Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-18, 01:14 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I got an old CIA (latin xplosion), KCM Train Like a Contender (which I have been wanting for awhile) and then I was determined to try something new, and had heard so many good things about Linda Woolridge, so I decided to try her Barre Bell HIIT. Looking forward to trying these out!
I was on the fence about the CIA Latin dance workout. I had it in the cart but I couldn't pull the trigger on it without a longer clip. Have you ever done that workout before?
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 01:19 PM  
Bubbeez

I got Kathy Smith Fat Burning Pilates (I had gotten rid of the VHS version years ago. Looking forward to going down memory lane). Also ordered Michele Olson Perfect Legs..., Kathy Smith Stay Firm Lower Body, and the Firm Classic Vol. 2. All new to me.

I didn't think the prices were that low (at least on the ones I was interested in) so I didn't order more.
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 02:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I was on the fence about the CIA Latin dance workout. I had it in the cart but I couldn't pull the trigger on it without a longer clip. Have you ever done that workout before?
I have this one. Carlos was a regular on Gay Gasper's workouts and definitely easy on the eyes! I liked this workout a lot, he does a good job IMHO. I will have to do it again--that's what happens when one has way too many choices.

Another one I would recommend from the sale list to anyone looking for a fun (but admittedly tricky, at least at first) step workout is the one by Deirdre Morris. "Tap less, step more" I think is what it's called.

Has anyone done the Amy Dixon "Super Fit Bod" workout? Opinions? Aside from the kinda yucky title, I like Amy's workouts and I don't have this one.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-18, 02:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbeez View Post
I got Kathy Smith Fat Burning Pilates (I had gotten rid of the VHS version years ago. Looking forward to going down memory lane). Also ordered Michele Olson Perfect Legs..., Kathy Smith Stay Firm Lower Body, and the Firm Classic Vol. 2. All new to me.

I didn't think the prices were that low (at least on the ones I was interested in) so I didn't order more.
Agreed---the one I am interested in is $14.99, but I have some rewards points to use so it brings it down some. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-18, 08:54 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I have this one. Carlos was a regular on Gay Gasper's workouts and definitely easy on the eyes! I liked this workout a lot, he does a good job IMHO. I will have to do it again--that's what happens when one has way too many choices.

Another one I would recommend from the sale list to anyone looking for a fun (but admittedly tricky, at least at first) step workout is the one by Deirdre Morris. "Tap less, step more" I think is what it's called.

Has anyone done the Amy Dixon "Super Fit Bod" workout? Opinions? Aside from the kinda yucky title, I like Amy's workouts and I don't have this one.
Jusca: I have not done it before, but as cataddict mentions Carlos is in several of Gay Gasper's workouts, and he always has good timing, and his moves are creative. The music sounded good, and for $5 I thought I would try it out.

cataddict: So glad to hear you like the Carlos workout! I wanted to second the Deirdre Morris recommendation - that is a fun workout. It is tricky at first, but she has excellent cuing.
Old 03-23-18, 09:09 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

I've done Amy's Super Fit Bod and like it. It's available on youtube-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUwIs1Z4Yxc&t=1439s
Old 03-23-18, 11:46 AM  
Mickey12

Ok. I seriously went overboard on Mary's sale. I bought 12 for me (already posted about those) and I bought 30, THIRTY, for a co-worker who likes exercise DVDs. I have been buying inexpensive DVDs for her here and there if I see them at Olly's or Dollar Tree and I absolutely could not pass up the $.99 and $1.99 ones Mary had. Many of them are really good solid workouts that I already own and I felt compelled to make sure someone else could experience them too. My co-worker thinks I'm nuts, but I am just so excited to know someone else who will use them.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-18, 12:28 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I got a bunch of Fitprimes since they were so affordable and deserve a good home Seriously, I have a decent collection of FIRMs but don't use them often since they usually require a fair amount of equipment and I can't drag all that stuff around if I'm exercising at the office gym so they are for home use only. But still I worry that I'll miss out on these forever and I have always liked Keli Roberts so I bit the bullet. Also got Jennifer Galardi's Flowetry since I'm always on the lookout for a different spin on yoga and I enjoyed her Ballet Body DVD from way back when.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-18, 09:06 PM  
momofcha

I can’t stop buying firm videos. Every time I go back and look I find more fit primes and kick butts. I’ve got to stop!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-18, 09:28 PM  
OSusanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I don't think there is anything else to want. I have almost everything

But don't hold me to it

I thought this was true for me too and then I decided to take a look. I’ve been getting what I can dvd wise and I’ve seen many titles disappear. So I decided to get the other Jenny Ford and Tracie Long videos that I don’t have. When it comes to videos now I buy what I think I will use because I Hate it when I want something that’s not available anymore. Many of the older workouts are real gems, especially the FitPrimes. I did get my last Fitprime and then a Patrick Godeau step video I’ve wanted forever.

And I found it humbling to look through the DVDs on the site yesterday and see SO many titles that I already have! oh well. There are worse hobbies out there I guess.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mary's sale, total fitness dvds