Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-28-23, 07:50 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn I'm so glad you mentioned about the cardiovascular risks. I remember hearing about that recently. I did more reading about it. I also found out that Greek yogurt has less calcium than regular yogurt. I have been eating the Greek yogurt due to the protein content. I think I'm going to lower the calcium and modify some of my food choices.

Cynthia How was rehearsal?

Waving Hi to Linda, F1mom & Cheryl

Steps from yesterday: 6,114

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 10:50 AM  
F1mom

Good morning everyone. I took the weekend off from walking. Figured out my supposedly fantastic Adidas runners with memory foam are triggering the PF. Last Monday I did FIRM Volume 1. I was so proud because I made it almost to the end, gave out before the inner thigh sequence. I can't believe at one point I could go an entire hour plus a few minutes on a daily workout.

Felt okay yesterday, cranked out 5281 steps, then the tops of my feet were hurting to the point I needed ice. Read it was likely caused by menopause. Oy. I'm literally 3 weeks, 4 days from the official menopause date. Glad the migraines are gone, not happy my skin is really dry now but oh well.

Cynthia glad you finished PT. One of my favorite aunts got vertigo and it never resolved, sadly. How's the weather where you are? We had horrible storms all weekend, with tornadoes to the south of us. Glad your annual skin check went well. I'm looking for a new dermatology group, mine turned into jerks who only care about selling botox and fillers. I have some spots that definitely need a look.

Linda how is MM doing now? (((hugs)))

DianaGlad someone is keeping up with the steps. I was going to up my steps to 10K per day, now it looks like I need to ease back for a bit.

Lynn Sorry about the migraines. I had them terribly during peri, noticed they started to go away after 2020. My potassium always got really low on the preventatives, maybe that's what's causing some kidney issues?

Cheryl I've read marvelous things about Portugal and started following a few accounts on that picture/reel app.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great day.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 01:12 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

F1mom, I'm on the CA central coast, Monterey Bay. We had 2 days of blue sky, then today another storm/atmospheric river is expected. I'm sorry your feet are troubling you. I have a hard time finding comfortable sneakers. I have "duck feet" and need a wide toe box, but not a wide heel. I do not understand why so many athletic shoes have tapered, not quite pointed but definitely not rounded toe boxes.

Diana, I stopped taking calcium pills after the 2 different Drs told me to. Excellent rehearsal last night, we are concert-ready.

Check-in: Denise toning essentials/21 day jump start.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 07:34 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

F1mom I have had issues with PF myself. We are all different so what works for me might not work for you. I require a lot of support in my shoes. I also have to replace my workout shoes every 6 months.

Cynthia Yay for the good rehearsal.

Check-In: Standing abs walk and mall walk

Waving Hi all around! Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-28-23, 08:43 PM  
lynnf

Did my shoulder rehab, which now takes 20 minutes plus Audrey's sunset workout. My PT whom I saw yesterday said I was making great progress (I thought it was minor progress) gave me a program and said to do it for a month and I should be fine and didn't need to see him anymore. Wasn't expecting that. My doctor called today and I missed the call. I'm a bit nervous as it was probably the biopsy results from my lesion removal.

F1mom, too bad about your foot issues, but great you are doing so well with the Firm. It's really interesting what you said about the migraine preventive meds. I was wondering if they might be causing the problems and cut back. My potassium levels are ok, though, in the middle of the range, but I know that the drug I am on can cause kidney stones and I was on a pretty high dose.

Cynthia, good luck with the next storm.

Diana, I am sending you a pm.

Cheryl, hope the home repair is going ok.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 08:42 AM  
lynnf

shoulder rehab + 15 minute barre 3
Old 03-29-23, 09:00 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Lynn Thank you for the pm info. Any updates on the biopsy?

Steps from yesterday: 12,017

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-29-23, 09:58 AM  
lynnf

yeah it was cancer: squamous in situ. The doctor didn't get the margins so I need another procedure.
Old 03-29-23, 11:30 AM  
seabliss

Lynn, so sorry to hear about the squamous. When can they get the margins? So glad you got it looked at.

Today I did an upper body strength by growingannannas. I thought it was good, but the plank challenge at the end with a variety of different plank moves with no rest hurt my tendonitis elbow. Sheesh. I really need to walk across the city to pick up my deliveries from Amazon U.S., which are pieces of gear to make my computer setup ergonomic. The delivery people here are famous for sending notifications that they tried to deliver but no one answered, and now you have to go get it yourself. One of the quirks of Portugal!

I have gotten a lot of steps--the past two weeks just short of 80k each week. Which is good because the workers came back again today. I squeezed in a workout because they are always late. It looks like they are pretty much done. Our cleaning lady is making the place shiny again right now after all that construction mess and dust. So thankful for her.

My sister is getting a hysterectomy in April. She doesn't stop bleeding and the doctors don't know what the calcified cysts in her ovaries are about (suspicious of cancer). She goes to Johns Hopkins, so they're not slouches, but it takes so long to get responses and action, it seems.

Cynthia, I saw the most beautiful knitted shawl that someone who moved to Portugal just made with local yarn, and I thought of you. She made up the pattern - modified it from an existing pattern. She likes to design patterns.

F1Mom, great job making it so far through that long workout! Sounds like progress.

Diana, my mom did a lot of research on how to get your body to absorb the most calcium from food. I know certain supplements help for sure.
Old 03-29-23, 07:20 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I feel the need for a rest day.

Lynn, (((hugs))). More than 10 years later, I still know just how I felt when I got the cancer diagnosis. Like a wrecking ball to the pit of the stomach.

I'm glad they caught it during your annual physical and hope the treatment is successful. Holding you in prayer.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote