job, even if it is temporary? You always seem so busy. I did have a nice birthday, thanks for your good wishes. My local library is open on Sunday afternoons too. I wish the prescription for PT would come through soon. As you said I’ll try PT first, think about chiropractic only if the PT doesn’t work or isn’t enough. What do you think about massage? I’ve been wondering if that would help.
Old 03-21-23, 08:27 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on my first day trying the Starting Strength class I’ve signed up for - hope all goes well! Also planning on a walk today - yesterday was a long walk in my soon to be neighborhood - 12000 steps! I like that there’s a number of walking options outside my future door! Otherwise planning on putzing and working on those photos that have been sitting on my counter now for over a week! We’re supposed to get rain instead of snow tonight - I kind of hope that comes true!

Laura, I’m glad Polly sends her happy vibes to your house - I’m sure she teaches her appreciation of simple things. Would you want a full time real job again? I’m being recruited to be an intake person at WRC - it would be more of a desk job than the physical stuff I have to do cleaning cages and feeding animals. I’m not sure if it’s a regular hours job or a 4 hour weekly shift like I’m currently doing. I don’t think I’d want a full time job now.

Paula, that cobbler sounds delicious! Glad you had a good birthday! Spring is my time to house clean! I’m loving the sunlight outside even if it’s a cloudy day.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-21-23, 07:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Happy belated birthday, Paula! How was the cobbler? I have long wanted to make a peach-blueberry pie but every time I say it I get upturned noses in response and I certainly don't need to eat a whole pie myself!

Nice step count, Anita!

Laura, if you want the contract job I hope it works out for you!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 08:32 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength) followed by a Sarah Starr Morning Stretch (the one by the lake).

We like the recessed lights we put in the kitchen, so we’re having the same type of lights put in the back bedroom. The installers come tomorrow morning. They got the kitchen done in one day, I hope they finish in the bedroom as quickly.

Anita, Great step count. How did the strength training class go? I hope you enjoyed it. The area around your new home sounds perfect for you. The cobbler was very good – there isn’t a crumb left – DH and I finished it off this afternoon. It’s definitely a recipe a will make again. Next time I’d like to make it with fresh peaches and blueberries instead of frozen.

Vantreestra, Thanks for the birthday wishes. I suspect the only difference between making a peach/blueberry cobbler and a pie is the crust. The filling is just fruit, water, brown sugar, and cornstarch. You cook the filling on the stove and once it’s thickened you put it in a pan, you could just as easily put it in a pie crust at this point.

Laura, Hope if you want that job that you get it.