Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-23, 12:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

FN1/SHW, re Chris Dorner, she has a playlist that is specifically called “low Impact” but I can tell you that she is really good about giving low impact options during the workouts themselves that aren’t specifically called “low impact.” I tend to just do the modifications myself “on the fly", as I kind of know which moves are no nos for me (no more jumping jacks with two feet off the floor at the same time!). I only rarely use a step at all these days, as even my lil 4 inch step can be too much, which I don’t find out until the next day, unfortunately. So I do many, if not most, of Chris’ step without one, and I can get my heart rate up just fine and enjoy some fun and motivating music. Oh, and lol about your take on the new Top Gun movie. Chacun a son gout, as lavna might say. It’s not really my kind of movie, plus we have been so consumed with all the different British series we’ve been binging that we are plenty entertained.

Kate, sending hugs! I have found that working out can sometimes be a good stress reliever, at least it was for me when I had so many family issues at the same time. Just please be kind to yourself, whether you are working out mentally or physically.

manleym, glad you are at the finish line with Dental Max! I have several crowns that of course need to be replaced every once in awhile—not very often, fortunately—and it can be an ordeal! I actually decided to subscribe to Chris Dorner’s channel with a monthly amount. I have been doing her workouts so much, particularly lately, that I felt I wanted to support her. I’ve actually learned some things from her as the immediacy of her workouts allows her to answer questions, some of which I didn’t even know to ask!

Chele, hope your daughter is feeling better! Ugh! And I hope neither you nor your DH caught anything from her!

Yesterday was Chris Dorner #276 Intermediate/advanced Step followed by #269 Intermediate step with Franny as guest. Franny has lost more than 70+ pounds with diet, Cathe, Chris, and a whole lot of perseverance!

Waves! Moby out!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 01:18 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug…sorry to hear about the continued feet issues and now shoulder. Ugh! Maybe mixing it up will help. And I think you definitely could have entered Chris’ contest for the t-shirt design.

Cataddict…CDorner is actually growing on me. I think I am so used to Cathe’s style that it takes me time to adjust. Ha ha. Same with Peloton. I think it’s great that you became a member and support her channel. She has so many free offerings. Unbelievable!

Bee…hope you are just busy.

Horusosiris…did you watch the World Baseball Finals. What an ending. That pitcher is incredible.

Manleym… thanks for the low impact recommendation. Hoping to do it tomorrow as a finisher with my strength program. Can’t believe UConn’s girls lost. We’ve gone to see them in a few playoff games. Good luck to Texas!!!

Today was a recovery cycling day plus yin yoga. I didn’t realize the recommendation is to do this type of yoga without warming up. Oops! Not that it can’t be done both ways but something about muscle and fiber activation. I really need to add these type of practices more to my weekly routine. My hips/knee area felt so good afterwards.

I will probably be finishing the Strength Program tomorrow. I was originally thinking of adding another one on until STS arrives. But now I’m rethinking this strategy. I may need more flexibility in the upcoming weeks with Finley and my husband traveling. I think I’m going to use the X 10 workouts for the next two weeks (missing Cathe) plus some Peloton core, yoga, and cardio. We’ll see if my ADD returns with this approach. I do better with a schedule these days. I continue to add floor step aerobics (15-20 minutes) or a short treadmill walk after dinner to see if it helps with my leg mobility, tightness and burning. Especially with sleeping. I use this warm-up cardio to actually do some mobility or stretching in the evening. Not sure if this new technique is working yet.

My daughter is finally feeling better. Returned to work today. No fever for the last 36 hours and her throat feels better. Thank goodness! I was afraid it was going to turn into strep. The party was a great success without us. Everyone loved the food and cake. I actually had to watch my sister’s dog yesterday so she packed me up some leftovers and we got to enjoy it last night for dinner and dessert.

Kate…continued prayers your way and lots of love from PA.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 04:16 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym…did you watch the Creighton - San Diego State game? Excellent from beginning to end. Both deserved to win.
Old 03-26-23, 05:06 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Manleym…did you watch the Creighton - San Diego State game? Excellent from beginning to end. Both deserved to win.
Yes. Thought it was a great game. Was pulling for creighton but don’t really have a reason. Obviously pulling for Texas! This has been a great 1st half.

Too bad for Texas. Lost in the last 8 minutes. Had done so well until then.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 05:23 PM  
horusosiris

Chel- I did not watch the world baseball finals because work demands have been taking up all of my time. I so wanted to but....! I am glad your daughter is feeling better.

Cataddict- opening day is April 6th and unfortunately I will not be able to attend.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-23, 08:59 AM  
ChelePA

Horusosiris… sorry to hear you’ve been crazy busy and will be missing out on baseball opener. Hopefully things will slow down soon as the weather gets nicer, and the semester starts coming to an end.

Manleym… I’m sure you’re disappointed about the Texas loss. It was an excellent game and what a comeback! Thanks for the CDorner low impact class recommendation. It was a perfect finisher for my strength class today. And I loved the music!

Last day of Peloton Strength Program. Tomorrow is the test to see if there was any improvement from beginning to end. Squats and pushups only so should be interesting since I definitely lifted a little heavier as the weeks progressed. Finished with CDorner’s low impact disco cardio routine. Perfect for my level. No complicated steps and you could add more impact if desired.

Hair appointment this afternoon. And some Easter shopping.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
Old 03-27-23, 10:54 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello! I feel so out of touch with you, friends! Yes, I have just been busy... I'll get to that, but first....

Kate, big hugs to you. I'm not sure what the situation is with your dad at this point, but gosh he has been through a lot in a short bit of time! I hope you and your brother are holding up.

Chele, so sorry you had to miss your mom's party!! Good that your daughter is feeling better (and it wasn't strep) and that you even got to have some of the party food. Oh.... I have never heard that yin is supposed to be done without warmup. What is the reasoning behind that? Maybe you would get too stretched otherwise? Seems so counterintuitive to not warm up before stretching.

kittybug, I'm sorry your still having foot problems, and now shoulder? Yikes! Maybe do something completely different for a while? Or maybe just shorter sessions?

manleym, I love to picture you and your husband watching the basketball games and cheering. And then pausing while a plane flies over. I haven't seen much basketball lately, but did see some of the Iowa women's game yesterday. Not a close game but still fun to watch them play. I'm so impressed with your callanetics finish!

Kim, I so want to see that Champions movie! So glad to hear it sounds like it'll live up to my expectations.

cataddict, how frustrating that you've been having the problems with posting. Sounds like you are doing well in the strength department! Our weather has been great (if chilly) the last few or so days, but another storm coming in so we have to do a little repair work today so as not to have any leakage.

I have mostly been busy with work. I still cannot talk about one big aspect of what I do, but I will tell you it's weather related, so we had to take advantage this weekend, so there were some long days last week leading up to it, and then a couple of hours Saturday and full day yesterday. Sadly, after two hours into it, we had complete failure. It happens, but it was a tough blow. And we begin again....

I did have great fun Saturday night with some friends. They made hot pot -- there were five of us (my hubby didn't go because he doesn't know them very well). A few UK transplants (actually, I was the only native born American. I almost said "native American" -- oops!) so there was bread pudding for dessert. Great food and really fun company, so definitely a highlight of the weekend!!

I'm not even going to get to workouts.... have done some.

Waves to lavna,horusosiris, Linda, and Vintage!!
Old 03-27-23, 01:19 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… I like a good mystery Sounds like some fun and interesting work going on. Can’t wait to hear about it in the future!!!
Old 03-28-23, 09:58 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… you’re not the only one who talks to themselves. Ha ha.

Last day of Peloton strength program with 5 minute test today. I showed some improvement overall. Same weight but I was able to do five extra squats in the timeframe. Also 10 extra push ups on my knees. I think my form was much better this time around. Finished with a 45 minute classic rock cycling class. It was a tough one! Sneaky hard!

Easter was supposed to be a small gathering at my house since my sister is having surgery and can’t do it this year. Just like my mom’s party, it keeps growing. Ha ha. Need to start planning my menu.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 03-28-23, 11:52 AM  
Mickey12

Happy Tuesday, Watulans

There's not a lot going on with me lately. I did Kristin Dowell's hi/lo recharge the other day. That one was really fun. I did a 45 minute premix which was the perfect length. Yesterday I did Jari Love's Get Ripped. I think it's been at least 10 years since I did this workout. I realized I haven't been doing a lot of strength work lately and I wanted some weights. I found that one among my my strength DVDs and decided to give it a whirl.

This morning I did two Charlene Prickett step workouts. They were filmed outside in the mountains. Beautiful scenery.

Speaking of scenery, my daffodils are poking up and the ones closest to the house are almost ready to open.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in