Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-22-22, 12:23 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Today was Iron Day 12 chest and triceps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hww8...xymJ2&index=13) and for such a straight forward workout I have to say the time flew by (I thought it would be boring and dragging haha). Really just six exercises, three for chest then three for triceps, each repeated for 3 sets before moving to the next exercise. And long 60 second working sets like all the Iron workouts have been. I have to say, I think the 60 seconds on/30 seconds off is really building my strength. The burnout was definitely there especially getting to the third set for the muscle group. My triceps are killing me already! Tomorrow Caroline deviates from her formula slightly to add back to her glute day, making it a full posterior chain workout. Then total body Saturday and shoulders Sunday. Then at the end of this week, I'll be halfway through Iron already! That's crazy.

Eventmom I really hope that your bathroom gets done speedily to help relieve your stress load!!

Buzzer I hear you about DH and "me" time. I love DH but sometimes when he's around and it's usually just me, I really pine for my personal time! Especially as an introvert, I really NEED the me time to relax.

I hear you about the toe problems too, occasionally when I have had them and haven't been able to do lunges, it feels so restricting! Good to know the KCM weights wasn't worthwhile!
Old 12-22-22, 01:26 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.6 day 6 + 30 min marion brand walk

so the surgeon had a cancellation and DH should be able to have the surgery Dec. 30! great news.

The bathroom has been torn apart since the week of thanksgiving but it's mostly done now. I think the contractor is waiting on some parts - maybe I can put my clothes back in the closet! It looks great, the shower has a fold down seat which will be great for dh.

I'm with both of you on having DH around ALL. THE. TIME. I love him but he can't drive so.

ebianco - we haven't been to an inperson movie since covid, and I would be surprised if DH will ever be willing to do so again.

buzzer - -29 ugh. We are 9, -21 wind chill. I kept the horses in their stalls today. It looks like the wind chill will be above 0 tomorrow afternoon so I 'll probably put them out for a few hours then. But I hate this, I'm a complete desert rat. Sorry about the KCM disappointment - I had one of her workouts but just couldn't get into to her.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-22, 12:17 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday everyone,

I am off today so I did a longer workout, I started with Cathe LITE Cardio Party again (first 20 minutes) because I loved this on Sunday, and I loved it again today! Then Iron Day 13 posterior chain, so back/glutes/hamstrings (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQfJ...xymJ2&index=14) and I was seriously huffing and puffing but it may have been because of the more cardio warm up than usual. Definitely a tough workout! With stretch it was about an hour long workout.

And today I am getting a massage! I haven't had one in months so that will be terrific. Then a nice early dinner after with family.

Eventmom I'm so glad to hear that DH was able to get an earlier surgery date!! That is terrific!!

A lot of people must also be leery about theaters because they are still at very low capacity. If they weren't such huge companies (AMC and Regal is what we have here) they would surely have gone out of business with the pandemic. The theaters for Avatar were mostly full but I think that was the biggest turnout since the pandemic.

Buzzer waves!
Old 12-23-22, 05:29 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I've ended up going out the barn right when I get up to get them fed and stalls cleaned as it's so cold I need to make sure they have hay etc. Takes an hour or so. The exercise news in that is by the time I got in I needed to eat then finally got to a workout.

ttapp lympathic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrlGxejPQDc then an action Jacquelyn balance pilates and my balance still needs to improve - seems like I really lost it when I had covid and didn't workout.

It finally warmed up enough that I put the horses out around 2pm and will bring them up around 6. It's cold but the wind chill is above 0!

ebianco - enjoy your time off! yes we were so happy to get his surgery scheduled this month - at the appt they told us it could be as late as February.

hi buzzer!
Old 12-24-22, 08:16 AM  
Buzzer

Abcentric.... DONE!

I did it again. I loved that my abs were so sore after this one, I just had to! Plus, I guess I can say it worked my arms because they were in an isometric contraction a LOT since about 15 minutes of the workout is in table position. It's a 30 minute workout, however I do like it! I can't see doing it 10 days straight, however I did like doing it a second time and knowing what to expect this time. I gave myself grace and did a rest one time during the table work on each leg.

Today is a walk day on the treadmill with my buddy trainer and maybe another walk through Croatia! I love that I can just walk through Croatia, and not have to burn through the money to go there, or the plane trip!! Plus I get a tour guide, which helps!

hard to believe it's Christmas Eve! That came fast. We really haven't driven around to see lights yet. We are going to a reenactment of the walk Mary and Joseph took to Bethlehem this afternoon. It's at a super fancy restaurant here, like $50-$100 a plate restaurant. They are serving cookies and hot chocolate, so I expect they will be the best cookies and hot chocolate I have ever tasted. We took my parents there once, and LB had the absolute BEST macaroni and cheese I have ever tasted in my life! It was super expensive, so I will probably never have it again, however I still dream about it. If we ever go back, I am ordering macaroni and cheese at the fanciest restaurant in town.

Anyhow, that's the plan for today! DH met a friend yesterday he hasn't seen in 20 years, so he and LB went to breakfast and shopping with him. They spent the day, and it was so amazing! I had the house to myself! Almost all day!! I worked out, I watched a Christmas movie, I went to Walmart. I bought the biggest ham I have probably ever seen, for $7.91! I spent about an hour cutting it up. It was about a 10 pound ham. Seriously, because the regular price right now is 99 cents a pound, and I got this one on yellow sticker sale. So it was less than that! My hack job cutting it up was OK since I paid next to nothing for it! I am not a ham fan, however my family is. So I did it for them.

I will make a soup, sandwiches, maybe use the bone to make beans... I also groomed the dogs, which is becoming my daily thing. They hated it at first, now they are getting used to it. Believe it or not, they are getting jealous when they aren't the one getting groomed! Eugene has discovered he LOVES having his head groomed. He rests his chin on my leg and closes his eyes. It's a good bonding for us too. It was so quiet, no little voice constantly (although I love the little voice to all ends of the earth, it was nice to have silence!). I also got DH's last Christmas presents, so I wrapped those. it was such a nice, slow, quiet day!

Dh asked what time I was at Walmart, I didn't even know! I just didn't look at the clock all day. I had no commitments! So nice. So, so nice.

I watched two Christmas movies yesterday! I mean, I was doing stuff while I watched them, however I had two movies on the TV yesterday! LB is tired of the Christmas movie theme, and I have to admit it is tiring. However I watched one where it was two girls were transported to a Christmas movie, so it was a movie inside a movie. The general romance theme was there, but it was cheesy and cute. DH commented on the cheesy acting (they came in while it was on) and I told him it was intentional. It was making fun of Christmas movies. Anyhow, so cute! Such a great day!!

Eventmom: Our cold has passed. Yesterday was cold in the AM, but got warmer as the day progressed. The doggies were so happy to be outside for more than a few minutes ! I hope it's over for you guys too. I'm sure you are now counting down the days until DH's surgery and your bathroom being done! I was just thinking about Ttapp yesterday. I loved those workouts! I put them aside because they were so tough, and I saw no results. I wanted some inch loss too! I was thinking yesterday how I should pull them out and add them into my barre rotation. Now that I don't expect results! Would be nice, but I no longer expect them. Sigh. I guess that's where I am now. I do love Ttapp though!

Ebianco: I kept saying I couldn't wait for the pandemic to be over and go see a movie in a theater again. Now DH has the giant movie screen in the garage, and we can use our DVD's. Plus I make popcorn in coconut oil so it's healthier (for what it's worth) than movie theater popcorn... and we can talk if we want. So I hate to say it, but I am not pining to go to a theater again! We have "Elvis Cinemas" here, which is cheap (used to be $3 admission, I don't know what it is anymore) and they reopened just recently. I just haven't gone! They haven't had any kids movies though, so that's my excuse. I have to make sure it's LB friendly. I hate to see theaters disappear, which they are, and feel like I should do my part to support them. I just don't anymore.

I still have massages from Christmas last year that DH got me. I need to use them. They are gift cards, which I'm sure no longer buy you a massage anymore! Prices have skyrocketed this past year. Oh well. I should use them. I need a massage! For a former massage therapist, it always makes me laugh how little I think to get a massage. I love them, but I just don't have the patience to lay there for an hour. There's just too much else to do, or that I want to do. If I get an hour alone, I don't want to spend it with someone else, or falling asleep! HA!

Merry Christmas (Eve) you guys!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 12:45 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

Merry Christmas Eve!

Today I started with Firm Tough Cardio Mix (I think? all those titles get confusing) for a 20-ish minute extended warm up/cardio before Caroline Iron Day 14 unilateral total body (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAEA...xymJ2&index=14) then an extended stretch for a 65 minute workout. I'm hosting Christmas tomorrow so I'll also be doing plenty of CleaningthehouseMax and WashingthedogsMax too. I also can't believe tomorrow is Christmas already! That means about one more week of the year and then it's no longer the holiday season?! My mind is reeling with how fast time goes anymore (especially since the pandemic)!

Tomorrow finish my workout week with shoulders, probably add biceps and abs.

Eventmom and Buzzer It is very cold here for the DC area, it was only 7 degrees overnight and I heard on the radio that it set a new low temperature record. But no precipitation for a week at least, so just really cold and windy!

Buzzer I'm glad you're enjoying Abcentric! I love it when my abs have DOMS so I can relate!

Haha I would have really enjoyed having a bonus day all to myself and would have spent it just like you, exercise, shopping, then watching movies!

I'm sure those cookies and hot chocolate from the fancy restaurant will be amazing!
Old 12-24-22, 06:41 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics class of 2012

I felt a bit off yesterday so opted for an easy workout.

The weather here eased up enough the horses went out for around 4 hours and today out normal. So I only had to clean stalls one time today! Yippee. so it's in the 20s today. mostly glad when the -28 wind chill went away.

buzzer - yeah in about a week I think things will be better. I'm starting to move things back into my closet I just haven't got the energy to get it done all at once. I have to say I never loved ttapp but I like them I think she does more in a short amount of time than about anyone. I'm glad I have the ones I have - I bought one of her bundles several years ago then ran into several for $1 each at a thrift store. Sold some (for good $) and kept some.

ebianco - I'm ready for 2022 to be over - it started with a car crash (literally Jan 1) and looks like it will end with DH surgery 12/30 and so many challenges between. I'm grateful things have basically worked out but everything has been more complex and difficult than makes any sense.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

have a great day,
Old 12-25-22, 09:25 AM  
Buzzer

Jogged on Treadmill in Slovenia... DONE!

That was fun! I went with my favorite trainer, Tommy Rivs. He likes to talk geology and architecture. He stopped to pet horses. He taught me about sandstone, then he even gave me a quiz on what I learned . It was a good jog! He called it a recovery jog, however to me it was a nice steady pace jog. It went for about 30 minutes, which to me is a good length. I warmed up with a walk at 3.3 mph, and jogged at 4.3 mph. So a very easy pace, but a good pace for me as a first time back into it! I was surprised I went the entire time. I took two, probably 45 second to a minute rests where I went back to 3.3 mph, but the rest of the time I kept going! I was so afraid I would be so sore I couldn't move this morning, or so depleated that I felt tired all day yesterday, but I actually feel fine this morning, and felt fine all day yesterday! So nice. I will do that one again.

I love that I am learning about things, and seeing things I don't think I would ever see in my life. He went to a castle that a "robin hood" sort of person lived in. It was built into a cave, so half the castle was out and the other half in a cave. It was really pretty.

Merry Christmas!! The thing last night, following Mary and Joseph, was kinda fun. LB had a blast! I think I would have had a better time if their sound system worked better. I couldn't hear anything that was going on, and couldn't see. So many people there, and the sound system was barely louder than the lady's regular voice. LB had a blast though! There was a real donkey, some sheep and goats all walking with us. I stuck near the donkey, and LB was helping one of the little kids that was leading a goat with his unruly goat. She is always looking for opportunities to help people.

I thought Mary and Joseph would be played by adults... nope. Kids that weren't even probably 10 years old. It was like an interactive school performance. There was a piņata afterwards, and LB was really sad that she didn't get to hit it. I don't know what they were doing, I was standing under a heater, however all these kids in line and after maybe 10 kids (the smaller ones), they called over a big kid, probably mid teens, and he whacked it until it opened. I still don't understand why they didn't let the kids do it that were standing in line.

Overall though, as DH said, it was a "disorganized mess", but the animals were cute, and LB had a great time. DH made us reservations at the fancy restaurant, however they didn't have the lobster Mac and cheese!!! It was like a stab to the heart. So LB got the side of Mac and cheese, I got a meal that had lobster tail with it, and I gave her the lobster. I still had a pretty good sized steak and vegetables, and ended up bringing home the steak. I have no idea what the bill was, however the food was amazing!!!!

So today is all the Christmas stuff. I am excited! The sunrise was beautiful, however some of our lit trees outside blew over. I went over to upright them, however the wind is blowing enough that I just left them blown over. They will just topple again.

Eventmom: I forgot about your accident! Wow. What a year you've had! Hopefully next year is calmer. Maybe you got it all out of the way this year. I am very impressed you found Ttapps at the thrift store! That's awesome! Wow. I have found some inexpensively on eBay.

I gotta go... LB just woke up! Merry Christmas!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 12:34 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA 2.6 day 7 + dc 1.3

dd and her bf came for breakfast yesterday - she has to get to work at 10:15 pm to put together the 5 & 6 am shows at her job that Sat was a better day to celebrate christmas.

buzzer - wow those jogs sound so fun! even if it was disorganized mess it sounds like most everyone had fun. and I get you on showing up to a restaurant and the meal you were dreaming about is gone! such a disappointment especially at a special restaurant. yeah, it's been a challenging year. our dishwasher has broken 4 times while we've been dealing with DH's back problem and the bathroom repairs. So DH can't stand very long so I end up hand washing all the dishes. I'm just worn out and I have one last research paper that I need to finish and it's not getting much attention.

hi ebainco

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-22, 12:58 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Merry Christmas everyone!

Today I finished my workout week with Iron Day 15 shoulders, and I added my own biceps in lieu of some of the shoulder work. she also worked the rear delta really good today so it felt like a shoulder/bicep/upper back workout which is infinitely better than just shoulders. I meant to tack on abs after but I was halfway through my stretch before I remembered, oops. I warmed up with Firm Volume 6 warm up/all cardio sets, plus an extended stretch for a 63 minute workout. Also I got in nearly 3,000 steps just from vacuuming, steam mopping, and tidying earlier today. I'm ready for my party which will be starting soon!

Eventmom Wow that was so many crazy events all in a year. I think the biggest drama for me this year was DH's heart attack in September, and two interviews for a job I did great at but didn't get the job, I'm so much better at interviews now but they are so stressful. Seriously I think those were my most stressful things this year! Better than a car crash. I had a bad car crash and totaled my brand new car about three years ago on Christmas Eve so I get it, seriously. Sending positive energy your way that DH will do great in his surgery.

Buzzer That sounds like a crazy adventure with the Mary and Joseph interactive kid event with the animals LOL! Even it was disorganized I'm sure you'll really remember it!

I have also had a disappoint time at an upscale restaurant I liked that I always used to get a cheese plate, was all ready for it, then come to find out they don't have it anymore! So I get it haha.

Tags
fitprime just right