Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-28-23, 08:02 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going to my fitness class, taking a walk and stopping by the grocery store. I heard from the WRC and I’ll be doing waterfowl Monday mornings. This schedule is now about where I was before Covid days - yay!

Laura, I’m hoping to be able to get out on my porch in about two weeks or so…. There’s still about a foot of snow out there, but melting slowly. Glad Polly is enjoying her outdoors . I do think we’re seeing more tornadoes down south, but not sure if it’s bypassed us totally up here - I think it would be weird if we had a tornado when the snow is still out though.

Paula, good you’re getting another Covid booster - I haven’t heard much about the availability of this shot though. I’m seeing a bit of back yard now! Still heaps of snow out there, but some bare ground in front of my shed. What kind of DVR did you have? I used to be a fan of TiVo and still use that for my antenna, but I’ll probably get something for recording cable when I move. I haven’t heard of transferring video to DVDs with the recorders. Nice that you were able to travel and stay on your boat in Mexico!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 04:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today has melted away. I had a Zoom call with the online company through which I'm building my business/website. It was for people in the phase I'm currently in, so it was informative and I got some questions answered about my analysis. Then, I ran to the library and pharmacy.

Would it drive you all nuts if I uploaded a couple more logos? I came up with two more potential site names and want some opinions.

Paula - If those are the criteria, then that totally makes sense. He'll just have to SAIL to Europe. (Notice that my tongue is fully inserted into my cheek!) I'd think it would be good to get a COVID booster given how many people are on those ships. Is this the cruise out of Galveston?

Anita - Yeah, the Midwest definitely still gets tornadoes. I understand Tornado Alley to mean the area of the country where there are the most tornadoes hit on a regular basis. We get tornadoes, too, but not like Mississippi and Alabama. These days, I feel like nothing is surprising anymore, although I'd probably be surprised by a tornado when snow's on the ground. Congrats on getting back to even more normal at the WRC!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 06:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Paula, there are things in other countries we think would be neat to see (namely castles) but we both hate flying and there are honestly enough places in the US that we want to visit so there isn't much draw to leave. Other than Banff, as Anita mentioned, and Nova Scotia (and that's only bc one of my favorite TV shows was filmed there) I'll be content to just travel around the US. I wish our DVR would let me transfer shows, even just to my computer. I had a 2018 Twins game that I wanted to keep forever but it got deleted when the DVR got too full. I love having the DVR though. All my shows are set as series recordings so the only thing that ties me to a TV schedule is baseball.

Anita, actually the only things that record on our DVR are things I want to see. It's rare that hubby records anything. He has shows he likes but he just watched them on demand. A corgi seems like it would make a great buddy for a small space. I hope it works out if you decide you want to do that! As far as baseball broadcasts, MLB kind of sucks with blackouts and all kinds of restrictions. I used to be able to watch the Sox sometimes (other than when they played the Twins) but when we got internet they had to change our ancient cable package and took away MLB Network, which makes me so sad! I used to watch the Twins game and post-game and then change it to MLB channel to watch whatever game was going on on the west coast. We must be much warmer here to the south of you! We have almost no snow left!

Laura, I can't even imagine living in Chicago! But I am totally not a city girl, let alone a big city. When we came home from my uncle's funeral in January we came through on NY Day so I was willing to drive through Chicago and unknowingly drove right past the Sox stadium! I was so excited when I looked over and saw it! I just wished I could have gotten a picture. Sure, let's see your logos!

As far as tornadoes, I believe I saw last year that Kansas and Texas get the most tornadoes, but I'm not positive.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-23, 06:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Oh, I forgot to post my workouts! Not much but the important thing is I showed up! I did day 14 of David O's Fresh Start yoga challenge, but it was just meditation so doesn't count toward workout minutes. Then I did day 14 of Kegel Camp and then this core workout by Dr. Kristie Ennis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiY7...ndex=57&t=279s It was tough and I liked it a lot! I had much more planned but I was too hungry to keep going. Did some decluttering stuff after lunch.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-28-23, 08:42 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 15 Push (Strength) followed by Tamilee Webb Floor Stretch.

Met friends for lunch, which is always pleasant. Didn’t do much of anything else.

I think someone asked what brand our DVR is – it’s a Motorola.

Anita, hope you got to the exercise class. From what I’ve read, you only need one of the Bivalent shots. We haven’t had one yet, so getting it now before the cruise makes sense. I don’t known if there is a shortage, but I didn’t have any problem getting an appointment for the shot.

Laura, I’m open to looking at new logos. Actually, sailing to Europe might be the only way we’d ever get there. Since we no longer own a sail boat, that ship has sailed – haha. I always thought tornado alley started in the southeast and went straight through Oklahoma City. But not this year, the tornados seem to be hitting southern states and skipping Oklahoma and Ohio.

Vantreestra, Banff is neat, but we have parks in this country that are just as beautiful. We’ve been to Banff and Jasper, both are in Alberta. I preferred Jasper, beautiful and not nearly as crowded as Banff. Have you been to the Grand Canyon? It’s one of the seven wonders of the world and far easier to visit than Banff. Showing up is the most important part of working out IMHO.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 11:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Weird! I thought I had posted this morning, but nothing here…. I had my chat with the MOBE coach this morning - I’m doing it, but sometimes it feels kind of boring. I just hope it provides some stimulus to keep up some health goals I’ve started for this year. I’ll be meeting some friends for a walk this afternoon - weird cold day with temps below freezing for today. Spring needs to come!

Laura, Glad you were able to get some help for your website. Sure! You can ask our opinion about your logos and names - was there some sort of conflict with the previous ones? I’ve not heard of many tornadoes in a major city, but the suburbs and countryside have been hit up here. Found out that my friend’s house was built after a tornado hit that neighborhood about 50 years ago. Yes, I’m happy to get back to being a busy lady - Covid really cut down on my activities!

Vantreesta, I love my DVR - it frees up my time and I don’t watch any commercials unless it’s in the Super Bowl I like that I can schedule recordings at 1 am and they’re ready for me when I watch in the afternoon. I’m not likely to get a dog at this stage before my move, but there would be the possibility of hosting a dog through the rescue for a while before it’s adopted - I do have at least a year here yet. I don’t want to mess up the house though and be ready for realtors, when the time comes… You’ve been kind of hit or miss with some of the storms lately, so not too unusual to have the melt down there. I want the melt up here, but don’t mind the slowness so water gets absorbed better - less flooding. I’m hoping my garden survived the drought last summer! Yay on getting some decluttering done!

Paula, Thanks for letting me know about Jasper - may need to add it to a vacation! Too bad it doesn’t look like Motorola makes any video recorders these days, but I did see a cheap one on eBay . I think the Covid vaccine freebie clinics have passed - don’t know if current vaccines are still free or having to go through insurance. I’m hoping the vaccine is still available at drug stores - easy vaccination there.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 12:29 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, we dropped Polly off for a dental appointment. Last night was tough with the pre-meds. She was NOT happy. And we got up on the early side for us to give her another dose. She needs to have two more teeth pulled and will lose her second top front tooth. But it needs to be done. All that means we will need to keep her inside for the next couple of weeks. THAT will be fun. Ha!

The rest of today has been taken up with cooking (for me) and doing laundry and gathering boxes and trash to go out this evening.

When I was working on the business analysis, I ran into a new idea for the URL that I like. That doesn't mean I dislike my original idea, but I wanted to see what you think about the new one. It's MealtimeMaverick.com. I'll change my avatar when I'm done with this post with the possible new logo.

Anita - It's good life is getting back to the way you want it to me. You never know what might be motivating to you and I hope the MOBE calls do that, even if they aren't the most exciting option. I hope that you see warmer temps SOON!

Paula - The Grand Canyon is phenomenal. Good suggestion. Of course, Vantreesta has family in Arizona. Chances are she has been. Guess we'll see. Have you been to Glacier National Park? I really want to go to that one. You've had several times with friends recently. That's great!

Vantreesta - Well, this was Chicago back in the 70s, a different time. It's good you found a workout that you wanted to do more of. There will be another time.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-29-23, 12:40 PM  
Vantreesta

I went to the Grand Canyon with my family decades ago when I was in I think 3rd grade. I would love to see it again as an adult. For many years my dad talked about hiking down but I'm not sure his arthritis would really allow that anymore, not and be as fun as when he was younger. There's so many places out there I still want to visit. We tend not to do a lot for a few reasons: Cyric is with me so we can only be away from home up to 10ish hours, cost of fuel, and my mom was the get up and go one, Dad and I are homebodies. But I want to go to Tombstone and the Petrified Forest National Park and the Grand Canyon again, as well as some of the places my brother goes hiking. I love Jerome and want to go sometime in October to do that haunted stuff.

Paula, loved your sailing jokes!

Anita, it definitely makes sense to wait till you're moved to your new place to think of getting a dog. I admire you if you foster in the meantime! I don't think I ever could bc I get way too attached. Even at the end of the two week foster-to-adopt period we had with Cyric there was no way I wanted to let him go.

Laura, I really like the new logo and Mealtime Maverick title! I think it's very catchy. Plus it sounds a little rebellious to me, which I can certainly appreciate.

Old 03-29-23, 06:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

What an afternoon! We picked up Polly from the vet. They pulled two teeth and she now has lost both of her upper teeth in the front. Last year, she kept falling over due to the anesthesia and we told them about it, so they adjusted the protocol. This year was so much worse. She couldn't use her back legs at all and, when she tried to do anything, she would wheeze. And we couldn't keep her from trying to move around. We took her back to the vet and they checked her out. They said that her breathing was okay and her legs were due to the anesthesia. Larry took her back to her bathroom where we keep her at night after getting home again and fed her and that seemed to be what she needed. Of course, she made a huge mess and we cleaned that up and then left her in her bathroom lying on a towel. She seemed much more content because when I checked on her, she was purring up a storm. We are both TIRED. Fortunately, this vet is less than 1/2 a mile away, so it wasn't a huge undertaking going back and forth.

As of now, she is walking some and seems to have settled down. So we are assuming that she is doing better.

Vantreesta - Yeah, there are some places I'd like to go back to as an adult as well. I grew up with my parents taking us on vacation in the summer and Dad would always say, "I want you to remember this for the rest of your life!" He figured if they spent the money and time to get me there, that I should remember it. We went to Arizona on vacation one year and saw a lot in the state. The Painted Desert and Petrified Forest was one of the best days we had. Thanks for the feedback on the name and logo.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-29-23, 08:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Sarah Starr Morning Refresh and Pahla B Body Shaping Day 16 – Stretch.

Today was an errand day, we got two loads of laundry done, got the COVID Bivalent booster this morning. Then we went to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, went shopping for new shoes for DH. All this time it was raining an we were in and out of the rain an cold. I kept thinking, I sure hope neither one of us comes down with a cold after this. After we got home I did our cruise check in online, so now all we have to do is show up on the 16th.

Anita, I hear you about losing your post, same thing happened to me last week. We didn’t have to pay for our vaccine today, but they did take all our insurance information so I guess insurance is paying for it. We got it done at a CVS Pharmacy. Not sure how far a drive it would be for you to go to Jasper, but it would definitely be worth it. What does MOBE stand for?
Laura, I think I like “Maverick – it’s about you, not the food” best so far. Yes, I’ve been to Glacier National Park and enjoyed it very much – another one definitely worth visiting. Oh my gosh, how sad Polly was so out of it – I hope she’s better tomorrow.

Vantreestra, You should definitely go back to the Grand Canyon, especially if it brings back good memories. I’ve only been to Minnesota once that I actually recall, when we drove to Wisconsin for the Osh Kosh Air Show. We just drove through, didn't see much. Neither of us are home bodies so we’re always trying to think of places to go and things to do.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote