Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-23, 11:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

50 minute outdoor walk

It was a lovely breezy spring day yesterday.
Hoping for another walk today before the rain comes in. I was planning on using my KCM dvds for weight work but it's just easier to put the tv on and follow Cee on youtube. Either way I need to get the weights in a few times a week.

PAT, good walks and workout at the gym.

DONNA, nice workout variety as usual. You're doing a little more pilates it seems.
Nice. The egg painting sounds like a nice creative outlet too. I laughed when you said your egg looked more child-like. That's how my painting looks when I go to a painting studio for a social gathering. Sorry to hear about the co-worker with the bug up her wazoo. Work is hard enough without issues like that. I hope it resolves without too much negative energy being expended. You're taking the high road so good for you.

DIANE, a rest day is always a good thing.
So is a clean oven. LOL. I have a hard time holding back too sometimes when I'm angry.

Waves to all!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 12:41 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is tolerating MOANday. After my workout, I made two vegan dishes – Vegan Blueberry Sheet pancakes - super easy. In place of buttermilk, the recipe calls for almond milk with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. These are a DH fave. The second is a spinach and cheddar quiche – totally vegan. This recipe is from “Just Eggs”, an egg replacement made from mung beans. I know it doesn’t sound tasty but it is good! I used the Violife Cheddar and it’s so, so delicious. DH tasted it, said how good it was, told him it was vegan, and he said he may not eat anymore of it because I didn’t use “real cheese”. Sheesh….. I told him he was being childish but being a guy, that’s par for the course! I will shame him into eating it!

Today’s workout:
  • Treadmill Run
  • Pushups
  • Yoga stretch

Summer Breeze: I’ve been known to be quite the clown so singing my way out of a bad job was par for the course! I’m just not good at behaving myself. I’ve always distrusted authority figures and have a penchant for a dramatic exit! Yep – that dog was having a grand old time with you. The next time you walk by alone, don’t react. I bet he’ll stop when you stop making it fun! LOL!

Donna: You’re welcome. I just hope you and this manager can find some mutual ground.

Of all the female bosses I’ve had, only ONE was decent. When we moved back from California, I took a temp job at the US Tennis Association. A fax came in that was written in Russian and I offered to translate it. The woman who was my “boss” hauled off and said, “Is there anything you can’t do???” I just looked at her and said, “I’m so not interested in your job, Ann Marie, which is why I’m working temp at the moment. So calm down!” She didn’t let me go but when a job came up that was perfect for me (and it was – my favorite job of all my jobs), I left on Friday afternoon, got home and left her a message saying I found something better and good luck! She was such a piece of work and I had no qualms about leaving her in the lurch!

Pat: Good workouts, Pat! I’m loving my clean oven! We just had a lot of wind and a wee bit of rain but it wasn’t a problem. Poor Mississippi – I’m so brokenhearted every single time something like this happens. An entire town leveled. I can’t even imagine.

Waves to Debbie & Beth! I hope everyone has a great day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in and then after work I did one of the 15 min walks from Jessica's 15 Min Walk DVD (i can't remember the title, LOL! But there are 4 15 min walks on them - I'm going to work through them this week for extra steps/activity).

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness and Energy - at least i think that is the title! It is her first walking DVD with 2 30 min walks - High Energy Walk and Power Walk. Filmed outdoors at what looks like a resort setting. It is hard to believe, but i think this one is 10 years old now, from 2013.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Arthritis - I liked this one - some standing, seated and floor work.

Diane - I have had good and bad bosses of all genders. The person who seems to have it out for me is not my boss, so that is good, but she is someone i need to have on my side in order to get things done. I'm so burned out on work and this job. I was thinking to myself if I would be willing to take a pay cut to just do something different within my organization. I'm still not sure what the answer is. I suppose it would depend on what the job was and how much of a cut. I think I could stand going down 10K. In the meantime I have to plug along. My present boss is a man, he is nice enough and doesn't micromanage, but he isn't "present" enough either - like I get no feedback, good or bad, and our team doesn't feel cohesive. It is what it is, my DH says to not let it get to me and just take the check every two weeks. But it is hard when you have to spend so many waking hours doing something that doesn't bring you any satisfaction.

Sorry to go on!

Summer Breeze - I did enjoy the painting. DD said she would take more classes with me. She is very talented and at one point was considering art school. I pulled out some adult coloring books last night and i think I'm going to do some of that for a creative outlet for a bit. I have a stack of yarn and other projects like that - but I need to organize my closet where all this stuff is packed and then pull it out and get to work. I think it will help my moods.

Pat - I am interested in Jessica's hip challenge, too. Right now she is hitting the spot for me.

Waves, Debbie!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 08:35 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

It’s a lovely day so we’re headed to Bennington, Vermont to just wander. Of course, DH the foodie has already bookmarked interesting food.

Today’s workout:
  • Treadmill run – I felt good enough to run 2 consecutive days but I’m not kidding myself. Weights tomorrow!
  • Pushups
  • Stretch

Donna: Your DH sounds like mine. Only once did DH have a truly horrible job, called me and asked me if I had any problem with him quitting – are you kidding? QUIT! He did but this was early on in his career so it didn’t have a terrible effect on the remainder of his working years. It’s a good thing that you work remotely. It sounds like she may seem threatened by you – is that possible? Something smells fishy. You just don't take a disliking to a co-worker for the heck of it. Nevertheless, whatever decision you make will be the right one. Just don’t let it make you ill. I’m pulling for you! And keep working out – it helps your stress – I know, preaching to the choir!

On that note, gotta get moving here. Have a great day everyone! Waves!!!!

Diane
Old 03-28-23, 10:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 6 - 10 Minute Total Core Workout for Marching in March
~ Home PT
~ 5,337 steps

Nice walk for you Summer Breeze. It was surprisingly beautiful out yesterday! It is easier to just turn on YouTube for workouts, isn't it? Wazoo - - I love it.

Diane, your recipes sound wonderful. I haven't tried the Just Eggs yet. I used to make scrambled silken tofu with turmeric. Hmm, I should make a big tofu scramble, it's been a long time. I have to find those sheet pan pancakes. You've had such an interesting career!

Donna, Pilates for Arthritis looks good, I bookmarked it. I hope something happens to make your job more enjoyable soon. At least I have retirement on my GPS map and will soon see the end of this tunnel.

Waves to anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 11:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

54 minute outdoor walk

I would like another walk today but I slept so poorly I'm just dragging right now. I was wide awake until about 5:30 am. Not good.

DIANE, nice job running 2 days in a row.
Men are like children. My DH wouldn't even consider letting me substitute ground chicken instead of beef for meatloaf or meatballs. Have fun in Bennington, VT today.

DONNA, good workouts. I like the idea of the adult coloring books for a creative outlet. That's more my speed. I remember your mentioning your DD being very interested and talented in art. My poor niece the teacher has her resignation all ready on her computer. She says the day she turns 55 all she has to do is hit the send button. She'll still work but at something she enjoys. Tough way to have to live for now though. I understand what your DH is saying, I tell my niece the same thing. Easier said than done of course.

PAT, I like LWR's core work. Maybe today is the day for that for me.

Waves to all.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 02:10 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, we are back! I had a hectic week preparing to wrap up work, pack, and get our fur babies taken care of. DH had a work conference in Oahu, and I was fortunate to be able to tag along. It takes a really long time to get there and back! I am still a little jetlagged. Attached are some photos.

I loved the sea turtles off the North Shore. This is the first time I've seen them this close in Hawaii, except for a snorkeling adventure and mishap on a previous trip, long story that one.

The blue lights in the water are the adventurous souls who like to paddle board at night. I think I saw "Jaws" too many times to ever think about that!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in but nothing after work as my contractor was here doing some more work on the bathroom. I think it will finally be done tomorrow (I hope!).

Today, so far, a Jessica Valant medley:

- Basic Workout w/ Dumbbells - I used this one as a sort of warm-up
- Strength & Stretch - this is one of her new workouts for March. The first half is weights - fairly basic stuff that you can layer on to or keep simple. The second half is a stretch.

Both of these were good low-dread effective weight routines for those of us who don't adore weight training. It got it done efficiently and you are able to make it harder or easier depending on weights and options you choose.

I'm really going to try to work on my attitude about work. I have had worse jobs than this one. I just need to make the best of it. I am hoping to retire in the 5-8 year range. I did look around a bit yesterday and I really don't want to go to a new place and start out w/ limited vacation time and sick time. I earn 26 vacation says per year, plus 3 personals and holidays. So that is 29 days off a year, plus the holidays. Granted, I don't usually use all that time and it ends up getting carried over (and we can only be paid for so much of it - so I really should start using it) I may still look to see if there is something else i can do in my organization - even for less money - if it meant I could feel more engaged with the work.

Anyway, it is what it is and there are worse things to worry about and if I can get my head in the right place I can get through it.

Very pretty, Beth!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 08:27 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

We had a nice day in Bennington, VT. My sister-in-law went to Bennington College so we decided to check out the area. It was exactly as I expected – and this sounds rude – but my SIL is odd and so was the area!

Today’s workout:
  • Body Electric Sculpture – Upper Body II plus abs
  • Pushups
  • Sciatica Yoga (Fightmaster)

I’m probably going to add Sculpture – Lower Body I this afternoon.

Pat: Once again, consistent steps and workouts! Cooking - I’m trying to eliminate as much cholesterol from my diet so I can finally get off these statins, which is why I’m eating vegan (besides helping animals and the planet). I’m only on 20mg of Lipitor right now but I’ve never had high cholesterol. I get my physical and bloodwork in May so if the numbers are good, I will start to lessen the statin. Yes, my career was interesting but I’ve always been a rebel so I never walked the straight and narrow! Even in college, I was always challenging professors about ideas but school is the place for it, the workplace not so much.

Summer Breeze: I hope you get a little rest today. Menopause, although I welcomed it with open arms, has really messed with my sleep. But I’ve been taking this Zicam Sleep gummies and I swear they are working beautifully.

https://www.zicam.com/our-products/i...immune-support

I honestly feel healthier and sleep more soundly. For $8.99 for a bottle that lasts a month, it might be worth a try! Yes, men are definitely like children. DH even wrecks the bed, pulling covers all over the place, undoing the hospital corners – I tell him it’s like living with a child! It was nice getting out yesterday but Bennington wasn’t my cup of tea. Next VT stop is Burlington. Hopefully we can bring our bikes with us. Glad you were able to walk yesterday.

Beth: Beautiful and welcome back!! There’s nothing like Hawaii! My DH and I got married on Haleakala on Maui in 1985. Nice to be able to tag along!!!! I so respect the ocean so paddle boarding at night is not something I would even try!

Donna: Fingers crossed that your bathroom work is done! I love weight training so there aren’t too many workouts that have any kind of dread factor. Good workouts!

Regarding work – I started watching an old movie yesterday, “Clockwatchers” about temporary workers. It’s a comedy but hits so close to home! A lot of being able to deal with work is attitude. You’re on the homestretch so if you try to change your attitude, you’ll be home free. Hopefully your co-worker’s attitude changes as well.

Waves to Debbie! Hope everyone has a good day!

Diane
Old 03-29-23, 08:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning!

~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 7 - Walk With Lucy in Paris for Marching in March
~ PT with therapist
~ 5,984 steps

Beth, wow! Thank you for sharing those stunning photos. I love sea turtles, but my favorite is the dolphins at night. Again - wow. You must be very tired, though.

Aw, Summer Breeze too bad about your bout of insomnia. You deserve a rest today. It looks like a beautiful day shaping up, though.

Donna, hoping your bathroom is completed today. Trying to adopt an attitude toward coping with the job situation sounds like a good idea. Maybe using some vacation days will help. 😉

Diane, your day trip to VT sounds nice. Upper New England is a little quirky for sure. Good luck getting off the statins, I hear the side effects are not pleasant.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote